Adelaide Autumn International

Gottalovealab

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shall be there with a couple of Labs this year, so who else??

Oh, are you going Gotta?

I was thinking I would go, but if you are heading along...... :provoke:

I will bring my new pup to meet you :)

You had better otherwise you will make me sad.

I can't guarantee puppy will be leaving with you though..... A Rotten one I hope???

Oh, are you going Gotta?

I was thinking I would go, but if you are heading along...... :rofl:

I will bring my new pup to meet you :laugh:

You had better otherwise you will make me sad.

I can't guarantee puppy will be leaving with you though..... A Rotten one I hope???

Nope, different breed. Has two legs :laugh:

To make sure you see some in the ring I wouldn't get there much past 9am, however in saying that they do have Cavs and Chis before them, which can take forever! It really depends on how many dogs are in of each breed as to when the Cresteds will go in.

There were a few entered at Gawler the weekend just gone so there may be some entered down at Autumn Inter. :laugh: I hope you get to see some!

I am getting excited now! :laugh:

ETA: Kempe the canteen will be in operation like usual and the Autum International usually attracts some other food stalls too. :laugh: BCs will be on early in the day too.

Edited by Lyndsay

ETA: Kempe the canteen will be in operation like usual and the Autum International usually attracts some other food stalls too. :laugh: BCs will be on early in the day too.

Thanks, I better get there early, have breakfast, see the BC's and stay for the day :laugh:

This is going to make the workweek go in soooo much quicker

There will be a duck herding trial out at DogsSA on the Sunday (which I presume is where the Adelaide International is being held) so if you go Sunday Kempe you can watch some BCs and a few others in action.

Only info online that I know about is http://dogssa.com.au/documents/Autumn_Int_2010.pdf which is the schedule and http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?e...2004&ref=ts which is the facebook page.

I haven't heard of any rules re taking pictures at dog shows, but some people may be funny about it if you put pictures online without their permission, especially if the dog looks crap in the picture.

I have my Aussie Shepherd in and if you would like to take pics of her you are more than welcome! :laugh: Same with the Irish. Our Border Terrier will also be out on one of the days for Earthdog.

lol.. I've had a look at the links you posted and they've got a designated photographer for the event so I don't think they'd be too happy about someone else coming along with the same purpose. It also looks like you can only go as a guest of an entrant if you're not actually showing. I shall give it a miss and keep my eyes open for some other opportunities. Thanks for your help anyway Lyndsay. :cheer:

I'm sure that's not the case, otherwise why do people send those interesting in a puppy to dog shows to check the different breeds out. :( Other years the Autumn Inter has been no different to normal shows as to who can and can't come. It's simply a bigger show than most. If you want to come along, do so. I don't know how official the facebook page is.

It is a great chance to meet lots of breeders and dogs as it is such a large show.

My OH usually takes his camera and takes shots of (mostly) our dogs. If he sees another dog he thinks looks good he will take a shot, although never puts them online or shares them.

When i aksed some time ago about people taking photos of the dogs, It is ok to take them while in the ring as they are on "public display"

Ingrid and Mark are the disginated Photographers for the weekend - and both do are great at what they do :thumbsup:

But if you are looking to take some photos for fun (and not sell them) then i dont think there is a problem?? I take photos at shows all the time of my dogs.

Edited by Zensu

I would agree the Autumn International is no different to any other dog show. Justice Shades if you wanted to try some action shots there will be duck herding down the back on Sunday and I am sure the herding people aren't going to be as fussy as some of the show people about people taking photos. But I wouldn't be put off. I have gone out to dog shows and practiced taking photos before.