Kepala Dol - April Meet Pics

lappiemum

You see the lady you want to see! I see no lady, ladies do not fart my mum told me growing up :rofl: Nor do ladies release their anal glands twice in one week :rofl::laugh:

Just kidding, she is a lady when she wants to be. Most of the time she's pretty good and clean. She knows she's my big bubby :thumbsup:

Looks like we'll be off to the vet soon about those revolting glands.

SG how did the visit with dermatologist go for Bronte? Is she feeling any better and is she back on the medication.

Edited by LucyCharzie

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pics guys! I'm glad it looks like you had a good time, even if we are a bit jealous...lol!

A belated Happy Birthday to you, Pointees! :laugh:

I hope Bronte, Charlotte and Henrietta are feeling better soon...

I'm about to upload some pics from our beach holiday!

Looks like we'll be off to the vet soon about those revolting glands.

Welcome to my world. :)

Poor Alexis needs hers done once a month, luckily have can do it. :thumbsup:

A belated Happy Birthday to you, Pointees! :)

Thanks love!!

Can't wait to see you and Dakota at the next Kepala Meet!

I'm booking my two in for another lesson - April needs it. :thumbsup:

Pointees, I had Lucy's surgically removed when she was 4yrs old (they were infected every fortnight for a long time). If Charlotte's get too frequent i wont hesitate to do that too. Lucy was my first goldie when i was 15 (in my avatar pictured at 4 yrs). It is a relatively complex op with nerves very close, but if you have a good vet who has done the op before and has a good steady hand then I think it's worth it. The risk is they could become incontinent which happened with Lucy for the 5 days after surgery but once the drains and stitches were out she was back to her old self again :) I never looked back once the op was done.

I take it the swimming lessons are going well? Charlotte loved hers, i havent taken her for a session for a while, but seems to go well with the cold water lagoon. Actually think she prefers the cold water :thumbsup:

I wont be coming to the May Kepala, mum wants me home for mothers day and and it's my grandfathers birthday (87 this year! :)) How will Charlotte cope without her kepala!

Hey CF - thanks for the pics - love DoLer Kepala fun days!! - the pooches always have sooo much fun & you can see it in the pics!

Given that I qualify officially as a mum, I think I get to pick what I want to do on that day....!LOL

Hi all

Well no luck at the Dermo so far. When we got there Bronte's skin had broken out with a new bacterial infection, so two more weeks of elim diet, antibiotics and then back for testing on the 30th. She is really really really itchy at the moment, I don't know which if us is coping better, but its driving me mad to always see her scratching and nibbling.

Anyways, onwards and upwards. Went to a Herding Clinic there and guess who was there, the Rotties! Bliss is a natural, she really got it.

Next Sunday we are trying for our Instinct Cert and a having a bash at the Herding Title too. I was going to drag my Dad down to KCC as Bronte's personal photographer, but realised he's off to Tasmania for the Targa Rally - damn! I'll have to con some stranger into taking happy snaps instead, stay tuned for photos next week of Bronte and the Baaaa-ddies.

SG: I am sorry to hear things are worse for Bronte. I hope you have some relief really soon. It's awful to see her skin so bad like that :D Sending her healing vibes from Charlotte and I.

I was wondering does anyone know who might have any use for a Black Dog Head halter. It's a SMALL size one. I have had it sitting in the dog leads collars etc shelf for years and clearly will not be using it ever. You can have it FREE or should i donate to rescue?

SG: I am sorry to hear things are worse for Bronte. I hope you have some relief really soon. It's awful to see her skin so bad like that ;) Sending her healing vibes from Charlotte and I.

I was wondering does anyone know who might have any use for a Black Dog Head halter. It's a SMALL size one. I have had it sitting in the dog leads collars etc shelf for years and clearly will not be using it ever. You can have it FREE or should i donate to rescue?

I was wondering if Bronte has had flax seed oil? (probably as we seem to try these things early on) I have skin problems and it helps relieve the itch !!

Go Bliss, really like that Rotty girl !!!!

Edited by ausledwp