13 French Bulldog Puppies Stolen

sugar

Prized pups stolen from home

BY LINDA JONES

28 Jun, 2010 12:00 AM

THE owners of bulldog puppies snatched from a Dandenong house last Tuesday believe the thieves knew what they were doing when they left one male puppy behind.

Owner Claire Scholes said she was devastated and concerned for the puppies' welfare and survival. She said the four-week-year-old male was of lesser value than the 10 other French Bulldog puppies that have stronger markings.

The Scholes family discovered the theft at 6.30pm last Tuesday.

Eleven four-week-old French bulldogs and two 12-week British bulldogs were missing.

Mrs Scholes said the family was devastated.

"They knew what they were doing. They stole the computer that held records of the puppies and a camera with their images.

"They left the male puppy of lesser value behind and took the others with strong markings.

"We are now thinking about who we had in the house."

Mrs Scholes reported the matter to police.

She has also been working her way through all the pet shops and vets in the area in the hope that she might find some clues to the puppies' whereabouts.

"We have mothers with teats bursting with milk. It's a real tragedy."

Mrs Scholes said the house was broken into between 6.30 and 7.30pm.

The two British bulldogs, which are microchipped, are red and white.

"The female had surgery on her left eye, so that's a little droopy."

"There are six pie-colour French bulldogs with white, black and fawn markings.

"Others have white and black and one is a brindle with a white stripe down his nose."

Mrs Scholes said that during their inquiries people told them gangs from Springvale were stealing dogs.

"It's a racket, I'm told. These thieves are targeting pugs, Staffordshire and bulldogs."

"They say a Staffordshire went missing some months ago and through publicity was returned for fear they would be caught. I'm hoping for their return, but most concerning is I hope the thieves know what they're doing.

"The puppies need to feed every four hours, so I hope they are being fed.

"We've got very close to them. My two sons are so upset they don't want to return home, so they are with their grandparents at the moment."

Mrs Scholes said a reward would be given to anyone supplying information that led to the puppies' recovery.

Can you solve the puppy puzzle? Phone Claire Scholes on on 0406 663 135.

Edited by sugar

and who in their right mind leaves pups unattended - esp pups so young? Morons.

I googled it and got nothing...?

curiousity likked the cat but now I am curious...heheheheh

.... same. Lol!

Very poor detectives :love:

google it without the spaces, then google the many different email address and new numbers.

Troy has removed them from the breeder pages a few times now, under various prefixes over the last 6 months or so.

Wherever the pups are they are in a better place. I hope this puts a stop to their disgraceful breeding practices or at least slows them down for a while.

I suppose the other bonus is he didn't get to rip off unsuspecting buyers either

My oh MY, these are the ones with the parvo pup I nearly bought, Thought the name rang a bell, stay far, far away from them, should ring and ask for my deposit back??? As I am still waiting.

Just made a comment to the paper, this is just poor taste that think people can just forget.

Edited by Didles

I was just thinking the same thing. How they still have an ANKC prefix is beyond me and I don't feel sorry for them in the least.

I have never heard of this breeder so I cannot comment on their breeding practices and although you may have a point in saying that you do not feel sorry for them in the least but what about the poor pups? They are too young to be removed from their mum, don't you think?

Interesting to see when you go to the bottom of their petlink site and click on the dogs for sale and free to good homes, the first thing that comes up is the gov't scam watch website ad. Seems quite fitting, doesn't it...

Well they obviously are not looking that hard, I work at a pet store in the same suburb & no one has come in asking about missing puppies.. hmm well since this suburb is notorious for being home to crackheads & loads of shady characters I do not have high hopes for those poor dogs :heart:

Twice the article made comment of the thieves leaving a male puppy of 'lesser value' behind. Before I even saw all your comments I was thinking so does she care about the money lost or the poor 4 week old pups who should still be with their mothers? Maybe the theft was payback for a shady deal they did with some other poor puppy buyer? What goes around comes around.

I just hope the missing puppies are all being suitably cared for, that the 'valueless' pup left behind does not get treated poorly by the 'breeders' and that the 'breeders' get appropriate medical care for the bitches who will still have milk.