I Just Reported A Pet Shop

HugUrPup

:provoke: I went for a walk with the kids and they begged me to let them go into the large pet shop we were walking past.

I went in and the condition of the kittens was outrageous.

I told them how disgusting they are and that they should be ashamed of themselves.

As soon as I got home I phoned the RSPCA and reported them. They said because one was almost dead, that they were going to try to go there right away to check the situation out before they close at 5:30

I'm furious :laugh:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:mad I went for a walk with the kids and they begged me to let them go into the large pet shop we were walking past.

I told them how disgusting they are and that they should be ashamed of themselves.

As soon as I got home I phoned the RSPCA and reported them. They said because one was almost dead, that they were going to try to go there right away to check the situation out before they close at 5:30

I'm furious :mad

Good for you. I hope the RSPCA gets there.

Poor little kittens. :mad:mad:o ;)

My only concern is that the shop will be doing a frantic clean up and the kittens will have "all been sold" by the time the RSPCA gets there.

Edited by Mother Moocher

They had puppies there too, and the place was packed full of customers, but once I saw the condition of the kittens (one in particular looked dead) I wanted to get the kids out as fast as possible, so I have no idea of the condition on the over priced cross bred dogs.

My only concern is that the shop will be doing a frantic clean up and the kittens will have "all been sold" by the time the RSPCA gets there.

I doubt they would be able to with how busy they were with customers.. they sell reptiles etc too.. the place was crazy.

I worry that they won't get their today and the kittens will be dead by the morning.

Edited by puggerup

Perhaps you can also report them in writing to the Council and your State and Federal representatives.

I have been quoted a reference number at the RSPCA to find out what happens, so if I am not satisfied I will do just that.

Well done reporting them, I hope the RSPCA get there before the kittens suffer much more. As sad as that is if the RSPCA are too late for the kittens the pet shop is now known to them and hopefully they will be keeping a very close watch on the animals in the shop, with any luck closing it down.

;) I went for a walk with the kids and they begged me to let them go into the large pet shop we were walking past.

I'm furious :mad

Good on you for acting quickly !! There is an old saying........ Bad things happen when good people do nothing.....well done on doing something about it. Should be more people like you. :o Cheers.

I think i know the place... They've always got far too many animals in there and the place is always stupidly swarming with puppy and kitten buyers :o They had a litter of "Samoyeds" there about this time last year. They all had blue eyes, but worst of all was their horrible matted fur and dark tear staining centermeters under there eyes... poor puppies ;)

They also occasionally have ferrets - i once saw a family buying two who had never heard of ferrets until they walked in... the 'advice' the worker there had was sooo scarily incorrect... i had to run out before exploding. (i have ferrets... they're not for just 'anybody' trust me!!)

I've seen this from about 3 visits at the place.

Edited by Bindii

Poor animals. Why are some humans so damn idiotic! Makes me so mad. I went to fruit markets last weekend and couldn't walk any further because I heard puppies barking in small cages. What exactly do they think they call themselves.

Glad you reported them. Thank you.

Guest Clover

They wern't Ragolls or Birmans in with Exotics were they & some Moggies? if it the place i am thinking of they were not well 2 weeks ago.

They were Ragdolls in one glass box covered in fleas that it looked like they were selling fleas and some cats somehow snuck in. One of the kittens was just laying there lifeless with fleas crawling all over her face :love: In another glass box was a litter of short haired domestics (not sure if they were given an exotic label) and the kittens were so young they couldn't clean themselves and had dags and poo all over them and matted fur.. and they were SHORT haired and still matted around the bum and belly :laugh: