Puppy Eating Kitten Poop

ridgiedidge

This is totally gross but our 8 week ridgie has started to eat the kittens poop from his litter tray.

I vaguely remember our old ridgie did it when he was a puppy too but can not for the life of me remember how we stopped it or if he just outgrew it?

Have any of you dog & cat owners experienced this & if so any idea how to stop this?

TIA

Lisa

AFAIK As Far As I Know they definatley don't grow out of it. Clean the Poop out of the tray asap, keep Puppy away from litter tray. One of my girls is partial to the odd lamington (poop covered in litter :thumbsup: ) I just make sure the tray is always clean and keep her away from it as much as I can. I wuold prefer not to have litter but my old cat she is 18 and doesn't go outside much anymore so it is a necessity for her. Good luck

In the eyes of a dog, "kitty crunchies" almost deserve a food group of their own!!!!

My lot will find one, no matter where it is hidden or how old it is.

I've had to resort to the old baby gate at the bathroom door trick to keep the K9s out of the bathroom where the litter trays live, otherwise it isn't unheard of to find one of them waiting to catch the forbidden fruit "at the source" and the kitties do NOT like that one little bit. K9 noses tend to be rather cold on the warm bits! :laugh::thumbsup:

LOL @ lamingtons!

I change the litter everyday & if I can I scoop out the 'lamingtons' during the day as well :thumbsup:

Little bugger gets in there first thing in the morning before I get a chance to clean it out.

Will look at the covered trays as the laundry is the access to the backyard. Not handy to close off with 3 dogs & 3 kids!

Hopefully the pup will be too big to fit in there shortly, however having said that I wouldn't put anything past this little smartie pants.

A cheap covered litter tray is those plastic storage boxes (with lid) that you can get ... just cut two holes at the appropriate size in the sides (make sure the edges are rubbed slightly with sandpaper to smooth)