Arrogant Fool

Guest Willow

Guest Willow

Walking the boys this afternoon, on the footpath, on leads.

Owner approaching on the other side of the road, offlead dog.

Offlead dog wanders across the road & approaches my two dogs, who are reactive, but NOT DA.....the inevtiable scuffle ensues, as I try not to fall over the leads, and untangle my dogs from his. :)

Me: "Can you get your dog please, mine don't like other dogs, she really should be on a lead mate"

Him, uttering the immortal line: "That's ok....as long as yours are on lead it doesn't matter, does it?" :laugh::)

Me: "It's the law"

Him: (walking away, shouting) "GET A LIFE!!!!!"

Dear me.......

See, the thing is, I own a bull breed, so if there were ever any damage caused, it would be another nail in the coffin, even though I was doing the right thing.

Guest Willow

They're fine thanks Mish....I'm just glad I left my baby with her nanna while I went out, it would have been interesting trying to wrestle three dogs and the pram!!!

Hope your doggies are okay :) I can really sympathize with you, I rarely walk my dogs around my area and now if I do I walk them separately because we have lots of tossers around this area who obviously don't know there ARE leash laws :)

When did walking your dog which is supposed to be an enjoyable event become such a hard thing to do these days, I really don't understand how so many people could be so stupid :laugh:

I did actually take mine out today separately and I know I shouldn't be such a biatch but watching the guy who said his dog is perfect without a lead so doesn't ever bring one with him running off the reserve to catch his dog who took off after another dog, just hope he got him before his dog ran across the busy road, never say never comes to mind :)

Guest Willow

Told my OH about it & described the guy....turns out he knows who he is & they have a friend in common......he's quite unhappy the guy was rude to me.

Edited by Willow

You are more polite then I am :cry:

I had my whinge about this in OT the other day. What I really meant to say to the nice lady who's lovely little dog was rushing at mine was "can you please call your dog?" Instead it came out like FOR F*CKS SAKE!! #%$@ *&$% )((&*&!!!!!. Ooops :laugh:

I totally sympathise with you.

We were walking the dogs a few weeks ago on lead in an on lead area. I could see a SWF off lead running along the street with its owner about 15 meters behind it.

Whilst Charche our Stafford plays fine with other dogs there have been 2 occasions he given another dog a serving when they have run up and gotten in his face whilst he is on lead.

I called out the the owner "Can you please call your dog?!'

Owner "Why!?'

Me "Because you have no idea if my dog is friendly and its an on lead area!"

Owner "Well put an f'ing muzzle on it!'

Idiot. The rest of the conversation is not suitable to relay! :laugh:

The dog did run up and get in Charches face and he was fine but still!

Edited by becandcharch

We have a lady in town who has two JRTs. They are dog aggressive and she lives/works at the petrol station. If we walk in that area we have to cross the road as her two will rush at ours barking and getting quite close (close enough for Gracie to get a mouthful of fur one day) and they circle behind the dogs and try and nip them from behind. Poppy is DA (doesn't react to dogs unless they are in her face though) and Gracie does not like other small terriers. The lady also walks them around the town off lead. Makes me soooo angry.

Guest belgian.blue
They're fine thanks Mish....I'm just glad I left my baby with her nanna while I went out, it would have been interesting trying to wrestle three dogs and the pram!!!

I was just thinking that! Glad little miss was at home :laugh:

There are a few dogs that walk off-lead around here, I see them walk past my front verge then the owner following shortly behind.

People are such idiots. I was walking my Aussie and an overweight staffy with a huge studded collar ran up and started barking at us through a fence, he had his hackles up, and was growling. My Aussie started barking too, and the owner came out and yelled at ME to control my ugly mongrel. Atleast I'm not the one who has a dog to look tough? :laugh: I have nothing against any bully breed but, some people just shouldn't own dogs.

Edited by Emilie

Last thing I would be saying is 'please call your dog'.

It would be booted before I actually let it touch my dog let alone stop to speak to a useless owner. 'Git outta it' is first then the foot stamp and 'git outta it' then the charge at it and if it still comes at me (since my dog would be behind me) then aim with the foot. Owner is welcome to come fetch their dog anytime (this is if its obvious dog is not a puppy and is obviously a threat and owner is not dashing over with lead to grab dog). If you break their attention on your dog most dogs will back off to your command unless they truly nasty and human aggressive.

Geez, I hate that with a burning passion :laugh: The one's who let their dogs off leash where they shouldn't, NEVER have any recall either, totally uncontrollable for the most part. I remember a lady a few years ago that got into some serious trouble walking 2 Rotties when an offleash SWF bit one of her Rotties on the leg. All hell cut loose and the lady fell over loosing grip on one of her dogs who bit the SWF with an injury that required to be PTS. The problem was, the Rotty was unrestrained after she fell over when the leash slipped from her hand as she tried to get up and she was held liable for the incident.

It was dropped in the end when a witness came forward to give evidence of what happened. Had the SWF been on leash as should have been, it would still be alive and the incident would have been avoided.

Edited by K9Nev

So, does anyone want to come live in my imaginary dog friendy DOL members only town yet?

Yep :laugh:

People suck!

I feel like walking a panther around some days, just to see if people will think twice about letting their dogs run up to me!

Wouldn't make a difference. There would still be the idiot owner who just wanted to "let their dog say hello".

I had a friend's SWF living with me for the weekend while she was in Sydney, and I knew this dog had what I call "small dog syndrome" and was quite DA from lack of socializing. I was walking her on-lead when she starts barking at a Schnauzer wandering off-lead with its owner and the Schnauzer comes up and starts growling and raising its hackles, and they start to go at it! :laugh:

I was dragging the poor SWF almost in the air with her harness, at the same time trying to get the Schnauzer off with my foot - it was chaos!

I walked her around the edge of the park away from any other animals for the rest of the weekend.

I can't imagine if it was a larger dog breed!

Edited by Hello Gorgeous

Offlead dogs where they shouldn't be really angers me! When I drive past people walking the street with their dogs offlead, and it's an every day occurrence, I feel like winding my window down and shouting "put your ***ing dog on lead!!!!!!!!!" I do say it (to myself!) but haven't got the guts to shout it out my window yet :laugh:

Don't care if I get flamed, but I very rarely walk my dogs. After being bitten by a loose dog walking on my own, and seeing sooooo many idiots walking their dogs offlead, I am just too scared to walk my dogs anymore. It makes me feel terribly anxious to do so now. Instead, my girls get to run at the park when it's empty or I'm with dogs/people I know, and they get training most days of the week which they go crazy for! Just a shame these idiots who insist they are above the law and walk their dogs offlead ruin the simple pleasure of me getting to walk my dogs :rofl:

Edited by RubyStar