Some People Have No Brains

skippy

today when I was driving and waiting for the lights to turn green,I noticed the car in front of me had a little Yorkie,hanging halfway out the window.not just its head,half its body was out the car

it was then I noticed that the dog was hanging out of the drivers window :o it nearly fell out a few times as it was not sitting still,my heart jumped everytime :hug:

what is wrong with some people?

When I was learning to drive a dog actually fell out of a car window in front of me :cry: It was on a 70kph large busy road too. Somehow it didn't get hit, and the driver managed to stop and grab him straight away, but I'd be surprised if he wasn't injured. I was really shaken up by it, especially as I'd only just started driving.

I get super nervous when I see dogs hanging out car windows now, as I have concrete proof it can and does end in tears!!!

People don't think about the danger to both themselves and their poor dogs. Sure your dog likes to sit on your lap and look out the windscreen or hang out the window getting a lovely breeze through its hair but in an accident that poor dog becomes a lethal projectile. Your dog could kill you or your passenger, including itself. That's no way for your buddy to end its days of faithful companionship to you. And it isn't about your own driving skills - lots of stupid people doing even stupider things in cars everyday that cause accidents! It's just not worth the risk.

I was stopped at an intersection last week and a woman was traveling from my left, with her right indicator on, intending to turn into the street I was in, She was talking on her mobile and had a SWF standing on her lap and leaning out the window. Idiot!

It is illegal in NSW to drive with a dog unrestrained in your vehicle and you would most certainly cop a fine for driving with a dog on your lap!

From the RTA website:

Driver to have proper control of a vehicle

A driver must not drive with a person or animal in the driver’s lap. The rider of a motorbike must not ride with an animal on the fuel tank. This does not apply to a person who travels less than 500 metres for the purposes of farming.

PENALTY: Three demerit points (four in a school zone) and a $324 fine ($405 in a school zone).

RULES AROUND ANIMALS

A driver, motorcycle rider, bicycle rider or passenger must not lead an animal,

including by tethering, while the vehicle is moving. Animals should be seated or

housed in appropriate areas.

Some people are purely morons, including the d*ckheads that leave their dogs on the back of utes without protection from the elements and usually without restraint or inappropriate restraints. Seeing a dog break it's neck by falling off the side of a ute and being tied up by a too long rope and collar is not something I ever wish to see again.

I was stopped coming home from the dog park the other day by the police. it was intially for a breath test but they then inspected to make sure the dogs were properly restrained (i.e. not wandering around the backseat having a party).

I see that all the time, dogs with their head hanging out of car windows and it makes me cringe!!! How irresponsible and so utterly idiotic! Gotta admit though that I hate the sight of dogs on the back of utes just as much even if they are tied.

The other day I was walking down the main street of Tanunda with Akira (we didn't want to leave her at my Mum's house when we made a short trip to get groceries) and someone had two huge Rottweilers tied in the back of a parked ute very loosely (the owner wasn't there). Every time someone walked past them they would start barking and growling and looking like they were going to jump out of the tray and hurt someone. We made sure we were on the opposite side of the road so they wouldn't see Akira, but what sort of idiot leaves two potentially aggressive dogs tied in a ute by themselves?