P E R T H - Trixie's Birthday Bash!

pie

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to bring Lilly to a meet one day but you would all laugh at how little control I have over my 14 year old who ignores me, refuses to aknowledge any command given by me and still slips out of collars. Yet will behave at so much as a sideways look from my dad even though I was the one who walked her by myself every day from ages 10 to 15, fed her, did her nails, groomed her, washed her and was basically her maid. :hug:

She is also night blind, had HD and artritis in all her joints, losing her hearing AND she only likes boy dogs (shes a tart!) yet she still outfoxes me. :hug:

I would love to bring Lilly to a meet one day but you would all laugh at how little control I have over my 14 year old who ignores me, refuses to aknowledge any command given by me and still slips out of collars. Yet will behave at so much as a sideways look from my dad even though I was the one who walked her by myself every day from ages 10 to 15, fed her, did her nails, groomed her, washed her and was basically her maid. :hug:

She is also night blind, had HD and artritis in all her joints, losing her hearing AND she only likes boy dogs (shes a tart!) yet she still outfoxes me. :hug:

Valley if you had to meet my ridgebacks you would be shocked ( no chance of it happening tho as they are back in africa). They both dont listen but Gabby is far naughtier than Vick, at 11 they cant loose lead walk to save their lives or do a recall, the one also hates every dog besides Vicky ( and she sometimes even hates her too)!! Mason is very different to both of them, he has put me off ever owning bitches again even though I know I am at fault as I was not a leader to my other dogs, I did not know any better.

My 16 year old only learnt how to sit in the past year, and even now it still isn't a solidly known command :hug: She has no recall, but she tries... she hears a voice calling, thinks she knows which direction it is being called from and heads in the opposite direction :hug: If she can't locate the human, she follows the scent of Ruby everywhere. She is very quick on her feet when she wants to be, chasing the big girls! She adores the Labs so much, it's hard for her when they're not there, she frets a little at night :hug:

Edited by RubyStar

Tiggy are you coming today??

Did you spy me there :o . I can't I'm going to Araluen for breakfast at 10am. Have fun everyone! :rofl:

Yes I did spy you, thought you were maybe coming online to get the details so that you could come down :rofl:

Have a good breakfast.

Guest RosieFT

I will be coming from the car park :-) .. like Rosie to have a run before we settle down and really not far - if you are not carrying a HUGE cake hey Amy? ;-) Did not realise it was a foodie one and was not sure if i could come until last night - so apologies. Although could duck into the IGA on the way if more is needed???

See you there, Rosie will be thrilled :-) . Now Amy, just so we can coordinate, which coat and lead are the twins wearing today? Should i go the pink? hahahahahahaahahaha ...

Hope you all had a good time at Trixie's birthday party, sorry I couldn't make it but the temptation of puppy cuddles was just too good to pass up. Wasn't just puppy cuddles though, I always learn more about breeding and showing etc talking with this breeder and the friends we went down with and have plenty of laughs as well.