Washing The Dogs

leopuppy04

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There is mo way my dogs are ever getting bathed inside my house, and they def don't do cold water so we go to the coin operated dog wash every few weeks. It costs me $10 and I can get both dogs washed, rinsed and deflead for that. Princess Dusty hates it but she stands still for me. In fact they are both really easy to bath and we get it done fast.

Our aim is for a hydrobath for the dog shed later this year though.

Edited by GayleK

My girls are washed in the laundry tub with one of those rubber attachment hose thingies. I then towel dry them while they stand on the washing machine which is covered with a towel, before they are blow dried. :)

I've done exactly as you do for years Ellie but the rubber hose attachment never sat on the laundry tub nozzle properly so have recently started to wash them in the bathtub as the hose fits that nozzle perfectly. Then I wrap them in a towel and take them into the laundry to stand on the washing machine to be dried.

I had a shower head with little rubber like plastic nipple things like the picture molasseslass has - and Adelaide water has killed it inside about three years. So i've got one with no plastic on it now.

For the dog, I fill several buckets up with warm water and wash her on the lawn, and then set up a towel for her to roll on and another to dry her with, along with doggy zoomies around the back yard. So much fun. But no room for that in the bathroom.

Mum used to shower with her dog. And then it would do zoomies in her back yard. But she had an enormous bathroom and someone else paid to clean it.

We use one of those rubber ones in the bath too, the trick is too heat up the bit that goes on the tap in hot water first then it's easy. You can also use one of those hose clamps to clap them in place too.

Us too :)

I bought mine from the supermarket for about $5, looks similar to this:

I have a hydro tub

BUT seeing the only dog with us now is Ryan whippet

we use the inside bath tub with a rubber mat to stop him slipping and the above hose connection :o

In the bath, small amount of warm water in the bottom and a jug.

Yeah - try that with a GSD and a BC - hahaha. Damn long hair and double coats! hehe.

Why do you think I have the dogs I do - I groomed for 15 years! HAir up your nose, in your easrs down your throat. You do however have lots of roughage in your diet.

I generally wash mine in the bath with a shower attachment. I know a friend with GSDs washes hers in the shower! :D

I did use the local DIY hydro bath the other night because Peggie was smelling horrible and I discovered a few gag worthy dags. :(

My 40+kg doberman has showers with me. He loves it and has been doing it forever, though as he's gotten bigger, there's been less room for me. Especially now that it's cold, he's wanting in every day and I have to stop him from washing too often to protect his skin (and so I get a few nice showers lol).

Booster bath for our two! We put a hose connection on the bath and wash them in the back room (the bathroom is too small) because washing both of them in the bath was killing my back.

We like variety here (and then she never knows where the next bath will be)

either

a) outside in the clamshell (hates)

b) in the bath with the bath half full + those cheap shower head things (likes and will actually stay in the bath without being held or restrained)

c) in the shower (+ a bucket) - shower floor is non-slip but I need a proper adjustable thingy like earlier in the thread

She loves being towel dried so no matter when I wash her, she's happy to stay still for me to dry her off mostly before she shakes - and I just hold the towel around her while she does so the mess is actually very minimal.

I have a submersible pump and some poly buckets. Fill the buckets with warm water and can wash the dogs anywhere - the laundry tub, bath tub, back yard etc.

tub_1044.jpg

tub_1040.jpg

The pump has a really long power cord and I turn it on/off by lifting or dropping the weight.

before I started reno's in my bathroom I decided to add a bath and instead of taps I put in a vegie mixer (small shower head usually used in the kitchen with about 1mtr retractable hose) and a shower head with 2mtr hose.