Poll: Have You Ever Used The Report Button

sandgrubber

Use of Report button on DOL  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you used the Report button?

• Never
    • Once
    • Two or three times
    • More than three times
    • Quite often

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

used it twice, the one most recently when someone in a show thread started to refer to everyone who lived in the country as cotton pickin yokels. That really got my goat up :thumbsup:

LOL - I wondered where that one had gone......and for the record - us "yokels" gave back just as good as we got ;)

Damn, that's another one I missed :)

Have to admit I like a bit of spice too.

I haven't reported anyone.

Only once, many years ago have I been angry enough to have got really nasty to a particular DOL member in a topic - I still think to this day it was warranted and I'd do it again. I can't remember back then if there was a report button but if there was no one pressed it.

hey what's wrong with cotton pickle yokels?..that's hilarious :thumbsup:

You're right that is hilarious :thumbsup: Hey, What's a cotton pickin yokel :laugh:

edit coz i put picking & it didn't have quite the same impact as pickin. :laugh:

Edited by ILK

Just used it, can you believe it, never thought I'd have to do that. Not reporting the OP, but the clip attached has embedded flashes of war clips that disturbing and will be upsetting to some. Its like it has a bug in it or something, or has been tampered with.

Edited by SmoothieGirl

Just used it, can you believe it, never thought I'd have to do that. Not reporting the OP, but the clip attached has embedded flashes of war clips that disturbing and will be upsetting to some. Its like it has a bug in it or something, or has been tampered with.

It wasn't a bug, nor had it been tampered with... the joke (which yeah, probably isn't very funny to some) went completely over your head.

It wasn't a bug, nor had it been tampered with... the joke (which yeah, probably isn't very funny to some) went completely over your head.

Yep, it sure did go over my head, but (genuine question) how is it funny? What have I missed here? I get most jokes, but clearly I'm not getting this one? Help!

Yep, it sure did go over my head, but (genuine question) how is it funny? What have I missed here? I get most jokes, but clearly I'm not getting this one? Help!

I posted the answer to this question in the original thread :D

hey what's wrong with cotton pickle yokels?..that's hilarious :D

You're right that is hilarious ;) Hey, What's a cotton pickin yokel :confused:

edit coz i put picking & it didn't have quite the same impact as pickin. :laugh:

From the point of view of someone who was involved in that thread (and didn't get a warning.....angelic halo is shining), it was actually really funny.

Nobody was getting particularly nasty or offensive (IMO) but everyone was being pretty up-front about what they thought - it just involved someone coming into a thread off-topic and making a statement to cause a stir. Should everyone have just ignored it - yes. Did they - no. It was just too much fun to get involved.....

If you want to know what a cotton pickin yokel is think the Beverly Hillbillies, banjos, and a piece of straw in ones mouth.......LOL

Well I think the report button has been used tonight regarding an obsessive dog video. Go Figure that some people could be so sensitive :confused:

I don't get why it's gone either, each to their own I guess.

Well I think the report button has been used tonight regarding an obsessive dog video. Go Figure that some people could be so sensitive :confused:

because it flashed three images that may have to do with war. :laugh: :D

Yes, because the dog was showing a traumatized face and was flashing back to traumatizing images. I get that some people found it offensive, but I don't think it was offensive enough to be completely deleted but hey... whatever. I've certainly seen/read more offensive things on DOL over the years ;)

Edited by huski

Yes, because the dog was showing a traumatized face and was flashing back to traumatizing images. I get that some people found it offensive, but I don't think it was offensive enough to be completely deleted but hey... whatever. I've certainly seen/read more offensive things on DOL over the years ;)

The dog wasn't showing a traumatized face though. The dog "Stains" on Animal Plant's The Dog or Me was staring down the cupcakes; his herding and working instincts coming through. Someone had since uploaded the clip onto the computer and embedded it with three quick flash images of the vietnam war. Minus the three images (less then a second of viewable picture) the clip was perfectly fine.

ETA: the original clip, which should not be in anyway offensive as it has no war images can be viewed here for those who were curious...

Edited by Bonnie Parker

The dog wasn't showing a traumatized face though. The dog "Stains" on Animal Plant's The Dog or Me was staring down the cupcakes; his herding and working instincts coming through. Someone had since uploaded the clip onto the computer and embedded it with three quick flash images of the vietnam war. Minus the three images (less then a second of viewable picture) the clip was perfectly fine.

I am well aware the dog wasn't actually showing a traumatized face, I meant that is what it looked like and it (the dog's expression) is what makes the clip funny.

I am also well aware that it was the war scenes that flashed up (to represent what was flashing through the dog's mind - no, not literally) is what people found offensive. All I am saying is that I didn't find it particularly offensive myself, certainly not offensive enough for the entire thread to be deleted but hey - each to their own.

Edited by huski

I am well aware the dog wasn't actually showing a traumatized face, I meant that is what it looked like and it (the dog's expression) is what makes the clip funny.

I am also well aware that it was the war scenes that flashed up (to represent what was flashing through the dog's mind - no, not literally) is what people found offensive. All I am saying is that I didn't find it particularly offensive myself, certainly not offensive enough for the entire thread to be deleted but hey - each to their own.

Totally agree, I can't believe that post was reported, gawd there are some sensitive souls on DOL.

Hi guys. I was the one that reported it and trust me, I'm far from a sensitive soul. But no matter which way I look at it, it strikes me as very disrectful to associate flippant humour with the death and maiming of humans subjected to the horrors of war, but maybe this only came across to those who grew up when those images were current in the media.

Joke was very funny, without the clips, I agree. :confused:

I don't know, perhaps its a generational thing? I'll shuffle off to my hidey hole now, nuff said.

Edited by SmoothieGirl

Hi guys. I was the one that reported it and trust me, I'm far from a sensitive soul. But no matter which way I look at it, it strikes me as very disrectful to associate flippant humour with the death and maiming of humans subjected to the horrors of war, but maybe this only came across to those who grew up when those images were current in the media.

Joke was very funny, without the clips, I agree. :confused:

I don't know, perhaps its a generational thing? I'll shuffle off to my hidey hole now, nuff said.

Yeah I think it must be, I'm only in my early 30's yet the photo of a girl running through the streets naked because her clothes burned off her and her flesh burning isn't that amusing.

It's not the war images that are supposed to be funny. It's the dog having terrible pictures running through it's mind that is supposed to 'gel' with the look on his face.

Just because I'm in my 20s does not mean I find those images amusing on their own, and it's obviously not a generational thing because other DOLers who are older found it amusing too. What a ridiculous statement to make - oh yes, young people find horrific war images funny!

Obviously everyone has a different sense of humour, no need to get your knickers in a knot over it. As I said earlier I've seen a hell of a lot more offensive things posted on DOL over the years.

Edited by huski