Elbie, Hoover, Dodge & Friends!

I just found this on Youtube :D No excuses for not going to obedience classes now... ;)

That's awesome! I definitely don't get Asti's complete attention like that dog gives his owner!!!

wuffles: that French bull dog obedience video was soooooooo cute. :wave: I wish we had some Frenchies at BDOC.

Elbie's probably happy he hasn't met a Frenchie, they very social and want to play with everyone even if others don't want to play with them.

Oi, come do obedience at Oxley :cry: There's a little dachshund in James' class so a Frenchie will most definitely not be the most out of place dog :D It doesn't seem to be one of the preferred clubs on DOL but it is easily the closest to me and I have no problem with them so I'm really not willing to go driving all over town early on a Sunday morning to some of the others.

What's the name of the Oxley one? I live in Moorooka so Oxley isn't too far away :D Do they do agility too?

What's the name of the Oxley one? I live in Moorooka so Oxley isn't too far away :wave: Do they do agility too?

Hah, I should know this :cry: Something like Dog Obedience Club of Brisbane...Brisbane Dog Obedience Club...some variation on that. They do agility as well but you'd have to ask the details, I'm afraid - I don't know if you need to have completed a certain level of obedience or what. James is too young yet and I'm thinking I might not do agility with him after all.

ETA: If you do a search for "Brisbane Dog Obedience" or something similar, on this forum there's a couple of topics discussing other Brisbane clubs as well, if you wanted more info on what's out there.

Edited by Niques

Wow This thread moves fast!

Going back to catch up!

:wave:

I was wondering why everyone kept saying that until I forgot to log in once and saw that the default # of posts per page is x and I changed mine to be 40 posts per page so I have 'less pages' in total. If that makes sense. :cry:

ETA: Random -

is cute. Edited by koalathebear

I am sooooo bad!!! I have just read 4 pages worth and I have forgotten everything I was going to say!! I can't keep up.

I will have to teach 'Lady Genevieve' how to sit like a lady if she is to participate in KTB's photo shoot!

This party sounds like fun! Genevieve would love to send a present!

I am sorry to hear about Puppy... :o ;) :D I am sure he is having fun on the other side.

I think I have been converted to wanting a black Lab!!! If lab puppies stayed puppies, I would OSSSSSSSOooooooo have one!!! But they just get too big for me! But those puppy pics are devine!

I have had to throw out three of G's toys in the last day!!! She has chewed them into pieces, so I bin them. I am no toy surgeon!!! I can't even sew buttons!!!!!! ;) I plan to pop past the pet shop this weekend and replace them. One of them was her favourite too. I just worry she will choke on some small little piece that she insists on chewing.

Oh, and any dog can do obedience!! You don't have to take it that seriously if you don't want to. I do it to get G out of the house, interaction with other dogs and to mentally wear her out... not so she becomes some great champion. God knows she won't ever be that!!!

Anyway, Little G is snoring on my lap and I am not far behind her. I am sorry I haven't addressed everyone and everything!!!

I am making little videos for rescue dogs. My first one is

. Any thoughts/comments/criticisms are welcome because at the end of the day, I want to maximise the puppy's chance at finding a forever home ... Edited by koalathebear

Damn it, I'm sure I promised myself I'd stop looking at this thread in public - I've got a huge smirk on my face in the middle of the library :D I assume people think I'm a bit insane. And that's ignoring the fact that I neeeeeed to finish this essay and this thread is a terrible, terrible distraction :happydance:

Odin was such a cuddly puppy! When is your Dobe coming home? I've developed a new fondness for Dobermanns. We had a Dobermann join our class one week in Beginners because the rest of her class hadn't showed up - James was completely smitten. Very much in love with her. They're gorgeous dogs.

Hopefully all going well our puppy will be coming home mid December. Not actually born yet :happydance: I already feel like I've been waiting forever!

For Canberrans ... Discount Pet Store in Oatley Court, Belconnen is waaaaaaaay cheaper than other places ... Also, OH hs advised me of the folowing:

- Reject Shop in Belco has no-name brand dog beds (the trampoline kind) for $20-40 which are way cheaper than Pet Barn

- Discount Pet Store has large metal crates at the back of their store. Prices are possibly $100 less than Pet Barn.

- Reject Shop also has some cheap cushioned mats.

OH has announced that we should only shop at Discount Pet Store from now on. They don't sell puppies so they're not an Evil Pet Store.

SammiS: I think I would probably pay for tickets to see Asti doing dog sports. :thumbsup: All the audience would probably implode from the cuteness.

Neither Elbie nor I have ever met a Frenchie ... would love to, though ;)

ETA: We're going to be donating a bunch of dog stuff (puppy food, toys etc) to rescue this weekend in case anyone has any dog stuff that they don't want anymore. We'll probably buy a few bags of dog food etc plus other stuff.

ravenau1: Odin was lovely. Can't wait until you have your new puppy with you so we can see photos :)

Haha! I'm going to take so many photos I may very well break the internet by posting them all :)

I've actually tentatively booked the puppy into www.houndstoothstudio.com.au Alex takes amazing shots, check out the gallery!

Wow This thread moves fast!

Going back to catch up!

:laugh:

I was wondering why everyone kept saying that until I forgot to log in once and saw that the default # of posts per page is x and I changed mine to be 40 posts per page so I have 'less pages' in total. If that makes sense. :laugh:

ETA: Random -

is cute.

Those eyes! I wonder if he survived, poor lil thing.

I am making little videos for rescue dogs. My first one is here. Any thoughts/comments/criticisms are welcome because at the end of the day, I want to maximise the puppy's chance at finding a forever home ...

Awwww... that made me go all melty.

And since this is a photo thread, here are my two full-time cats (I also have two part-time cats who are here 6-9 months of the year) Jinx (curled up) 'Her Manic Majesty' and Tosca (white cravat) 'The Great Grump-A-Lump'

post-34642-1286585540_thumb.jpg

post-34642-1286585556_thumb.jpg

How do you have part time cats?

I was going to ask the same thing :(

I was going to ask the same thing :thumbsup:

Fostering maybe..??

My folks have two cats, Silver and Tiger who are 12 :cheer:, but my folks travel at least 6 months every year (usually closer to 9) and Silver and Tiger move in here while Mum and Dad are gone. So while they're not really my cats they sort of are. So they're my part-time cats :thumbsup: They're just as happy here as at their real home, and I love them as much as I love my own cats.

ETA: We've been doing this for about 7 years, it seems to work well!

post-34642-1286609295_thumb.jpg

Edited by ravenau1

I don't have a cat but my dog seems to think that he's a cat sometimes based on the way he plays. :(

And yes, he's still being a greedy guts - playing with one toy with his paws while holding another one in his mouth. We have no idea why he does this. Sometimes the loop or the rope toy gets looped around his foot and he will hobble around like a dork for a few seconds.

He seriously can keep himself entertained for ages with this game.

And when the new vacuum cleaner arrives, I'll share some photos. :thumbsup:

Edited by koalathebear

I don't have a cat but my dog seems to think that he's a cat sometimes based on the way he plays. :(

And yes, he's still being a greedy guts - playing with one toy with his paws while holding another one in his mouth. We have no idea why he does this. Sometimes the loop or the rope toy gets looped around his foot and he will hobble around like a dork for a few seconds.

He seriously can keep himself entertained for ages with this game.

Also, when the new vacuum cleaner arrives, I'll share some photos.:thumbsup:

Okay, I'll bite. Is this a vacuum cleaner of the Dyson variety- which, although fabulous machines, are not really worthy of pics on their own...ORRRRRRRRRR are you talking about a "vacuum cleaner" of the small, squishy, roly-poly four-legged variety? Hmmmmmmm?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree? :thumbsup:

Is this a vacuum cleaner of the Dyson variety- which, although fabulous machines, are not really worthy of pics on their own...

:laugh:

I have an Aldi vacuum cleaner right now so those Dysons look pretty good to me! :D OH prefers his magical "swiffer" from Canada - magical microfibre cloth thing that picks up all dust and doggy fur ...

:D

Okay, I'll bite. Is this a vacuum cleaner of the Dyson variety- which, although fabulous machines, are not really worthy of pics on their own...ORRRRRRRRRR are you talking about a "vacuum cleaner" of the small, squishy, roly-poly four-legged variety? Hmmmmmmm?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree? :laugh:

LOL. I thought the exact same thing, but you asked it way better than I would have :D :D

By the way I love my Dyson almost as much as my dogs, so it's a fair question.

Edited by wuffles

Is this a vacuum cleaner of the Dyson variety- which, although fabulous machines, are not really worthy of pics on their own...

:(

I have an Aldi vacuum cleaner right now so those Dysons look pretty good to me! :D OH prefers his magical "swiffer" from Canada - magical microfibre cloth thing that picks up all dust and doggy fur ...

:p

Yeah, I'm not convinced :D :laugh:

However, I do have a Dyson- love it. I bought mine last year when The Good Guys had them on sale for $399. I'm still fascinated/completely grossed out by how much dust/hair/stuff the canister thingy contains after vacuuming- even when I vacuum twice a week!

Mars does the same thing, I'm not sure why he does it either.. but it doesn't necessarily have to be a toy, it can be a piece of fluff or grass.. anything for him. If he doesn't have something in his mouth he tends to bite at the ball and run around with it instead of nudging it with his nose or dribbling it between his paws. Take a look on my FB page. :D (I don't have it handy on this laptop to upload.. will do it soon.)

Oooooh everyone seems to have a Dyson, I want one so I will know of this Dyson doggy mixed up love!