What Is It About Cold Dog Poo....

Whats worse is the ones you miss and spend 2-3 days being rained on they go all gooey like the dog has the runs. Try getting them off the grass without leaving a mess behind. I don't know my dogs seem to have to go poo in the area the kids use. kids have 1/4 of the grass the dogs have the other 3/4 but no we have to poop on the kids bit. lol

What an interesting thread :thumbsup: I think I remember reading something like this a while ago :mad

For me, I prefer warm and soft, because it moulds better in your hand (that is protected by poo bag!) and you have more chance of getting it all in the bag, as opposed to cold and hard where it doesn't mould and half of it falls out when you have a small hand! :D

Oh boy, this could only be normal on a dog fourm ;) :laugh:

I prefer warm unless it's a particularly stinky one. Or if he's pooed on sticks or leaves or something - they are just far too hard to pick up and inevitably some will fall off or a pooey leaf will drop off and you've got to try and grab that as well. Warm poos are a pleasant balance between firm and malleable and are much easier to get in the bag. They're too ungainly to wriggle into the bag when they're cold.

Guest belgian.blue
I prefer warm unless it's a particularly stinky one. Or if he's pooed on sticks or leaves or something - they are just far too hard to pick up and inevitably some will fall off or a pooey leaf will drop off and you've got to try and grab that as well. Warm poos are a pleasant balance between firm and malleable and are much easier to get in the bag. They're too ungainly to wriggle into the bag when they're cold.

Spade/shovel, strong arm and a bag with a big opening.

thats just SOOOOO much more disgusting to pick up than warm poo ...

Gag

Or is it just me? :cry:

I totally agree - mum and I were only talking about this the other day - I would rather a warm one any day over a cold one. :laugh:

Well people round here don't pick up whether it's warm or cold, lazy b-----ds.

It's foul, they leave it all over the oval, some are massive piles. People play sport at weekends there. These people give all of us dog owners a bad name.

There's no excuse, most people are only walking 1 dog for God's sake. The ohter day I was amazed to see a woman with a baby in a papoose on her back, a kid in a stroller and two large Golden Retriver type dogs.

She STILL stopped to pick up their poop, I honestly wouldn't have been surprised if she didn't manage to do it but she did!

Guest belgian.blue
Well people round here don't pick up whether it's warm or cold, lazy b-----ds.

It's foul, they leave it all over the oval, some are massive piles. People play sport at weekends there. These people give all of us dog owners a bad name.

A little off topic but still talking about poo!

I've noticed the ovals [canine dedicated] here in Perth are rather clean of poo, you see the odd one and it tends to look like a SWF poop. Nothing like a big dog pile :cry:

Go Perth!

Nicely sun baked is definitely the way to go.

Frosted frozen ones are even better :laugh:

I have wondered how it goes in snow country, all these crapsicles lying around, then they thaw out and the yard is covered in months old crap all at once.

We had blooming months of snow it seemed this winter (in Scotland) and it just kept snowing so their poos were being covered up before you could find them! It's was pretty gross when it all thawed out and I had weeks and weeks worth of 4 dogs' poo to find and scrape up :heart:

But overall def prefer cold to warm poop :rofl:

If its warm you know YOUR dog did it. :rofl:

Kuma picked the darkest spot on our walk for his early morning crap - it was so dark I could see a thing! I was wildly grabbing - hope I got everything!

But on a cold day, you can carry the little baggy like a hand warmer :thumbsup:

ooohh... so gross!

I always think that if I ever got attached on my walk (random thoughts at 5:30am!) that I'd have a handy weapon of warm mushy dog poo in my hand to bosh in someone's face! Then i'd run like blazes!!!! :rofl:

If its warm you know YOUR dog did it. :D

Kuma picked the darkest spot on our walk for his early morning crap - it was so dark I could see a thing! I was wildly grabbing - hope I got everything!

But on a cold day, you can carry the little baggy like a hand warmer :)

ooohh... so gross!

I always think that if I ever got attached on my walk (random thoughts at 5:30am!) that I'd have a handy weapon of warm mushy dog poo in my hand to bosh in someone's face! Then i'd run like blazes!!!! :love:

:champagne::provoke:

Thats a good thought...

What a fantastic thread!

Personally, I prefer cold, firm stools.

The warm ones - like steaming hot directly fromt he dogs butt almost make me feel like I may as well have stuck my hand up there. It's just a little too fresh for my liking.

I agree with the rain ones too. I was a bit naughty last week and I didn't go out at all in the rain and pick them up so I had a right mission when I did it - they had turned into piles of mush and I had to go round with the hose cleaning all the poo stains.