• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CaptainCourageous
Group 7

1 Mini Poodle

3 Frenchie

4 Shih Tzu

Puppy - Dane

Think it may have been BIG Dal, RUBIG Mini, ...

Baby Puppy in show... Golden Retriever.

Couldn't stay for BIS so will wait to hear results. It was a good format in that everyone got to watch specials, but oh do tiring, makes for a very long day.

Hi Missmoo,

Group Two Results:

1st: Beddie (Sarah)

2nd: Wire Fox Terrier (Graebrook)

3rd: Staffy (White Boy of Katrinas)

4th: Fox Terrier (Ecirp)

Baby Of Group: JRT - Nikki's (Weisnjac)

Puppy Of Group: Fox Terrier (Graebrook)

Calabrian S'Stakes: Wire Fox Terrier (Rose) - Graebrook)

I'd like to hear how they ran the sweepstakes - how many dogs went through from each group? The prizes were 1 - 10th, with cash for the first 5 placings, what was the value of the prizes?

I heard that the Dachie ST L was BIS

Edited by nynka

I'd have to say, I didn't enjoy how the show was run. Group Specials judged inside, one at a time. Baby first, then Puppy, then Group 1, 2, 3, 4 then Sweepstakes for each group. It dragged the day out forever! Group two was finished about 1.30, group was done about 2.30, I didn't get back in for Baby in Show till about 5pm!

I would have much prefered doing the groups in their own rings as per usual, then moving inside for General Specials. A lot of people feel the same. It wasn't until tonight, when we got home, that I seen that tomorrow will be done the same. If our stuff wasn't still down there, I wouldn't go back.

Great shows, but if the run it like that again, I won't be going.

I'd like to hear how they ran the sweepstakes - how many dogs went through from each group? The prizes were 1 - 10th, with cash for the first 5 placings, what was the value of the prizes?

I heard that the Dachie ST L was BIS

Sweepstakes were judged by their group judge. Most judges shortlisted 4 from each group. Before Baby in Show, all the shortlisted dogs went back in (about 20) the judge went over them, shortlisted again the top 12, then picked her 10 winners.

Group 1 - 7 entered

Group 2 - 9 entered

Group 3 - 11 entered

Group 4 - 13 entered

Group 5 - 7 entered

Group 6 - 23 entered

Group 7 - 14 entered

Hope that made sense!

I missed the breed in the morning as I decided to do the Endurance Test at KCC Park with another dog at the last minute - but after that was done I went up to Bulla for the sweepstakes as I had a dog entered that needs to get in the ring for practice however found that the judge didn't actually judge the dogs for the sweepstakes - no individual examination the dogs just ran around the ring and stacked up - they then chose their favs. Nowhere in the schedule did it say that dogs must be entered in the breed ring to enter the sweeps - therefore they should be judged properly - thought that was very poor. However it was good running inside practice for the dog I had entered.

There were alot of unhappy exhibitors - don't think the entry will be this good again. Most people hate Bulla and doing things like this just compounds that feeling.

TibbieMax got best of breed with Nima and got short listed for final runoff.

Well done Tibbiemax go the Tibbies.

She beat her breeder for BOB and the boy she beat made up his Grand today. :bottom:

Congratulations!