Who Makes Polar Fleece Snoods?

Gogee

Does anyone know where to get some snoods made out of polar fleece from? I want some to keep my hounds' ears and necks warm on those chilly early morning walks :rofl:

Velcro adjustable around the head and neck ends would be good (preferably not elastic), and to cover most of the neck as well. I have seen some sold on overseas sites, and one in Oz too but it wasn't what I was after.

If I was crafty, I'd whip some up myself...but unfortunately I'm not :laugh:

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

You've probably already seen them but Lucy's came from houndtogs. I just chucked in an order for a snood when I bought her coat a few years ago.

http://www.houndtogs.com/category_s/43.htm

Having used their snood I can recommend it as a good quality snood that stays where it's supposed to and does the job. It's a long way to order something that people could make locally tho'!

You've probably already seen them but Lucy's came from houndtogs. I just chucked in an order for a snood when I bought her coat a few years ago.

http://www.houndtogs.com/category_s/43.htm

Having used their snood I can recommend it as a good quality snood that stays where it's supposed to and does the job. It's a long way to order something that people could make locally tho'!

Thanks SSM, yeah I agree about the local factor :laugh: . The houndtogs snoods were one of the ones I thought looked good but wasn't sure of the sizing....did you go for a medium or a Large?

Cheers

I'd never thought about that before, but my Sessy so needs one of those LOL

I have spare fleece and I shall make one this week

Ooh, if you do would you be willing to post a pic at all? I'd definitely prefer to buy locally than have to order from OS.

a PM is fine :laugh:

Edited by Sighthounder

Thanks SSM, yeah I agree about the local factor :laugh: . The houndtogs snoods were one of the ones I thought looked good but wasn't sure of the sizing....did you go for a medium or a Large?

Just pulled it out of the cupboard and it's a Large. It would fit Indi. I probably wouldn't go a Medium if you decide to go that route.

It doesn't have elastic or velcro on the bottom, just the top where it fits around the head. I always tucked the end in under the coat but it depends a bit what kind of coat they wear I guess.

Thanks SSM, yeah I agree about the local factor :rofl: . The houndtogs snoods were one of the ones I thought looked good but wasn't sure of the sizing....did you go for a medium or a Large?

Just pulled it out of the cupboard and it's a Large. It would fit Indi. I probably wouldn't go a Medium if you decide to go that route.

It doesn't have elastic or velcro on the bottom, just the top where it fits around the head. I always tucked the end in under the coat but it depends a bit what kind of coat they wear I guess.

Cool! thanks for the info SSM. I'm sure it would fit Asha too, as her chunky coconut head is not as svelte as Indi's anyway :laugh:

Does anyone on here make snoods simply for keeping ears out of food? my mums cavs are in desperate need of new snoods, the ones she bought off one of the dogs breeders wernt a very good design and she has been meaning to make up a new one but hasnt bothered, if someone makes them then Im sure she would buy a couple

Ooh, if you do would you be willing to post a pic at all? I'd definitely prefer to buy locally than have to order from OS.

a PM is fine :rofl:

I'm going to have a crack at it this week and I think I shall make a coat that includes one. Should be fun :laugh:

Does anyone on here make snoods simply for keeping ears out of food? my mums cavs are in desperate need of new snoods, the ones she bought off one of the dogs breeders wernt a very good design and she has been meaning to make up a new one but hasnt bothered, if someone makes them then Im sure she would buy a couple

Yes I make Cavalier sized snoods :laugh:

a PM is fine :rofl:

I'm going to have a crack at it this week and I think I shall make a coat that includes one. Should be fun :laugh:

Let me know how they go, I would possibly be interested in 2 x greyhound size ones and 1 x whippet size :o

a PM is fine :o

Let me know how they go, I would possibly be interested in 2 x greyhound size ones and 1 x whippet size :)

You might score a free Greyhound prototype :rofl: you can road test them for me

a PM is fine :o

Let me know how they go, I would possibly be interested in 2 x greyhound size ones and 1 x whippet size :)

You might score a free Greyhound prototype :rofl: you can road test them for me

It would be our pleasure :)

I have made some for my Whippets, although I don't use elastic as they hate their ears left in them. I tuck the bottom bit inside their coats.

I also make my dog coats with extended necks that sit just behind their ears but you could make them longer if you wished. That way they wouldn't get lost.

I have made some for my Whippets, although I don't use elastic as they hate their ears left in them.

I'm curious. If they don't like their ears being in the snoods, what's the point of a snood?

I use mine with their waterproof coats that don't have extended necks. If they did have extended necks they don't stretch and don't bend quite as well as the nice polar fleece ones. Also the snoods dry out very easily. So they get a warm neck and stay dry.

I have made some for my Whippets, although I don't use elastic as they hate their ears left in them. I tuck the bottom bit inside their coats.

I also make my dog coats with extended necks that sit just behind their ears but you could make them longer if you wished. That way they wouldn't get lost.

I have some of Rommi N Lewis's snood and coat creations - she is very smart and my whippies LOVE them! Great for keeping their ears and necks warm. My dogs have a better wardrobe than me! :thumbsup: