Does Your Oh Allow Your Dog/s To Sleep On The Bed?

Abigail

I'm the one in our house that tries to keep the no dogs on the bed rule. It's not really a rule so much as a loose standard that can be stretched and bent into all sorts of accommadating shapes.

I'm still winning out, just. Erik is shaping us, though. He is constantly stretching those bed rules, finding the weaknesses and pushing the limits. :laugh: He sneaks up for a cuddle with OH when I'm asleep and I never know about it until OH taunts me with it long after the fact. One day we'll get a Basenji and it will all be over. My long struggle will come to an abrupt end in the face of a willful dog with a strong motivation to find a soft and warm place to sleep with company.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When dogs are clean I don't mind but OH hates dogs on the bed.Ussually during winter they get to sneak on a little bit as he is a heavy sleeper.

The Tonkinese cat, Princess Lily rules supreme in our household though and camps where ever she wants which is 99 per cent on the time sleeping on someone's chest in bed.If I'm awake at her bedtime then she sleeps on daughter's chest but ussually its mine, (great pillows I reckon) and most mornings I open my eyes to her beautiful green ones which promptly reminds me its brecky.

When I stay at parents, Dragon sleeps at thed foot of my bed and Aussie camps in the laundry with the other cavs and one dashound.

Guest belgian.blue

No OH for me to worry about so dog on the bed. She doesn't spent the night on the bed, she has her bed on the floor and will stay there all night .. well most of the time. But always cuddles in the morning before we have to get up.

I'm still in two minds about what to do when the second dog arrives. Can't have one allowed up and the other not .. guess we will play it by ear when he arrives!

Our dog shares the bed, even though she has her own perfectly good one next to us. She loves getting under the covers, and her head shares the pillow between me and hubby. Sometimes I find it quite funny, just watching her sleeping like a hairy human. She does take up a lot of the bed at times, and then twists and sleeps on her back with her legs in the air..... before flopping them down on top of my head. I would probably prefer she spent a little more time in her own bed, but all in all, she's super adorable and we love our snuggles and cuddles too much for me to ever want to miss out on it all together.

I have taken to putting a single sheet across the top part of the bed over our usual bottom sheet. This way I can just grab the single top sheet and wash that every second day or so without having to do a total change of queen size bed linen. It is amazing how much hair travels down all these layers into the mattress though, and I too, regularly vacuum the mattress.

No OH, dog sleeps on bed. As she's incontinent, I have waterproof blankets btw her and the doona, then an old doona cover on top of the wp blankets to make it a bit softer. Her incontinence has gotten worse lately, so she now wears pants as well. We're trying to treat.

Before OH passed away, and we had our daccy girl, she slept under the blankets near our feet. Not sure how she breathed down there actually. She didn't move during cuddle time either.

When I brought our puppy home last July no-one knew he was coming - including my husband. The reason is because i knew that we would never agree to having a dog (we'd always been cat people and I was actually scared of dogs). So I brought this fluffy thing home and everyone was mad - but I knew that "fluffy cuteness" would win out and I was right.

So the dog does jump on our bed and sleep on our bed, but only until I turn out my bedside light - then he just jumps off the bed and sleeps in his soft bed on the other side of the room. When I turned out the light initially I would say "off" and then put him down off the bed. Now all I have to do is turn off the light and he just gets up and jumps off - husband is VERY VERY impressed...

regards Jenn

:thumbsup::laugh: Mine do not go on the bed, mostly......there would be no space for us, with such huge dogs. But when my hubby has to go away for work, my newfie girl Annabelle often takes up his side of the bed. And if we have our sleep in on Sundays, all three scramble up to just have that little lie on the bed thing. I think it is just to get us up for breakfast :eek:

I think it is a very personal thing. Our sleep in our bedroom if they want to , but we also have the doors open to our screened in verandah and often they end up there on the cool concrete. In Winter they use their beds more which are next to our bed. But my hubby is a very dog orientated person. In our household it is all about the dogs :o

We know, we know - just like ours

In our house the dogs sleep on the lounge room floor when inside, they are NOT allowed on the lounge but do race in on sleep in mornings for a cuddle if one of us gets up and lets them in. But when you have 4 Labs and 3 Pharaohs all at home at once you have to say no. When its just the labs, it ok,

ummm no never in a million years would my OH allow the dogs on the bed! :D

Bert sleeps between us snoring his little head off. sally prefers the couch, but sometimes she sleeps on the floor next to our bed.

post-30693-1271591970_thumb.jpg

post-30693-1271592014_thumb.jpg

post-30693-1271592064_thumb.jpg

Edited by bertandsally

We bought a bigger bed to accommodate our dogs... then the OH left... now there is more room for the dogs... *grin*

I don't think I could sleep without a furry snorehound next to me now...

The fosters have their crates in the bedroom too...

T.

Bedroom is a dog free zone here, cat sleeps on the bottom of the bed, I can't stand being crowded so no dogs on the bed is the rule.

That's actually funny to me b/c I always found the cat more uncomfortable than the dog. They have a habit of curling up in the most awkward places and I get claustrophobic. Much prefer the dog.

When our cats were getting sick (one at a time when getting old) I sometimes relented b/c they wanted so much to be there. Both gone to the bridge now.

Bedroom is a dog free zone here, cat sleeps on the bottom of the bed, I can't stand being crowded so no dogs on the bed is the rule.

That's actually funny to me b/c I always found the cat more uncomfortable than the dog. They have a habit of curling up in the most awkward places and I get claustrophobic. Much prefer the dog.

When our cats were getting sick (one at a time when getting old) I sometimes relented b/c they wanted so much to be there. Both gone to the bridge now.

Cat stays down the bottom :D

Our cats got turfed out of the bedroom at night for this exact reason. I could never quite understand how a 12 inch long Burmese could take up an entire queen size bed. Not only do they take up more bedspace than a dog, they have a nasty habit of stretching their claws in the middle of the night and aiming for the most sensitive body parts.

Timmy was to be outdoors when we weren't home and sleep in his crate in the loungeroom .... we lasted about three days on both rules. :thumbsup:

DSCF2698.jpg

That photo is worth a million bucks, :thumbsup: Thank you for posting it, LDR :D

It was so sweet when OH woke up, he sleepily said "you know I swear I heard a flash go off while I was napping, crazy huh?" ... :thumbsup:

ummm no never in a million years would my OH allow the dogs on the bed! :D

Bert sleeps between us snoring his little head off. sally prefers the couch, but sometimes she sleeps on the floor next to our bed.

Everybody needs a pug for a pillow! :thumbsup: