Disreputable Breeder

Canine Patrol

Hi all, somebody has told me some interesting information on a particular kennel, who really has no respect for their animals or customers and is really only in it for the money. I would just like to make everyone aware of this breeder before they cause more heartache to anyone else. My question is where or whom would I contact in regards to this information?

Thankyou

If you have absolute proof of mis-deeds that breach the COE's as SBT mentioned, you can phone Dogs Victoria if the breeder is in Victoria, they are the state's governing body.

but make sure its not just malicious gossip or misunderstandings before you start down that road.

fifi

You would also need to make sure it is an ANKC registered breeder not a puppy farmer or BYBer first before complaining to Dogs Vic or any other state CC as they have noi jurisdiction over non members. Some people put in adds that they are registered breeders but it is council or similar registration not ANKC registration.

Well, this information is hearsay for you, so that will reduce the impact of any report that you make because it is little more than gossip when not a first-hand account. The best option is for the "somebody" who provided the information to you to make a report to (depending on the cause for concern):

RSPCA - cruelty

Dept Fair Trading (or whatever it is called this week) - misrepresentation or lack of fair dealing with customers

State CC - if breach of COE & breeder is registered

Hi all, somebody has told me some interesting information on a particular kennel, who really has no respect for their animals or customers and is really only in it for the money. I would just like to make everyone aware of this breeder before they cause more heartache to anyone else. My question is where or whom would I contact in regards to this information?

Thankyou

As the others have told you it's a matter of having first hand proof that the dogs are suffering or being used outside the rules and regulations. Dogs Victoria will not be able to act if your information is a verbal conversation (hearsay)and will require some form of physical evidence to back your claim.

Unfortunately in the breeding world we do get disreputable breeders and also people who set out to tarnish others reputation by making up stories, it goes without saying it's dishearting.

If you go firsthand and visit this so called puppy farm and take a friend, you'll have a eye witness to your allegations and may get further in procedings.

It's your first post and only post on here.

I think you are just here for a $h!t stir.

Forum Trolls :happydance2:

edit to add: how many reputations have been ruined due to unfounded malicious rumors and competitors with axes to grind?

Edited by whippets