Met A New Breed Today But Can't Find The Proper Name

Katdogs

Everyone was guessing some sort of OES/Bearded Collie type dog, but a lovely big fluffball I met today was a purebreed - a French shepherd de something or other. She's bigger than Stevie (Lab x Golden) already at ten months, though mostly fur. Can anyone point me to the right name so I can read more?

Also met an American Bulldog today, big sook he is!

Oohh so many gorgeous dogs!

It's so hard to tell, because most photos are of beautifully groomed dogs so I don't know if they turn to ringlets when natural. I've been through dog-a-log and Bouviers are the only breed that sound similar - there's an Ardenne version too - but this dog's ears weren't really visible, certainly not pricked.

Will get a photo next week and will write down the name straight away. I wish my memory was younger!

This? Barbet (French water dog)

Or you might find it here: http://www.dogsindepth.com/dog_country_origin_chart.html (scroll down to France :laugh: )

ETA, first linky didn't work :laugh: I'll try again http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbet_(dog)

and another link: http://www.barbet.org.uk/barbetinfo.htm

and some pics as I seem to have way too much time on my hands tonight :)

Edited by SecretKei

I think there are more than 9 Beardies in Australia, and if there aren't then most of them go to my obedience club.

I met a Polish Lowland Sheepdog at a show one day. Her name was Diva and she was the most divine little girl. I just adored her and if there wasn't a 5 year waiting list for a pup, I'd have my name down. Polish Lowland Sheepdogs are quite small though. They would only be half the size of a Bearded Collie and a hell of a lot smaller than an OES.

I first thought maybe Picardy Shepherd but they have 'ears' :)

Estrela mountain dog but this is Portugese.

Apart from the dogs mentioned already I cannot think of a french fluffie :laugh:

Schapendoes? too small and dutch though.

Portugese sheepdog.

Atlas shepherd?(morrocon)

French gundogs:

french pointing griffon

pont-audemer spaniel

great griffon vendeen.

Barbet, French and very fluffy!!

Let us know, with pic!

Now I wanna cry... :laugh: Whats a Bearded Collie :laugh:

If it turns out to be a Russian - please let me know who has it - might be my second breed :)

beardies are scottish.

heaps around, well compared to some other breeds. great at flyball and agility although god knows how they see!! :) cute, fairly long in the body and shortish legs though. very nice intelligent doggy! ;)