What If I Can't Find Homes For Them?

Pipsal

They're beautiful healthy puppies. You've done a great job with them. :)

I agree. They look like puppies who will make wonderful happy and loyal dogs.

:shhh::mad Can I suggest you clip their nails?

Interesting to see the lighter coloured dogs; I imagine they are a mix of several breeds. Gorgeous.

Keep us informed as to how the moving goes.

All the best.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know someone who helps out at the Sippy Downs place and I think its a no kill shelter.

It is, but would they take the little pups? I think it is worth a try and posted a link earlier in the thread.

OT: I bought a brick a couple of years ago for their new building fund raising :laugh:

I know someone who helps out at the Sippy Downs place and I think its a no kill shelter.

It is, but would they take the little pups? I think it is worth a try and posted a link earlier in the thread.

OT: I bought a brick a couple of years ago for their new building fund raising :laugh:

Ok I ask her what the go is regards pups.

OT: I bought a brick a couple of years ago for their new building fund raising :cry:

Ok I ask her what the go is regards pups.

Yes SCARS on the Sunshine Coast take puppies. You,d have to contact them personally and explain the situation.

Thanks for all the ideas/options. I will contact SCARS and Animal Welfare League on Monday/Tuesday (scars is not open monday's according to website).

Just have to arrange to get them here now....where do I get a crate from? Are they hire-able for a one way trip?

Just lost my reply!

Anyway what I was saying before the gremlins hit is that I live half way between Brissie and the Gold Coast so Pipsal if you'd prefer to make the arrangements with AWL then I would be more than happy to come and pick them up from wherever you are in Bris and drop them to AWL for you. You will probably be tired from your trip and happy to get out of being in a confined space with the crazy things! I don't work wednesdays but can also work half days other days so pretty flexible at this end. I will keep my eye on this thread and PM you my numbers once you make your final decision on how you want to handle all this.

What approx date will you be in Bris?

Some other places along the way that might be able to help(if you have people to help you transport):

Hervey Bay Animal Refuge - Nikenbah

Maryborough Animal Refuge - 4123 1712

RSPCA shelters at Bundaberg, Noosa, Gympie, Dakabin and Fairfield (all accept surrenders)

hope this helps...

Pipsal could you clarify please who you have doing what enquiries? It doesn't help if you have multiple people all trying to organise the same thing. I have already said via our pms I have a voucher for free crate hire from Dogtainers for you but if you don't need it or are making arrangements with others then just let me know and I will use it for my own rescues.

Pipsal could you clarify please who you have doing what enquiries? It doesn't help if you have multiple people all trying to organise the same thing. I have already said via our pms I have a voucher for free crate hire from Dogtainers for you but if you don't need it or are making arrangements with others then just let me know and I will use it for my own rescues.

Sorry if there has been some confusion....to clarify, Ams is the only poster that I have had 'PM' contact with, the rest of my questions and responses are on this thread. Ams has generously offered a voucher for free crate hire, and when I asked if she had any idea what it might cost to use a transport company to transport them that far rather than drive them myself, she generously offered her time to make some enquiries with transport groups on Monday. Maybe I misunderstood, but I was not aware Ams was actually organising anything as we had not discussed specific details, and I was waiting on the information to make a decision on which way to go. Now that I have the name of Dogtainers company, perhaps I should contact them direct so that there is no more confusion, and they can probably answer all of my questions.

As far as I am aware there have been some other generous offers of help for which I am eternally grateful, but no arrangements have been made with anyone else yet as I do not know yet how/if this will pull together, although please correct me if I've misinterpreted your post.

My question re. the crate hire after offer of the voucher was a general one as I am unfamiliar with how it works, and I am considering my options of driving them myself or paying for them to be transported. If I drive them myself, I was wondering if the containers have to be collected from airports or if they are delivered to your door; and if they have to be returned to the start location or if there are multiple ports. I looked up the Dogtainers website after the offer, but could not find the answer to these questions as they only detailed air travel or Dogtainers doing the transporting which is only one of the options I am looking at.

As I have also discussed, if I get them to Brisbane I will try and keep them at my house there for a week or 2 while I am in town so that they are together longer and so that a few people I have that are interested can have a look at them. Any that are not homed after that I will have to hand over to one of the rescue places that people have suggested.

I hope this clears up the confusion?

Finally got the photos up on my FB and have had interest from 1 person already who recently lost her heart dog.

I have added into the comment section that I'd be happy to personally transport a puppy/s back from Bris to Rocky if they can go on the 5th of July because I'll be doing the drive that day. I'll even take my crate with me just in case next weekend.