Charlie Update

W Sibs

Just want to give you all a quick update on how Charlie is doing.

Charlie is doing awesome... although xrays says that he isn't doing better... whatever he has, it's slowly spreading to his right hip :laugh:

But, that hasn't discourage my little fella. Lately, he has been running around more... he is back on his 2x 20 minutes walks a day. His energy level is going back to where they use to be :laugh: He is starting to look muscular and stronger again... also, he started doing ZOOMIES again. When he first did it, I was home sick and at first, I was worried, but I saw the joy in his eyes and the cheesy grin he has when he is totally happy, that I nearly cried but I gathered all my energy and I joined him in his zoomies and we had a little wrestle... it was awesome!! (afterward, Charlie and I did have a long nap on the living room floor together!)

He did zoomies in the backyard with the boyfriend yesterday afternoon, while he was "helping" the boyfriend with some gardening (Charlie is an awesome weed puller!). He found an old tennis ball and started to play and do zoomies with it.

Life is still very uncertain with Charlie though... so it's still a "live day by day" with Charlie.

I was wondering how your boy was doing.

If he's happy, that's what matters. Many a dog has had a better quality of life than its x-rays suggest it should have.

I hope he continues to enjoy himself. :laugh:

Thanks!

We are just living day by day to the fullest with Charlie... he is on a good diet, has plenty of exercise, we are constantly challenging him and his brain of his and we go on adventures together... so it's all good :laugh:

Oh thats good to hear, hope things will be ok for Charlie as much as it can be .. thinking of u both *hugs*

Thanks!

How's your little one going? Feeling better?

Thanks for asking :laugh:

Yeah still very sleepy (but that could be the meds she's on atm too for it), but she's defiantly on the mend! Even took them both out for a little drive yesterday :laugh:

I was wondering how your boy was doing.

If he's happy, that's what matters. Many a dog has had a better quality of life than its x-rays suggest it should have.

I hope he continues to enjoy himself. :laugh:

Thanks!

We are just living day by day to the fullest with Charlie... he is on a good diet, has plenty of exercise, we are constantly challenging him and his brain of his and we go on adventures together... so it's all good :laugh:

And what more could he want :laugh:

Yeah still very sleepy (but that could be the meds she's on atm too for it), but she's defiantly on the mend! Even took them both out for a little drive yesterday :laugh:

Oh that's great :laugh:

Hope that she is off her meds soon.

And what more could he want :laugh:

:laugh:

I have no idea... this dog has a very sweet life as it is!

It makes me think when it was really bad, people were suggesting that I should put Charlie to sleep... it will be the kindest thing for me to do for Charlie. He was in a lot of pain and his bad days were bad.

Now, few months later... he is doing so well. If I did put him down... I will be missing out on how he is now. that would of suck.

He is a real fighter, has so much spirit and full of attitude... I kiss my lucky stars every morning when I see my little fella stick his head up to check if I'm awake or not. If I'm not, he goes back to sleep and if I am... I get a cheesy grin and then morning snuggles together.

Dogs can teach us so much, can't they? In our human world that is filled with so many responsibilities, chores, commitments, pressures etc. we tend to forget about the "each day to its fullest", yet so simply can dogs remind us of the beauty in life that surrounds us if only we would take notice of the 'small' things. Take time to smell the roses, in other words and enjoy the simple things in life, like a leaf blowing, and just rejoice in good company.

Good on you Charlie. You sound like you are a dog that was sent to this world with a mission to accomplish and it seems to me that you are doing just that, and doing it well :laugh:.

May miracles be on your side and prove all the scientific stats wrong. For a long time to come :laugh:.

Edited by Erny

Thanks for the update on Charlie CW.

It is so lovely to hear he is full of energy, returning to his former self and coping well. I am so glad he is happy and you guys have a terrific attitude about his life. :laugh:

It's so awesome to see!

Dogs can teach us so much, can't they? In our human world that is filled with so many responsibilities, chores, commitments, pressures etc. we tend to forget about the "each day to its fullest", yet so simply can dogs remind us of the beauty in life that surrounds us if only we would take notice of the 'small' things. Take time to smell the roses, in other words and enjoy the simple things in life, like a leaf blowing, and just rejoice in good company.

Good on you Charlie. You sound like you are a dog that was sent to this world with a mission to accomplish and it seems to me that you are doing just that, and doing it well :laugh:.

May miracles be on your side and prove all the scientific stats wrong. For a long time to come :laugh:.

Thank you Erny!

So true... Charlie has taught me so much!! To be less selfish, to be more confident and that the simple things in life bring more joy then I thought possible.

I've always believe that Charlie is a god sent. He has never been a normal puppy. He did come into my life when I needed him the most and he has made it so much better. Even through our darkest hours, he has always been a light :laugh:

Edited by charleswentworth