Behaviour Of Staff And Their Dogs At A Pet Store

:rolleyes: Im starting to see why I cant get a job at any petshop/centre I apply at... Im obviously just too smart.

I proably woudlnt go back either...given the quality of the staff. And as for the rushing dog.... what was to stop her from getting "bitchy" at a child? or a person? why just a dog? Id almost be tempted to repost an unregistered dog to the council.. just to be annoying for that. Least she might not keep it in the shop where its dangerous.

:thumbsup: Cudos for your puppehs Cool az a Cucumber attitude. and... Are labradors surposed to act like that :confused: dumbest question I ever heard. :laugh:

Sounds like you're doing a great job with your pup. And don't let the, 'are you sure that's a lab' comment get to you, people just accept and even expect dogs to be badly behaved. I have a doberman and just the other day, someone asked me what he was whilst they were patting him (and he was being his usual beautiful self I might add), and when I told them, they were like, oh aren't those the vicious dogs? :banghead:

And how can they not, when the people who're supposed to know something, Eg. The staff at a pet store. Have a on heat dog that tries to rush at other dogs.

Same! I'm wondering if it's one of the two I avoid

Wondering now too Clyde?

The one that is half way between your place and mine?

Can you PM me the name of the sore Lovemesideways? I know you are not far from me.

I would not go back there either, staff should not be creating uncomfortable situations for their customers. I quite often take Winnie to work but for one she is behind a locked counter area and she absolutely loves everybody. The only time she comes out to mingle with other customers dogs is if the customer asks :banghead: If she even so much as growled at someone she would no longer be allowed at work full stop.. I actually have customers come in now just to see Winnie :thumbsup:

Now I absolutely must know where you work so I can come in for no other reason than to snoggle your dog.

Of course I'll buy something, but the main reason is that sweet lil *makes baby talk noises* in your pic

I have PMed everyone that asked :)

I would not go back there either, staff should not be creating uncomfortable situations for their customers. I quite often take Winnie to work but for one she is behind a locked counter area and she absolutely loves everybody. The only time she comes out to mingle with other customers dogs is if the customer asks :) If she even so much as growled at someone she would no longer be allowed at work full stop.. I actually have customers come in now just to see Winnie :laugh:

Now I absolutely must know where you work so I can come in for no other reason than to snoggle your dog.

Of course I'll buy something, but the main reason is that sweet lil *makes baby talk noises* in your pic

:laugh: I would do the same if it wasn't a different state. *coo's at picture* shes so cuute.

I went into a pet store with my Rottweiler once and was asked if I had control over my dangerous dog because there were small dogs around. lol.

The pet shop I go to now is excellent, I haven't even checked prices at other places because I'm so happy with the level of customer service.

:p Im starting to see why I cant get a job at any petshop/centre I apply at... Im obviously just too smart.

I proably woudlnt go back either...given the quality of the staff. And as for the rushing dog.... what was to stop her from getting "bitchy" at a child? or a person? why just a dog? Id almost be tempted to repost an unregistered dog to the council.. just to be annoying for that. Least she might not keep it in the shop where its dangerous.

:D Cudos for your puppehs Cool az a Cucumber attitude. and... Are labradors surposed to act like that :laugh: dumbest question I ever heard. :rofl:

Sounds like you're doing a great job with your pup. And don't let the, 'are you sure that's a lab' comment get to you, people just accept and even expect dogs to be badly behaved. I have a doberman and just the other day, someone asked me what he was whilst they were patting him (and he was being his usual beautiful self I might add), and when I told them, they were like, oh aren't those the vicious dogs? :p

Have heard that more than once myself. My general answer to them while they were being throughly loved and smooched was "Well has she taken your arm off yrt" General answer was well no she hasn't.

I would complain to a higher up person. To have an aggressive dog in a store is idiocy and they are liable to be sued if a problem arises, having a bitch out in season is just as stupid. Not to mention that they are promoting dodgy breeding practices. If I was was closer Dogmad I would be your wingman.

And you know what horrifies me more than anything ..... these are the people that customers go to for advice :D

Edited by Rommi n Lewis

:D Im starting to see why I cant get a job at any petshop/centre I apply at... Im obviously just too smart.

:thumbsup: Cudos for your puppehs Cool az a Cucumber attitude. and... Are labradors surposed to act like that :) dumbest question I ever heard. :rofl:

Sounds like you're doing a great job with your pup. And don't let the, 'are you sure that's a lab' comment get to you, people just accept and even expect dogs to be badly behaved. I have a doberman and just the other day, someone asked me what he was whilst they were patting him (and he was being his usual beautiful self I might add), and when I told them, they were like, oh aren't those the vicious dogs? :laugh:

Have heard that more than once myself. My general answer to them while they were being throughly loved and smooched was "Well has she taken your arm off yrt" General answer was well no she hasn't.

I would complain to a higher up person. To have an aggressive dog in a store is idiocy and they are liable to be sued if a problem arises, having a bitch out in season is just as stupid. Not to mention that they are promoting dodgy breeding practices. If I was was closer Dogmad I would be your wingman.

And you know what horrifies me more than anything ..... these are the people that customers go to for advice :mad

Exactly!! Its just promoting backyard breeding to the people who don't know any better and are actually looking to learn! :rofl:

Im starting to see why I cant get a job at any petshop/centre I apply at... Im obviously just too smart.

Cudos for your puppehs Cool az a Cucumber attitude. and... Are labradors surposed to act like that dumbest question I ever heard.

Yup - move to Melbourne and knock on our door, you might get a different response. :thumbsup:

We encourage our customers to bring their dogs in. We occasionally have a staff dog in, but they are always confined and would never be permitted to interfere with a client! Actually, we see the dogs as the customers moreso than the human, and have been known to have several Rotties wandering the store checking out the latest treat or toy.

At the same time, all our staff keep a close eye on visitors to make sure there are no little disagreements - not everyone brings in a friendly dog or keeps control - so that is our job for the duration of the visit.

To have a bitch in season in the store is simply wrong, for her mostly, but also for any poor male that comes in. Or, maybe that is the intention of the owner... some new designer brand?

Phillipa

4 Paws & More Pet Supplies

Im starting to see why I cant get a job at any petshop/centre I apply at... Im obviously just too smart.

Cudos for your puppehs Cool az a Cucumber attitude. and... Are labradors surposed to act like that dumbest question I ever heard.

Yup - move to Melbourne and knock on our door, you might get a different response. :laugh:

We encourage our customers to bring their dogs in. We occasionally have a staff dog in, but they are always confined and would never be permitted to interfere with a client! Actually, we see the dogs as the customers moreso than the human, and have been known to have several Rotties wandering the store checking out the latest treat or toy.

At the same time, all our staff keep a close eye on visitors to make sure there are no little disagreements - not everyone brings in a friendly dog or keeps control - so that is our job for the duration of the visit.

To have a bitch in season in the store is simply wrong, for her mostly, but also for any poor male that comes in. Or, maybe that is the intention of the owner... some new designer brand?

Phillipa

Why are all the great pet stores far away from me :thumbsup:

I'd be complaining... but i was raised to complain, my dad is a prolific letter writer! :thumbsup:

Make your grievances known to management, or further up the totem pole if they're a chain, and avoid in the future.

Must say our local is awesome. Knowledgeable, friendly and well stocked.

I'd be complaining... but i was raised to complain, my dad is a prolific letter writer! :laugh:

Make your grievances known to management, or further up the totem pole if they're a chain, and avoid in the future.

Must say our local is awesome. Knowledgeable, friendly and well stocked.

I sent my email complaint today, so will be very interested to see what happens with it. If anything

I would not go back there either, staff should not be creating uncomfortable situations for their customers. I quite often take Winnie to work but for one she is behind a locked counter area and she absolutely loves everybody. The only time she comes out to mingle with other customers dogs is if the customer asks :thumbsup: If she even so much as growled at someone she would no longer be allowed at work full stop.. I actually have customers come in now just to see Winnie :laugh:

:) she loves snoggles .. you do not have to buy anything, do not feel bad lol I am used to people coming in just to see Winnie :laugh:

I have PMed everyone that asked :thumbsup:
I would not go back there either, staff should not be creating uncomfortable situations for their customers. I quite often take Winnie to work but for one she is behind a locked counter area and she absolutely loves everybody. The only time she comes out to mingle with other customers dogs is if the customer asks :thumbsup: If she even so much as growled at someone she would no longer be allowed at work full stop.. I actually have customers come in now just to see Winnie :rofl:

:thumbsup: I would do the same if it wasn't a different state. *coo's at picture* shes so cuute.

Well if your ever in Melbourne :thumbsup:

I went into a pet store with my Rottweiler once and was asked if I had control over my dangerous dog because there were small dogs around. lol.

The pet shop I go to now is excellent, I haven't even checked prices at other places because I'm so happy with the level of customer service.

Yup - move to Melbourne and knock on our door, you might get a different response. :laugh:

Phillipa

This is the pet store I was referring to in my earlier post.

I go to the Keilor Park store. Could not be happier.

Phillipa

This is the pet store I was referring to in my earlier post.

I go to the Keilor Park store. Could not be happier.

:) Thank you.

I would have to say the 4 Paws & More experience is the best and well worth the 75 minute drive one way.

Phillipa, Ian and the girls certainly view the dogs as the customers. There have been several occasions when I have dropped in for something and have been asked where are the dogs? :laugh:

Their range of food (fresh and dry), equipment and bedding is extensive. Their advice and knowledge is fantastic. Their customer service is brilliant to the point that the dogs will drop in front of the counter or behind it and refuse to go home. :thumbsup::rofl:

I have on special occasions, but usually only for a few hours. I went to OH's work with them last weekend for a few hours and they were quite good, but Kivi got so many cuddles that he went into cuddle withdrawal and started whining if he'd been without cuddles for ten minutes.

Anyone know a store like this in the Northern Beaches area of Sydney? :)

I'm going to have to move states... :o

I would have to say the 4 Paws & More experience is the best and well worth the 75 minute drive one way.

Phillipa, Ian and the girls certainly view the dogs as the customers. There have been several occasions when I have dropped in for something and have been asked where are the dogs? :o

Their range of food (fresh and dry), equipment and bedding is extensive. Their advice and knowledge is fantastic. Their customer service is brilliant to the point that the dogs will drop in front of the counter or behind it and refuse to go home. :):)

I'm glad I only live about 5-10 mins away!

:laugh:

I have on special occasions, but usually only for a few hours. I went to OH's work with them last weekend for a few hours and they were quite good, but Kivi got so many cuddles that he went into cuddle withdrawal and started whining if he'd been without cuddles for ten minutes.

Anyone know a store like this in the Northern Beaches area of Sydney? :laugh:

:( No.

I used to go to the one you went to but stopped after a problem with one of the girls there getting aggressive. I dont like their dogs wandering around either. I should be able to take my dog in to try on collars without worrying about employees dogs wandering around. Let me know how you go with the complaint.

Maybe we should open our own :shrug: