" Dogs On Show" - Open Day At Erskine Park, N S W

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there at the same time as Nik - get her to give me a call and I'll make my way over to you guys.

Awesome!

I'm going to join a obedience club with Riddick, and your club is roughly 30 minutes away which I wouldn't mind driving :hug:! So hopefully we'll all get along :)!

Anyone else coming and want to meet Riddick and I tomorrow? (though mainly Riddick of course)

lol Ill just go up to all the black lab puppy owners and ask if their pups name is Riddick. lol hopefully bump into you with Indie, Ill be the midget(5ft) Scottish person with the Husky lol...oh and the red nose from the cold lol

Dogs on Show was awesome :laugh:! I had a awesome time, meeting all the DOLers (in my somewhats stalkerish way, jumping on Shell as she passed by "Is that Zero!? :laugh:")

Riddick got much love and ham, so he had a fantastic time, and looking forward to any photos that people may have taken. I was too busy admiring all the dogs to take photos :thumbsup:

Dogs on Show was awesome :laugh:! I had a awesome time, meeting all the DOLers (in my somewhats stalkerish way, jumping on Shell as she passed by "Is that Zero!? :thumbsup:")

Riddick got much love and ham, so he had a fantastic time, and looking forward to any photos that people may have taken. I was too busy admiring all the dogs to take photos :laugh:

I'm just editing them now! :thumbsup: It was great to meet you both! I think the dogs had a great time!

Edited by TerraNik

Dogs on Show was awesome :laugh:! I had a awesome time, meeting all the DOLers (in my somewhats stalkerish way, jumping on Shell as she passed by "Is that Zero!? :thumbsup:")

Riddick got much love and ham, so he had a fantastic time, and looking forward to any photos that people may have taken. I was too busy admiring all the dogs to take photos :laugh:

You say that like it hasn't happened before! :thumbsup:

Strangely enough you weren't the only one today!

I left my camera in the car all day so didn't get any shots - Nik, those are great!!!!

We got there later in the day, but I had a great time cuddling any and all dogs that I was given permission to.

The Sibe down in the far corner from the main gate was gorgeous (I'm sorry I've forgotten his name - but he was a fawn/white? boy) - he was stunning and seemed to think that I was worth giving the once over and letting me have a good cuddle.

The Mastiff boy was divine! I have a rather big sweet spot for the really big cuddly types, and he fit the bill perfectly.

Thank you so much to the lovely Staffordshire breeder with the gorgeous sweet and soft white/brindle girl - your time spent talking and letting me cuddle your girl was very much appreciated. Thank you also for looking at the photo of my rescue foster puppy (Staffordshire pup of indetermined breeding) and giving me compliments on him.

To the Staffordshire breeder whose girl tried to poke my eye out in her mad dash for a pat and kissfest - don't worry about that, OK? The eye is fine, you girl kissed it better perfectly... *grin*

The Cavalier breeder who gave us lots of advice and let us cuddle your lovely girl - you are a star!

I also want to thank the Bearded Collie breeder, the Chihuahua breeder, the Deerhound breeder the Cocker breeder, the sweet ladies with the Visla and the Pointer pups, and the Foxhound breeder - your dogs were all fantastic ambassadors for their breeds, and I had a great time meeting them all...

Oh - and the lady with the Goldie and 2 divine Rotties - your babies were soooo beautiful!

Can anyone tell that I was in heaven for a couple of hours today? hahaha!

T.

DogsNSW needs a HUGE pat on the back for their hard work in promoting our breeds this weekend. The car park was jam packed and a LOT of people went through Erskine Park today. Everyone seemed to have a fantastic time. Our Border Collie breed stand won most popular (thanks General Public for the votes) :thumbsup: I'm thinking a certain little baby Border had a HUGE paw in that happening. Baby Frankie had the time of his life today.

There was something happening in ring 1 all day. What a hard working group of volunteers. Hope tomorrow is as successful as today :laugh:

A big thumbs up to DogsNSW for a wonderful day!

A special thank you to the lovely lady from the CKCS breed club who was so supportive of our work rehabilitating and rehoming some recently surrendered Cavaliers - your support and advice was gratefully accepted. I bought some really pretty snoods for the cavalier kids too!

A fantastic afternoon!

I took my 8.5mth old black lab boy Tana and we had an awesome time :) Was a great day and even though my boy was a handful :rofl: as he was beside himself with his usual over the top excitement with so many dogs and humans around to meet and greet, so I didn't get a chance to stop at a lot of the tents to say hi and introduce ourselves as it was a full-time job navigating our way around all the other dogs that my boy just wanted to sniff and lick :D and say hi to their owners :mad Was a lot of stop start, stop start along the way and he even got to do some tasting of treats at the treat stalls and they got his seal of approval :o - mind you I think any treat would get his seal of approval :p

My main reason for going was to check out the Retrieving Trials and my boy was even given an opportunity to test his retrieval skills to assess his skills and suitability :o , albeit not in the main retrieval paddock and we were given some helpful tips and advice by the wonderful friendly and very welcoming retrieving people there :cheer: We watched their dogs do some awesome retrieves and it was so great to see what happens in Retrieval Trials and to have access to the retrieving people and their wonderful dogs :o We will be getting involved in retrieving as it will be another great avenue to channel the energy and drive that my boy has as well as giving that brain of his something else to do :laugh:

Well done to Dogs NSW for putting on such a great day for the public and both my boy and I got to meet many beautiful dogs along with their owners, some of whom were the general public and others breeders. This is the first time I have been to the Dogs NSW complex and I was very impressed :p

Was a big day for my boy and this is him 5 mins after we got home :laugh:

IMGP0967.jpg

I think I saw several DOLers but didn't talk to any :)

Cole after he got home - dinner then he hasn't bothered to get out of the crate and he only did about 20 minutes proper work all day

DSC00717.jpg

I think I saw several DOLers but didn't talk to any :eek:

Cole after he got home - dinner then he hasn't bothered to get out of the crate and he only did about 20 minutes proper work all day

DSC00717.jpg

I think you did talk to some- the big group with Lapphunds, Kelpie and Sibe early in the day!! :D

It was nice meeting up with you lovemesideways- Abby really seemed to like you and that is a big tick for anyone lol!! And Riddick was gorgeous!!!!

I think I saw several DOLers but didn't talk to any :eek:

DSC00717.jpg

I think you did talk to some- the big group with Lapphunds, Kelpie and Sibe early in the day!! :D

and Keeshond!!! :)

I think I saw several DOLers but didn't talk to any :D

DSC00717.jpg

I think you did talk to some- the big group with Lapphunds, Kelpie and Sibe early in the day!! :)

and Keeshond!!! ;)

Opps :eek:

Indie and I had a great day yesterday. Was fantastic getting to met the beautiful boys Riddick and Tana and their mums. Riddick almost managed to get Indie boy to play with a strange dog, well done Riddick! Thankyou to all the wonderful people there for introducing your dogs to my girls. I had one very tired husky and 2very tired girls when I got home. Was beautiful! All 4kids and the dogs fell into comas for the rest of the evening /night, sweet peace and quiet lol. :eek: