Delta Society Policy On Raw Feeding

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*snort*

How and where are these dogs shedding pathogens?? That article is as clear as mud. Dogs eat shit and rubbish too - how will they police what dogs eat?

Last lot of therapy dogs I saw were as fat as pigs. If they put one of those anywhere me when I'm in the old folks home, I'd probably give them a lecture!

:):) I wonder who they will announce as their new premium dry food sponsor..

ETA Can't believe even if another animal in the home is fed raw, the dog's not allowed to be a pet partner.. Wonder if they count my turtles being fed raw food? lol

Edited by Cosmolo

What a joke.

They have had a policy, to do with raw feeding, for the at least the last three to four years.

:):) I wonder who they will announce as their new premium dry food sponsor soon..

You must have missed their thanks to their partner - the passionate pet lovers at 'insert dry food sponsor'

Edited by puggy_puggy

I thought it sounded a bit odd but thought that I must be missing something really obvious.

I am not a scientist and am quite prepared to be educated on this. But I did wonder how a dog fed a raw diet can be any more dangerous than one which licks the ground, other animals poop, other animals butts etc etc.

I did notice that their major sponsor is a dry food company. Surely they wouldn't sell out like that though?

Can you spell S-E-L-L-O-U-T!!!? It is outrageous to believe that feeding raw is more dangerous than a dog engaging in normal 'dog' activities. You would need to keep a dog in a bubble to ensure they don't carry bacteria, there are alot worse things dogs do than eat raw food. How do they propose teeth are kept clean? Surely plaque build up in more unhygienic?

Why are so many organisations/ professional individuals selling out lately? Where's the integrity..

:):)

WTF!!!!!!!! So now our three dogs that are fed raw who are acredited Delta pet partners ARE NOT going to be allowed to visit until we revert back to commercial food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I guess so if Delta Society Australia bring in the same policy!

Personally, I would rather feed my dogs BARF than change them to a commercial food just so I could continue with the Pet Partners program... Currently you are allowed to feed them raw provided they are not working in a hospital (and then I think it's only raw chicken they're not allowed to have due to getting positive E. Coli swabs).

Can you spell S-E-L-L-O-U-T!!!? It is outrageous to believe that feeding raw is more dangerous than a dog engaging in normal 'dog' activities. You would need to keep a dog in a bubble to ensure they don't carry bacteria, there are alot worse things dogs do than eat raw food.

Exactly. How ridiculous. It would never have entered my mind that my dog was any more unhygenic because of the RMBs she eats on a regular basis.

I am really struggling with this, only found out this info in the last couple of days. I knew they weren't allowed chicken if they visited a hospital, that I could have dealt with but the whole thing is crazy. I am having the girls assessed later in the year and now to find out they may not be able to have bones and worse still the boys cant have bones or chicken necks and wings either seems rather ridiculous. The raw part of thier diet is probly 30% so to have to change would be a pain in the butt. Not only this but they love thier chicken and they love thier bones. Would I sacrifice something that I think they benefit from and they love, to let them become therapy dogs and for a weekly visit??

It seems really silly that in an instant the dog could pick up something with thier mouth that could be far worse than anything they may pass on from raw food :) :)

Maybe Australia won't go to the lengths that America has gone to??

Edited by tlc

Well hopefully it won't filter through to Australia. The chicken thing is bad enough to have to give up! Gee that sounds like I'm going to miss having chicken :)

Quoted from the webpage -

Delta Society would like to thank our partner - the passionate pet lovers at Purina - for their incredible support!

end quote

Oh My God - what a lot of hog wash!! - I laughed so hard I nearly pee'd :)

I am a barf nazi and will always be - unless they hypnotise me and brainwash me to feed my dog "processed dog poison"

Phooey to Delta Society

I did notice that their major sponsor is a dry food company. Surely they wouldn't sell out like that though?

Ha! As if they wouldn't sell out - that is where the money comes from

& like the old saying goes - money talks and bulls**t walks

this is just walking talking bulls**t

'scuse me but this stuff really gets under my skin

This is going a little bit OT but

I know this food thing is really ridiculous but is there other reasons people are against Delta, I always thought they did good things??

This is going a little bit OT but

I know this food thing is really ridiculous but is there other reasons people are against Delta, I always thought they did good things??

yep, they are very closed minded when it comes any training methods that are not theirs and they infer their method is the only correct method

Edited by Jaxx'sBuddy

What about the therapy dog side of things, apart from the food thing there doesn't seem to be anything else that I have come across that has made me think twice. I know they don't like the dogs in head harnesses (haltis, gentle leaders etc) which doesn't affect me as I don't use them. They do allow easy walk harnesses, and you can use treats.