Charlies Feet Stink!

SeeGee

Pretty self explanitory. Charlies paws stink, even after a bath (one a fortnightish, with aloveen) I have been scrubbing them with a nail brush. They dont look manky, they just smell. he gets a raw diet.

Thanks,

Jacqui

Pretty self explanitory. Charlies paws stink, even after a bath (one a fortnightish, with aloveen) I have been scrubbing them with a nail brush. They dont look manky, they just smell. he gets a raw diet.

Thanks,

Jacqui

What breed/s is Charlie?

Dog's feet are the only part that sweat. As you know- sweat can get smelly when exposed to teh air,and when bacteria do their work :thumbsup:

Does Charlie lick at his feet much?

Instead of a nailbrush- just rinse in clean warm water every night..and DRY gently and thoroughly with a towel.

if he tries to lick- distract him.. as bacteria from his saliva just get straight to work on that lovely sweat :laugh:

if his feet are being licked- or look at all pink/red.. might be an idea to see a vet- there are reactions like that from yeast/fungi/allergies.

Thanks,

Jacqui

What breed/s is Charlie?

He is a beautiful beagle :thumbsup:

My older boy had stinky feet ... I used Malaseb medicated shampoo.

I was told to make up a solution and sit the dogs feet in it for about 10 minutes and then rinse and dry thoroughly ... like I had any chance of the dog staying still for 5 seconds let along 10 minutes.

I ended up wetting his paws, pouring a small amount on his paw (one at a time) and the massaged it in and then rinsed. I only did it twice before the smell was completely gone.

He is a beautiful beagle :(

Apparently he is a stinky Beagle too!!! :thumbsup:

Sorry, no ideas. :mad If he'd been a fluffy I'd have suggested clipping out the underside of his feet.

:rofl: You could always not sniff them I suppose. ;)

:laugh::laugh:

He is a bewdiful stinky beagle then ;)

He sleeps in bed with us, so sometimes its kinda hard not to miss the wiff. Its funny, i swear my feet have smelt similar a few years back but I cant remember why.

RE: Malaseb medicated shampoo.- my next plan of action!

Cheers :(

My Cavalier gets that smell sometimes when her feet get wet walking on the oval in the morning...it sort of smells like corn chips :laugh:

I make sure her feet are clipped and dry them really well. Sometimes I will wash them in Aloveen and then dry them with the hairdryer :thumbsup:

yep the old corn chip smell. i think it means he has a yeast infection. malaseb will fix it up.

my boston has this sometimes

I've been told that dogs secrete something that smells a bit like corn chips between their toes . . . it apparently serves some sort of appeasement function in dog communication. My dog trainer/friend told me this . .. I think she learned it in NDTF classes. I wouldn't bother trying to wash it off . . . just stop smelling your dog's feet if you don't like the smell.

yep the old corn chip smell. i think it means he has a yeast infection. malaseb will fix it up.

my boston has this sometimes

I've been told that dogs secrete something that smells a bit like corn chips between their toes . . . it apparently serves some sort of appeasement function in dog communication. My dog trainer/friend told me this . .. I think she learned it in NDTF classes. I wouldn't bother trying to wash it off . . . just stop smelling your dog's feet if you don't like the smell.

txs for the info, i didnt worry about the smell as she didnt seem bothered with it neither was she excessively licking.

i must be weird but i like the smell

Edited by Jaxx'sBuddy

Anyone else tempted to go give their dogs feet a good sniff? :cheer:

:( All ready did - they smelt like the bone they had for dinner. Gross!!

Moose's do actually have a slight corn chippy smell. It doesn't stink though. Very interesting!

My last Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (RIP) paws smelt like Milk Arrowroot Biscuits and I thought they were so cute...(mind you, it was probably a mixture of sweat and dog pee) :(

My husband made me smell D'Artagnans paws and they smell like Milk Arrowroot Biscuits too :cheer:

Susan