Dogs & Cats

MavericksMission

Sorry if this topic has already been discussed.. :laugh:

Maverick (Malamute Cross Border Collie) & Oliver (Cat), have a very special friendship!

When Maverick is inside with us, Oliver will come up to Maverick (while all the other cats scatter) and he will start smooching with him.

Oliver just loves to cuddle into Maverick and go to sleep.

Very Cute!

IMG_0380.jpg

(Sorry for image quality, taken on my phone)

Does anyone else have dogs and cat (or other animals) that share that special friendship?

Morpheus (cat) using Anishinaabe as a heat pad.

137.jpg

Morpheus with Acheron. The look on Ash's face is because Morph had been suckling on him and poor Acheron was a tad discombobulated.

223.jpg

Morph as a kitten stealing the dogs' food.

Photo0060.jpg

Basically Morpheus doesn't realise he is supposed to be running away from dogs. He is MOST confounded if a rescue dog comes in and has the audacity to bite his tail. Doesn't stop Morph coming back and head butting them for attention again though. :laugh:

Edited by Ams

My three cats adore my Staffy, Jarrah. He plays with one of them, Oliver, like he would play with another dog, and allows the others to flop around all over him. He's a very "safe" dog for them to be around.....sometimes they take advantage of his good nature & he will come & find me to have a cat removed from his person.

I feel very blessed to have him.

who is the tall dark stranger there?

maverick is the name! bc x mal gorgeous :rofl:

we have a cat who loves the dogs more than us :( ha

another cat forms bonds with the sheep and horses , she sleeps on their backs

poppyx-albums-other-pets-picture2664t-lisa-mojo-again.jpg

poppyx-albums-other-pets-picture2661t-willow-aka-eeyore-rip-sweety-mojo-cat-kitty.jpg

:laugh:

she loooves the big horses but i dont have pics of that yet!

Our youngest kitten, Matilda LOVES our dog Delilah, and while all the other cats run from both our dogs Matilda actively seeks the dogs out for a snuggle. Sam the Labrador licks her head until she is drenched and she always goes back for more. Delilah often gets overwhelmed by Matilda's affection as you can see below:

3580501215_8f6c71cf27.jpg

3581310674_b92283c902.jpg

:champagne: Love the photos.

My white and black large and fluffy cat is firmly convinced she's really a Border Collie. She's spent all of her 12 or so years with Border Collies, and has a special talk she talks to them. She's recently discovered that my young BC boy is a very good bottom cleaner - she presents her bottom to him, and waits till he's cleaned it for her. :cheer: (Gotta remember not to let the dog lick me :laugh: .

Here she is a couple of years ago with my agility girl Kirra

1fe48010ee3b3b66ea09bf7aff30b065.JPG

And one from last year - when she was still teaching puppy Rory how to mind his manners round cats. :laugh:

53a23384c31d6e45e2f86ba1ae953b68.jpg

And one from last year - when she was still teaching puppy Rory how to mind his manners round cats. :laugh:

53a23384c31d6e45e2f86ba1ae953b68.jpg

That expression on Rory is priceless :champagne:

Its a little too soon for my girls to love Winnie, they are 12 & 14 years old and have never been around dogs! Gemma lets Winnie lick her ears and 'cuddle' her but only for a short time before she lets Winnie know cuddles have finished :cheer: Brandii just runs :laugh:

Edited by jata

What adorable pics !! :laugh:

I love seeing and hearing about pets getting along so nicely together ! :)

Well ever since we adopted Leroy (late last year), Joey our youngest Cav has taken to him in a real Motherly way!

All Joey wants to do is lick Leroy and give him little love nibbles, which Leroy doesn't seem to mind !

loveleroy-1.jpg

Joey's never been like this with our other cat 'Karma'. In fact Karma has never really taken a liking to Joey :laugh:

Edited by JulesLuvsCavs

Wolfgirl, that is so cute, the one with the galah and your cats and dog ! :laugh:

My parents used to breed GSD's, and we had a galah back then that used to walk among them, and pinch their food ! In fact he used to drag their food bowls under the water tank so they couldn't get to them ! LOL

One of my cats ignores Pepper, and she generally accepts that and leaves Misha alone. But the other cat has what you could call a "special" relationship with her. It's not as cute as your photos though (very jealous!)

Pepper and Tonto's special relationship goes like this:

P - where's the cat where's the cat where's the cat

T - *strolls over to where Pepper can see him and cleans himself*

P - there's the cat there's the cat there's the cat... oooh, I'm sooooo excited! *tail wags, nose pressed against kitty, bit of slobber on his head, etc*

T - she's annoying me. she's annoying meeeeeeee! (insert cranky meow here) *brings out a claw and gets it stuck in Peppers jowls*

P - he moved! Wow! this is exciting! *tail wags*

T - why hasn't she been put outside yet? *throws something on the floor* *runs under a chair/table*

P - *runs after the cat* woo hoo! chasey! *crashes into chair/ table*

Pepper gets put outside, or Tonto gets locked in a bedroom. If Pepper goes out, I swear Tonto's saying "ner ner, got you in trouble". Yet Pepper loves him to bits anyway (we're mildly scared that it will be "to bits" if he keeps running from her, and instinct kicks in).

Gorgeous photos. Thanks for the "awwwwww" moments.

Gorgeous pics everyone!

Larger version of the pic in my sig...

KugesandIndi01.jpg

India (cat) thinks dogs are smooching posts, she also thinks Kuges is the bees knees because he lets her wriggle and snuggle and smooch all over him. Ella's slowly starting to accept kitty smooches without leaping up and running away but I don't have pics yet.

Somewhere I have pics of Kuges with a couple of rabbits, other cats and kittens and a galah, but I think the pics predate my digital camera. I do have a couple on digi of him with various puppies. Foster pup took to him immediately. This pic was taken sometime in the first three days (I can tell by the collar she's wearing)

KugesEbony01.jpg