Stolen German Shepherd Puppy

j

It doesn't mater which country the R$PCA is in because are all the bloody same. :):(:)

No. ACT RSPCA is not 'the same'.

Such generalisations are much more likely to damage the local scene here than to help.

I repeat, no BSL here. No breed bias in the RSPCA. An RSPCA that rehomes APBT. And that certainly rehomes GSD.

One place in the country that it isn't a problem, and people that don't live here still can't leave it alone. :rofl:

R$PCA Australia is the Governing body and control the states yes ? Well what they say goes isn't this right ?

I didn't mention BSL, but it was the R$PCA who screamed and whinged to the Federal Government and anyother fool who would listen that we need BSL as it will stop dog attacts. :rofl::rofl:

The R$PCA does not rehome Pitbulls, they kill them and any other breed they don't like. :D Go to their web site and look under dangerous dog policy. They even claim pitbulls are not suitable as pets, this coming from an organization who wouldn't know one end of the dog from the other. :wave::rofl:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In some states they allegedly get turned into fertilizer. :rofl:

Really? I have heard some pretty awful things about the rspca here but I didn't know this. Please tell me what brand of fertiliser so I make sure never to buy it.

Edited by Kirislin

Really? I have heard some pretty awful things about the rspca here but I didn't know this. Please tell me what brand of fertiliser so I make sure never to buy it.

A dog that gets put down ends up as fertiliser if they are buried, or if their ashes are scattered. Think about it.

Souff

A dog that gets put down ends up as fertiliser if they are buried, or if their ashes are scattered. Think about it.

Souff

we all end up as fertiliser, you think about it.

VIC RSPCA does what they can to help shepherds, working with the GSDCV and other groups. In fact many of the employees will put people onto the GSDCV instead of allowing them to surrender the dogs so that the dogs have a better chance at finding the right home.

I hope this little pup is safe and well wherever he is

Souff

we all end up as fertiliser, you think about it.

Not all of us. I plan on being bronzed!

It doesn't mater which country the R$PCA is in because are all the bloody same. :):(:)

No. ACT RSPCA is not 'the same'.

Such generalisations are much more likely to damage the local scene here than to help.

I repeat, no BSL here. No breed bias in the RSPCA. An RSPCA that rehomes APBT. And that certainly rehomes GSD.

One place in the country that it isn't a problem, and people that don't live here still can't leave it alone. :rofl:

R$PCA Australia is the Governing body and control the states yes ? Well what they say goes isn't this right ?

I didn't mention BSL, but it was the R$PCA who screamed and whinged to the Federal Government and anyother fool who would listen that we need BSL as it will stop dog attacts. :rofl::rofl:

The R$PCA does not rehome Pitbulls, they kill them and any other breed they don't like. :D Go to their web site and look under dangerous dog policy. They even claim pitbulls are not suitable as pets, this coming from an organization who wouldn't know one end of the dog from the other. :wave::rofl:

In which case, RSPCA ACT are well and truly acting outside the Charter. Or perhaps, they have some autonomy, as they certainly do rehome Bull breeds, shepherds and any other dog that crosses their step.

Have a look at Stewie, currently listed on their site - a Pit Bull Cross http://www.adoptapet.com.au/animal/animalD...&statusID=3

It's very sad that some people behave about the RSPCA just as the anti pitbull people in society do. They will not be convinced of anything outside of their opinion, and will use anything to try and support their cause.

It's very easy to sit on backsides and point fingers, how about opening minds and finding out genuine information for yourself instead of believing whatever you're fed.

RSPCA ACT do rehome pitbulls, as do DAS pound in ACT. RSPCA ACT also rehomes Greyounds as well. All dogs are individuals and are treated as such.

I didn't mention BSL, but it was the R$PCA who screamed and whinged to the Federal Government and anyother fool who would listen that we need BSL as it will stop dog attacts. :D :)

The R$PCA does not rehome Pitbulls, they kill them and any other breed they don't like. :rofl: Go to their web site and look under dangerous dog policy. They even claim pitbulls are not suitable as pets, this coming from an organization who wouldn't know one end of the dog from the other. :(:)

No actually you are quite wrong. There is a national organisation and separate individual State bodies that are affiliated to the national group. While there are some broad overarching policies - things like the Five Freedoms, each State org set its own shelter management policies. There are very often GSDs, Amstaff, SBTs, or more likely their crosses, available in Qld. Hell, there are some Bull Arab puppies at the Fairfield shelter at the moment.

As far as APBTs being euthanised goes, if the ACT govt hasn't made laws that forbid the sale/transfer of ownership of APBTs there is no reason that the RSPCA cannot rehome them. If the State an RSPCA operates in has laws relating to APBTs, and the other restricted breeds as defined by the Australian Government, then RSPCA shelters in those states must comply with said laws.

The RSPCA National org, and some state orgs, may well be complicit in the introduction of BSL in Australia - I don't know the history well enough and I'm not going to get into it. But what people don't seem to understand is that the RSPCA is an organisation made up of people - it isn't a multi-tentacled sentient organism. Some people in the org are crap and are only interested in their own agenda - same as in any organisation.

As people in the organisation change so will the philosophy of the organisation shift - and everyone with an interest in animal welfare can influence how it shifts! The Qld and national bodies have come out in recent times to acknowledge that BSL doesn't reduce dog attacks and that the focus should be on 'deed not breed'. Maybe its time to get over the past and start working with and encouraging those orgs that are trying to move away from old attitudes that have been proven wrong. Just because Dr Worthless still mouths off about things, doesn't mean he represents the views of each state or territory RSPCA.

Ok, off soapbox.

Wrong. A complete oversimplification of the governance structure.

The R$PCA does not rehome Pitbulls, they kill them and any other breed they don't like. :rofl: Go to their web site and look under dangerous dog policy.

Wrong. Not in the ACT. Go to their website to view the current APBT cross up for adoption.

Everyone who lives in the ACT is telling you your statements about the RSPCA here are completely wrong. Why wouldn't you believe us, unless your predjudice is beyond all reason and fact?

Edited by Diva

The R$PCA does not rehome Pitbulls, they kill them and any other breed they don't like. :laugh:

For pity's sake - the CEO of RSPCA ACT OWNS a Pitbull.

I think her name is Daisy. :rofl:

Before condemning the organisation in its entirety, I strongly recommend people do some research. An understanding of how the States and the National organisation work is useful.

Next thing will be people referring to Dr Wirth as the National President. He hasn't been that in years.

Edited by poodlefan

Everyone who lives in the ACT is telling you your statements about the RSPCA here are completely wrong. Why wouldn't you believe us, unless your predjudice is beyond all reason and fact?

Unfortunately, where the RSPCA is concerned, there are many on DOL who are unable see beyond their own prejudice. True, many have had poor (and sometimes truely awful) experiences with individual staff and vollies, but it seems that those experiences are taken by many as representative of the org as a whole.

The R$PCA does not rehome Pitbulls, they kill them and any other breed they don't like. :laugh:

The CEO of RSPCA ACT OWNS a Pitbull.

Owns one, publicly states he owns one, has his photo taken with it for the media.

But any fact like that, that doesn't buy into the 'RSPCA as Demon entity' gospel, won't be welcome here pf. Apparently the Canberra residents like us are making it all up and those who don't live here know better :rofl:

Next thing will be people referring to Dr Wirth as the National President. He hasn't been that in years.

And the ACT CEO has openly spoken out in opposition to some of Dr Wirth's recent public statements as well. :laugh:

And the ACT CEO has openly spoken out in opposition to some of Dr Wirth's recent public statements as well. :laugh:

Yep.

I'm not saying the RSPCA ACT are saints. But they just don't have the breed related issues people talk about from elsewhere. And they take good care of the animals at the shelter.

The little GSD puppy was safe there. The people who stole it are common criminals, nothing else.

God knows where the little mite ended up but I hope they get him back.

Edited by Diva

I don't live in Canberra and i still know that RSPCA ACt is probably one of if not the best RSPCA branch in Australia. I have heard Michael Linke speak and was seriously impressed. I have met staff from the RSPCA who attended seminars of ours and found them to be terrific- they have some great programs in place there already too. I can speak highly of RSPCA Albury as well- they are NOT all the same.

I'm sure there is more work to be done but the disparaging comments here are WAY off the mark.

I can't read it, the font is tiny and blurred.

Whatever it is supposed to be, there is a pit bull up for adoption at RSPCA ACT now. What better proof could there be than that? He wouldn't be there if they don't rehome them.

Edited by Diva