Good Pet Shops In Melbourne

poochiemama

PETstock South Melbourne had a new range of collars and leads when i was in there on Saturday that looked gorgeous- meant to have a closer look but then ran out of time. I love their interactive toy range as well.

I love Best Friends Pet Warehouse.

If you join as a member you get discounts and sometimes free stuff. I got a free grooming service and vet check for Moon. You're going to buy treats, bowls, collars and leashes and stuff anyway, why not get free stuff too?

She hated the grooming, I opted for the wash, dry and brush, ear cleaning, nail trim and ear bows.

The bows went beautifully with her bemused and angry expression and her lovely shiny coat. :thumbsup:

pets and the city are good, abode of the friendly toad in burwood road has some nice stuff and there is a cute, small pet boutique (does grooming too) on bay street that i can't remember the name of. i'm not sure if the laundrymutt on bridge rd has much else besides grooming but you could try there...

i think that pets at home have a pretty decent range and they don't sell puppies or kittens anymore, now they do adoptions from lort smith but you, like me, may not like seeing animals in glass cages being oogled whether or not their are rescues or oodles.

then there are the usuals of petstocks which are everywhere, megapet warehouse which have quite a few locations, and best friends pet that all have good solid stuff, usually the common cheaper brands and their own brand to go along with it.

Thanks for all the tips ... I usually go to PetBarn at Chadstone but their range is a bit limited. I do like Pets and the City, I think that's the one where they usually have a resident labrador puppy training to be a guide dog ; cutest thing ever.

Saggitarians shop is awsome. Its 4 paws and more maybe?. I think there are 2 of them now. Also the pet BAth Shop in Diamond Creek is the best, they sell my Artemis and beautiful statues, collars leads and coats. They have a DIY path and are all breed groomers too.

I often go to Zoo in Glenferrie Road Malvern (there is one in Church Street, Brighton too). The young ladies in there are always so helpful and always willing to cuddle and treat the pooch! And there shop is always clean and well appointed, which I like. They can also order stuff in for you if they don't have what you want.

Might have to try the RSPCA - I didn't realise they had a store! I have purchased some of their things online, but didn't know they had a physical store!

I might check out a few of these suggestions for myself actually! When we were looking for pet shops, all we could seem to find was Pet Stock, but they tend to have same old same old. I am looking for some new and different toys for her, but everywhere I go it is all the same and I don't want to buy more of the same.

I also use ebay a bit.

There is also a place at the top of Acland Street (actually, it is more Barkley Street) in St Kilda that does dog things... I've never been in there, but they have some pretty fancy looking things in the windows! I also think there maybe a dog clothing place on Brighton Road in Elwood too.

I love pets and the city, they don't sell live animals, lots and lots of nice trendy stuff for dogs and cats. Wendy the prop is lovely and she usually has her two cockers in the shop with her, Georgie and Lilly.

heres a link http://www.petsandthecity.com.au/

I used to make collars for her on order. I stopped because I was never sure they fitted the clients dogs properly because I never got to explain what measurements I needed, and I never got feedback, although she did get repeat customers so I suppose that's a good sign.

I used to like going it there just for a browse. Amazing what people buy for their dogs.

Edited by Kirislin

Pet Pavillion in Elwood is brilliant.

Estel, the spanish groomer is fabulous with the dogs.

All the best brands, plus the owners parents own the original Pet Pavillion in London, and regularly bring over gorgeous english made beds and blankets etc

Whenever we are in Melbourne, we go there, and when im not in Melbourne, they courier everything for me to Brisbane ;)