Man Offers $20,000 Reward For Return Of His Dog

kobblyness

I just saw this on 7 news. It made me cry, the poor man is really upset.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/a/-/ne...h-for-lost-dog/

A Gold Coast man offering a $20,000 cash reward for his lost dog has sold his house to fund the search.

Sean Robey is offering $20,000 to anyone who can find his pet Staffy, Charlie, who he's had since she was five weeks old.

Mr Robey paid $800 for her nine years ago, but says she's worth much more to him now.

"I've been through some rough times and she's really helped me though them," he said.

"She's everything I've got."

The Staffy cross bull terrier went missing from the backyard of his Carrara home 12 days ago.

Before then she'd never slept a night outdoors.

"I'm worried sick. Every night I can't sleep you know, basically a 38-year-old man in tears," Mr Robey told Seven News.

Sean has been handing out flyers and doing letter box drops. He even sold his home to fund the search, and is offering $20,000 in wads of cash to prove the reward is real.

"It's a lot of money and I've had to borrow it to get it, but for me it's nothing," he said.

Sean told Seven News he'll hand over the money no questions asked. He said he doesn't need to know where Charlie's been, he just wants her back.

Charlie is a pure white Staffy cross bull terrier, with a black tip on her left ear.

Mr Robey has set up a Facebook page to help in the search for Charlie.

Facebook.com: Charlie-Girl Robey

Edited by kobblyness

I just got a FB page update that the dog has been returned :mad:champagne: I dont know if the people who returned the dog asked for the money. I would hope not. Just to see the look on that mans face when he got his dog back would have been the biggest reward ever!!!

From what he said on TV tonight, the people didn't ask for the reward, so he is going to donate some of it to the RSPCA. I cringed when I heard him say that, as I thought you poor man if only you knew the truth about them. I would much rather see it go to no kill shelters or rescues. But I am

so glad he got Charlie back.

Marion01

From what he said on TV tonight, the people didn't ask for the reward, so he is going to donate some of it to the RSPCA. I cringed when I heard him say that, as I thought you poor man if only you knew the truth about them. I would much rather see it go to no kill shelters or rescues. But I am

so glad he got Charlie back.

Marion01

I'll give you another opportunity to cringe. We've just given our annual donatiion to RSPCA Qld....& to AWL Qld. Yes, & we support local rescues as well.

So glad the man got Charlie back safe & well. Very decent people who found him, to waive a reward.