My Male Dogs

kat99

hi all , well i have a slight promblem in my backyard . i have a 9 year old male desexed , a 3 year old male entire , they have always got along never growled at each other . know i have a female not desexed as well . the entire male lifts his lips up and growling at my other desexed male. now my other male seems to be top male desexed so i dont know why he is hiding all of a sudden . i growled back at my entire male today, when he growled at my desexed male . and asked him to sit. he did stop. He keeps licking my female lips weird . know i had her seperated and it made things worse . another question if i desexed my entire male will this still occur ? as my desexed male still think he is entire whats the go people help please . my two males have lived togetaher for 3 years with no promblems and with females also so why now ?

Based on that information I'd not hazard a guess. You probably need someone to see them to establish what the dynamic is. Is the female due to come in season?

Any reason why any of them need to be entire? Were the other female dogs undesexed?

I'd be separating the males until you figure out what's happening.

Edited by poodlefan

yes the female is entire , on main rego plan to show her , the male is entire plan to have him put on min rego with discussion i talked to breeder a while go just have to look for his paperwork ,

what my question is they have nevr done this before even when my female dog was on heat ?

yes the female is entire , on main rego plan to show her , the male is entire plan to have him put on min rego with discussion i talked to breeder a while go just have to look for his paperwork ,

what my question is they have nevr done this before even when my female dog was on heat ?

No one can tell on the internet but how old were the two males last time you had a bitch on heat. It may be that the younger dog was happy to take a followers role before but now he's older and still entire, he's prepared to take your older boy on.

she was on heat 7 mth ago , she has odd heats i think im going to bath and bring my old boy inside for safety reason . and spoken to hubby we are go to spilt our yard .as well as i have a child and i dont want the three of them fighting while he is outside . i also have a dog run just being used for rescue puppies atm.

last time she was on heat we had jasper seperated and my desexed male with her . he did try to mate her he has being desexed for 4 year is this normal behavouir for a desexed male as well ?

last time she was on heat we had jasper seperated and my desexed male with her . he did try to mate her he has being desexed for 4 year is this normal behavouir for a desexed male as well ?

Was he desexed fairly late? I've heard of desexed males achieving a tie with a bitch in heat. :(

Sounds to me like you may need to separate all three dogs while she is in season.

Was he desexed fairly late? I've heard of desexed males achieving a tie with a bitch in heat. :(

Sounds to me like you may need to separate all three dogs while she is in season.

I know of breeders that send their males away when they have a bitch on heat, or the bitch if she is not to be bred that time. Personally, I think you are asking for trouble leaving things as they are. An undesexed dog, as you have witnessed yourself, will also try to do the deed.

hi thanks guys for your advice .

i have a neighbour i can place one of my dogs in her yard as shye doesnt have a dog so its a empty yard .

the breeder desexed him when he was 4 years old

The younger male will now be fully mature/adult... and so there will be challenges.

2 males and one entire female is not the ideal trio :(

Good for you separating them- may I also suggest you get a trainer/behaviourist in .You will need longterm strategies to manage these three! dividing the yard is fine, but if they can fence run, the aggression may well increase....

Castrated males can and do mate with bitches, and achieve a tie .

You will need to keep all three dogs separate, at times, it seems :mad

and also bear in mind- one of your dogs, removed from home AND a desirable bitch WILL PROBABLY try and get home again ...he may try and dig/jump to escape- is this fair on your neighbour?

Edited by persephone

the entire male is next door atm and was last time as well . and he doesnt do anything he is happy if i put the female over there they get along happy woudl desexed stop this or would comp still arise . i will look at a dog behavouist to help me . thanks again

Not a good situation. I had the misfortune to rescue an old female dog (around 13 yrs) and she came on heat. I had 3 male dogs, all desexed but 2 of them were challenging each other to mate with her. I was horrified and had to keep them separate, it was a very stressful 3 weeks. They were small dogs.

I can't believe anyone can live with that amount of stress personally.

well all is good my boy dogs are getting along fine , but i have decided until im ready to breed after talking to afew breeders to have a implant put into my entire male . they are back to playing rough againw ith no promblems

A bit off topic, but if your un-desexed male is 3 years old and still on Limit register, I didn't think he could be put onto the main register anymore... Think it has to be done by 3. I was going to do the same with my young boy, but I didn't end up doing it, just got him desexed at about 18months of age.

well all is good my boy dogs are getting along fine , but i have decided until im ready to breed after talking to afew breeders to have a implant put into my entire male . they are back to playing rough againw ith no promblems

*fingers crossed it will all stay fine* :laugh:

A bit off topic, but if your un-desexed male is 3 years old and still on Limit register, I didn't think he could be put onto the main register anymore... Think it has to be done by 3. I was going to do the same with my young boy, but I didn't end up doing it, just got him desexed at about 18months of age.

Yes I'm fairly certain that's correct. Once they turn three years of age you can no longer transfer them onto the main register.

Give Dogs NSW a call but I think that is the case.

Yes I'm fairly certain that's correct. Once they turn three years of age you can no longer transfer them onto the main register.

Give Dogs NSW a call but I think that is the case.

ow dear , i was told teh oppisite i was told with a stack deck witch the breeder was doing that he could be changed over .but ill ring the breeder again