Photo Call For Sydney

Red Fox

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Composing a email, warning them of the implications of promoting designer mutts, if thats what this dog possibly is. I hope I'm wrong and its just some breed I don't know!

It could possibly be a lagotto - how about you check with the owner first as to what the dog is before abusing her? For all you know, she might have gotten it as a rescue/pound dog.

Composing a email, warning them of the implications of promoting designer mutts, if thats what this dog possibly is. I hope I'm wrong and its just some breed I don't know!

It could possibly be a lagotto - how about you check with the owner first as to what the dog is before abusing her? For all you know, she might have gotten it as a rescue/pound dog.

Absolutely. Please don't make pedigree dog owners and breeders look like a bunch of Nazis.

The guy is a designer and has certain things in mind for his photos shoot. Who is anybody to say which crossbreed he uses? As for "flooding" someone's email inbox with anything - isn't that harrassment? Sorry but I just don't think either idea is sensible.

Absolutely. Please don't make pedigree dog owners and breeders look like a bunch of Nazis.

The guy is a designer and has certain things in mind for his photos shoot. Who is anybody to say which crossbreed he uses? As for "flooding" someone's email inbox with anything - isn't that harrassment? Sorry but I just don't think either idea is sensible.

Agreed. If you want to educate people you have to get and keep them on side... Given what they're doing here, I fear the 'flooding' approach is likely to be ineffective.

Just checked the pic and it says she is cav cross poodle :rofl:

:) Doesn't look like it! Hmmm... unless she is a rescue I think these owners got ripped off! I was really hoping she was just an ungroomed poodle...

Wheren't they originally looking for a white standard poodle in a show clip though :laugh:

eta, just had a look at the piccie and have to give the owner credit that she at least named the dog as a cross and not with a stupid DD name

...and is that a Xolo I see backing the purebreeds? :(:laugh:

You are right though. A BIG company like PA could do a lot to raise awareness of BYB and puppy farming.

Edited by SecretKei

Just checked the pic and it says she is cav cross poodle :laugh:

Awesome so nobody's calling her a "Cavoodle" or "Poovalier" so what's the issue? Are pictures not to be taken of innocent cross bed dogs? Would you care if he'd chosen a kelpie X cattle dog?

Wow, way to make pedigree owners look a bit nutso guys. Posting anti-crossbreed stuff on his FB page is taking it a bit too far. As much as the DD craze is infuriating, there's nothing wrong with owning a crossbreed or PA picking one for the photoshoot.

Have to agree - it looks like sour grapes to start with for not being chosen.

Its his and his art directors campaign and they choose whatever bloody dogs they want - be it cross bred or purebred. So what if he ended up choosing breeds not on his original list.

Not everyone has to wave the purebred banner and some people should get off their high horses.

Just checked the pic and it says she is cav cross poodle :thumbsup:

Awesome so nobody's calling her a "Cavoodle" or "Poovalier" so what's the issue? Are pictures not to be taken of innocent cross bed dogs? Would you care if he'd chosen a kelpie X cattle dog?

The issue is that Peter Alexander is a big company. Their catalogues are distributed to hundreds of thousands of people, some of whom will be easily influenced by what they see. "oooohhhhh pink PJ's, must get some" ... "OOOhhhh DD dog, must get one!" And sadly these DD's are a dime a dozen at the local pet shop as the latest 'must have' right now for anyone who wants one :laugh:

I suppose the 'breed' here (cav x poodle) becomes an issue as it's one that is commonly pumped out by PF's and BYB's but then the same could be said about certain purebreeds too... including some that were on the original list.

At the end of the day this dog could be a pound dog or a rescue for all anyone knows and she is certainly a much loved pet. However it will be interesting to see how she (along with the others) are 'marketed' in the catalogue.

And to be honest I (personally) am disappointed that the PA team strayed from the original list. It *was* a brilliant opportunity to promote purebreed dogs... I'd equally have loved to see some advertising done strictly with pound dogs - regardless of breed.

Apparently he wants Portia too!

He's just commented again on a whole heap of photos.

I'm guessing even if all the dogs attended, not all of them would be in the catalogue.

I'm wondering why all the extra dogs needed now? Especially ones that weren't on the breed list to start with.

Edited by pappylove