Occy

j

I made the very hard decision to give my little Occy dog his wings today.

He was diagnosed with Cushings before Christmas and has been up and down with it.

He had a number of other long term health issues and these were all coming to a head recently. He has been unable to play with our other dog for quite a while due to his pain issues from arthritits.

It was the hardest decision for me to make, but I think it was the right one.

Max sends you wags and licks and hopes to run and jump with you again. He is lying on your bed, wondering where you are.

My funny little dog with the bent legs and floppy ears, I hope there are possums and starlings there for you to bark at. I don't know what was in your past, but I do know that you had a lot of health issues and injuries before you came to me.

The last 8 years have been a delight. I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did. ETA - correction to the time Occy was with me.

RIP Occy

Edited by j

:laugh: Oh, I'm so sorry j, you gave little Occy the very best of your love and vet care - and with those long battles, there comes a time when you look into their eye's and you know they've had enough.

And thats what makes a loving owner - selfless in your love, and letting them go.

He sounded like such a great little chappie :laugh:

Take care of yourselves, and hugs from our clan to your.

fifi, danny & hounds xxx

Thanks everyone for the words.

I knew it was time when he didn't even wag his tail when the lead came out. Even when he was unwell, the lead would guarantee a dance from Occy. A walk was the most exciting thing in the world to him.

And my maths is appalling. Occy came to me in 2002. One of the cats came in 2003. My mind wasn't working very well yesterday

I'm so very sorry J :)

You did your very best for Occy and he would have known and loved you for that

Giving him his wings was a couragious decision based on the love and respect you had for him

Run free Occy :laugh:

Yes, a very selfless deed, your last act of love to your boy.

I'm sure he is over the bridge now, smiling and thanking you... waiting for your reunion one day. In the meantime I'm sure he'll greet the many others that will pass along the way... he sounds like a little wag :laugh:

Rest in peace Occy, much relief that your battle is over now.

• 2 weeks later...