Dog Constipation?

Lush

HI

I have a 5 year old labrador and he is struggling with his digestion at the moment and is constipated. Is there anything that anyone can recommend that I can safely give him to digest to you know "get the bowels moving"?

In humans good old castor oil can do the trick but I have no idea when it comes to our canine friends.

Thanks

HI

I have a 5 year old labrador and he is struggling with his digestion at the moment and is constipated. Is there anything that anyone can recommend that I can safely give him to digest to you know "get the bowels moving"?

In humans good old castor oil can do the trick but I have no idea when it comes to our canine friends.

Thanks

I sometimes have used a tin of oily fish and that has helped. Hope he gets 'moving' soon!

I think people give their dog a little bit of Yoghurt? or is that when they have the runs?

I know this sounds weird, but I give Charlie warm water and we go for a walk.. that always do the trick with him :laugh:

Hi-

is this constipation - or are you just noticing him expending effort in toileting?

What is he being fed, and how much exercise is he getting?

Has anything changed in his diet'routine around the time you noticed this?

Was everything Ok at his last vet check?

is struggling with his digestion at the moment

Are there other problems ?

Last night my hubby gave him some asian flat noodles and I think this has clogged him up. He doesnt seem unwell at all, just hasnt made any effort to go to the toilet. He is constantly burping (like we do when we have indigestion I guess). I thought I would try to get him to poop first before taking him to the vet

I always used parrafin oil with my old corgi, who was prone to this. Our vet pointed out that while it put a nice slick coating on the insides to help things move through, it didn't actually soften the stools. When my girl was old and having trouble even holding the position to poo we were giving her stool softeners. I can't remember the dose, but the vet said it was fine to get some from the chemist.

I think people give their dog a little bit of Yoghurt? or is that when they have the runs?

I know this sounds weird, but I give Charlie warm water and we go for a walk.. that always do the trick with him :D

Yogurt is a blocker :rofl::hug: How about mashed pumpkin in Pal or Sardines :rofl: