Grab Yourself A Bargain

horus

I had the occasion to visit the wonderful establishment that trades under the name of 'Pets Paradise' at Westfield Parramatta today. There is an eleven week old Dalmatian pup for sale and I enquired as to how much she was being sold for. The pups come with their first vaccination, are wormed and the buyer has a vet visit and health check included in the price. PP also give a full 7 day health guarantee. All this for just $1200!! The little girl comes from a litter of 12 and PP had three pups from that litter to sell, two have already been sold and this little girl remains. There were other pure bred pups there as well, all for the same price.

I can only hope that some one who is willing to pay $1200 for a pup is also willing to give those pups a great home.

For the record, Dally Welfare charges well under $400 and that includes C5 vacc, worming, health check by our vet (and veterinary treatment for any ailments that the dog may have come to us with), heartworm test, collar/lead/harness set, lifetime support and DESEXING.

I had the occasion to visit the wonderful establishment that trades under the name of 'Pets Paradise' at Westfield Parramatta today. There is an eleven week old Dalmatian pup for sale and I enquired as to how much she was being sold for. The pups come with their first vaccination, are wormed and the buyer has a vet visit and health check included in the price. PP also give a full 7 day health guarantee. All this for just $1200!! The little girl comes from a litter of 12 and PP had three pups from that litter to sell, two have already been sold and this little girl remains. There were other pure bred pups there as well, all for the same price.

I can only hope that some one who is willing to pay $1200 for a pup is also willing to give those pups a great home.

For the record, Dally Welfare charges well under $400 and that includes C5 vacc, worming, health check by our vet (and veterinary treatment for any ailments that the dog may have come to us with), heartworm test, collar/lead/harness set, lifetime support and DESEXING.

Its very sad that its come to this, when Jo Blow Public can get a quality pup from a reg breeder who will charge less ( or the same) and have a quality papered and health tested dog that the public can buy, very sad indeed, if only the public knew where most came from and what health problems may lie ahead.

:eek:

Edited by Wazzat Xolo

I forgot to add that they also spelt 'Dalmatian' incorrectly. If you are going to charge an absolute fortune at least pretend that you actually know a little about the breed.

We have just rehomed a Koolie/Kelpie Cross which was purchased from a similar establishment for $750 - you can buy a pure working like Koolie or Kelpie for less than half that and get a cross for free from many farmers or they could have got a desexed vaccinated pup from Koolie Rescue for a donation. People never cease to amaze me.

:laugh:

an eleven week old dalmatain. Jeepers. The poor thing will be going insane!

*may or may not be going to Westfield Parramatta tomorrow*

Edited by spotty

um yes horus... yesterday i visited the big smoke....

went to the local pp in the mall.... they love to have me (frankly i am suprised i haven't been kicked out yet!) in a loud voice mention how could they sell a pure bred cross breed....

lots of ooooddles there yesterday spoodles, cavooldle, shitoodle ( :laugh: too) i think every one had oooldles in it's tag....

the only pure animal in there was a rabbit and the kittens...rag dolls poa! i think not. we browsed while the sales lady was on the phone.... and kept talking re the rip and wool pulling...

oh well shame all the customers walked out.

Our local Pets Paradise was selling "purebred" CKCS for $1200 (no papers)

We enquired with a local registered breeder earlier in 2009 who was asking $900 for a dog with papers.

Unfortunately this is not often the case. A friend of mine spent $1800 2 years ago for 2 cocker spaniel x poodles only to grow bored with them and shove them neglected in the backyard. I am now trying to help her get them into rescue.

I went and looked at her today.

She is VERY small for what they are claiming to be an 11week old dalmatian. She does look skinny because she is so tiny. PP say she is the "runt". The staff member said "oh we think she is crossed with a greyhound..." But I think she is pure. They have apparently had the RSPCA in there already to look at her

Either they are lying about her age for whatever reason

OR

There is medically something wrong with her. <<< I think this.

Her price is negotiable :eek: $1200 for a dog they think is crossed with a greyhound.

I forgot to add that they also spelt 'Dalmatian' incorrectly. If you are going to charge an absolute fortune at least pretend that you actually know a little about the breed.

Where I work (vet clinic) it is spelt wrong also. I've brought it to the managers attention and asked for it to be changed. No-one else thinks it's a big deal though. Something so small that I think is an embarrassment to the clinic. :eek:

Up there with a ferret coming up as a "rodent" on our computer system, which they are not at all.

Yesterday we had a byb bring in 6 pups for 1st vaccination. I knew the genders and DOB of the pups, so had made up the vaccination cards prior to her appointment time.

When she saw the cards, she said she doesn't want any info on there, so I had to re-write them all. She insisted there was to be no DOB on the cards, no breed, no breeder contact details at all.

No doubt she was going to lie about their age too. :eek:

Was a bit strange though too that not once the whole time she was their did she physically touch one of the pups :mad

Yesterday we had a byb bring in 6 pups for 1st vaccination. I knew the genders and DOB of the pups, so had made up the vaccination cards prior to her appointment time.

When she saw the cards, she said she doesn't want any info on there, so I had to re-write them all. She insisted there was to be no DOB on the cards, no breed, no breeder contact details at all.

No doubt she was going to lie about their age too. :love:

Was a bit strange though too that not once the whole time she was their did she physically touch one of the pups :love:

It is sad isn't it :hug:

I am not sure how long this dally pup has been there. Even if they did lie about her age, she is still small and weird looking (sorry puppy :thumbsup: ) Dallies are rather chunky babies and her nose was so narrow and her head was small, almost like a whippet.

I had to go to the bank at chatswood the other day which is just across from PP - there were "oodles" everywhere.

They had a japanese spitz x toy poodle. I wasn't even game to go and have a look for fear of losing it at them! :thumbsup:

If they think she is crossed witha greyhound- why are they selling her as a purebred dally?

All about the $$$. But $1200 is just :thumbsup:

They also have Malamutes in there which are clearly crossed with Huskies.

If they think she is crossed witha greyhound- why are they selling her as a purebred dally?

Because Joe Blow sees a spotty dog and says "dalmatian"

My local PP is still selling pregnant guinea pigs...makes me sick to see that sign up on the cage