Check Chains

Borderpower

I have been out of dog showing for a while now my last time was 2002, when I was doing it we used check chains, I was talking to someone the other week and this person said that check chains had been banned??? last night I went to the dog show for a look and I could not see not one check chain.

so my question is are check chains still getting used in the show ring if not then whats taken its place?

Thanks

That's certainly news to me! :)

Would be interested to find out where the person you are talking to got their info, but would suggest you don't pay too much heed to what they say because they're wrong. :hug:

Thanks so much guys for replying

This person is a dog trainer that told me, she shows her dogs here in Darwin. It was interesting cose I didn't see any check chains at the dog show last night.

well I'm happy that some people still use them, and that they are not banned, if I ever run back in to this person I will be telling her lol this information.

I use them and I love them :)

I can guarantee you some of the Dobes where shown on chains.

Many obedience clubs have them banned & thats a whole different story.

Many chains though these days are so discreet you wouldnt tell straight away.many use snake chains or the fine chain especially the ones in black.

Para chord leads are very popular & are the exact same as chains except cord.

I show one on a chain & one on a leather chain style lead

I can guarantee you some of the Dobes where shown on chains.

Many obedience clubs have them banned & thats a whole different story.

Many chains though these days are so discreet you wouldnt tell straight away.many use snake chains or the fine chain especially the ones in black.

Para chord leads are very popular & are the exact same as chains except cord.

I show one on a chain & one on a leather chain style lead

Yes that's what I saw lots of cord collars :)

Thanks for the info :hug:

Banned? Nope.

Almost everyone I see still uses them in the ring (including myself). Either that or a martingale.

I prefer to use the martingale on some of mine but I do have a few that simply must have check chains or else they try and assert themselves. Never heard of check chains being banned. Prong collars I had heard but not check chains.

This person is a dog trainer that told me, she shows her dogs here in Darwin. It was interesting cose I didn't see any check chains at the dog show last night.

well I'm happy that some people still use them, and that they are not banned, if I ever run back in to this person I will be telling her lol this information.

I use them and I love them :)

Go tonight and you'll see some on the Pointers . :cry:

Umm, what? Lucky you came here ( to the right place to get the informed facts ) OOOO

Hope you enjoy the return to the show ring.

Yes I thought it was funny, I knew it had to be wrong, the person that told me "claims" to show her dogs all the time at show.

At first I didn't believe it and then I was at the dog show on Thursday and I couldn't see any check chains I thought maybe this person is right, But Im glade I asked I will be using check chains when I return to the ring :laugh:

I hope to get back into it very soon ATM I'm doing Obedience trailing, just want to focus on one thing at a time :laugh:

I use them and I love them :laugh:

Go tonight and you'll see some on the Pointers . :laugh:

I was going to go tonight but felt a bit sick. :love: