Kong Killers!

Tokkie

Ringo just killed his new Kong within 30 min........ :rofl:

He destroys ALL toys...... even Nandi's puppy toys... :rofl:

Balls (his personal favourite), Soft toys.... (he likes to torture them slowly... pulling out all the white fluffy stuff until they die..... :happydance2:)

O yes and Squeaky's are the worst , he will hunt them down an KILL them instantly.... :rofl:

Kong’s he had killed:

4826269376_e5de53de03_o.jpg

4825660907_d32d48395b_o.jpg

4826269442_ac75774e32_o.jpg

The one i bought today... :happydance2:

4826269472_a34624c0b1_o.jpg

Nandi's Kong........ :rofl:

4826269348_e9000b0a1c_o.jpg

4825660823_06e63635c8_o.jpg

The only surviving Kong.....

4826269502_902c0e5ecb_o.jpg

Are there any more Kong killers out there......they did not have the black one at the shop today..... will it make 'n difference??? :happydance2:

:happydance2: I thought that's what doggy toys were for, so they didn't destroy other more important things. Maybe try the black ones, they are supposed to be tougher to kill.

I have a pei killing a teddy in the hallway as I speak. I'd rather they kill teddies than my pillows (which is what they used to attack).

:happydance2: I thought that's what doggy toys were for, so they didn't destroy other more important things. Maybe try the black ones, they are supposed to be tougher to kill.

I think Tokkie wants them to last more than 30mins, having a JRT I understand perfectly

A good one Ive found for my girl is this green and white dumbell you can get from Coles, its a dental thing, Tess has never killed it, they both love chewing on it

I have a pei killing a teddy in the hallway as I speak. I'd rather they kill teddies than my pillows (which is what they used to attack).

Arms.... normally I don't mind him destroying his toys.... but Kongs are expensive! At this rate I’ll be broke within a month..... :happydance2:

I buy the $2 bags of toys at the salvos for him to kill...... but love the Kongs (with treats inside) for when I have to leave them alone.

GG85.... I will go and have a look thanks. :happydance2:

Does anyone know of another treat toy that’s really strong?

There's these 'tough toy' rings you can get with squeakers in them, Moon's is fleecy and quite large, with red stitching and canvas around the edges.

Name of the company has totally escaped me, but it's to do with tough dogs

for the Dane who chewed a golf ball sized chunk from the middle of a black XXL Kong, she couldn't budge a stitch, and she's really innovative in her killing techniques.

We bought it for $60 :happydance2: but it's lasted two years of constant physical abuse and there's not a tear in it.

Tokkie I have the large Kong for Tess, mainly because of Lexi but Tess copes fine with it. I have a Canine Genius for each of them, I cover the holes on the side and bottom with peanut butter, then freeze it, add some kibble to the middle, fill the top bit with peanut butter, freeze it all up, makes it last longer. Tess hasnt killed the large CG but she did kill the small one, that might be the way to go, just get a larger size of everything

Wow - can we have photos of the destroyed kongs?

I can't imagine Elbie being able to destroy any of his kongs. Even his plushies don't get totally destroyed - just a bit mauled and repairable with stitching :laugh: I have never seen a destroyed kong!!

You can buy the tuff rings from dogtoys.com. They are awesome!

I have the mega tuff ring which has lasted 5yrs through a german shep, two rotties, a lab and numerous fosterdogs.

The shaped ones are awesome too. I am about to get the lobster.

They have been tested on orangutans and lions and stuff. They are imported by a DOL'er. She donates a lot to rescue orgs and other

My lab/rotty will destroy all toys.

Got them a few new toys yesterday, and one of them he decided was his target for the evening and within about 5 minutes it was totally munted. He won't go near it now but the little one loves it now hes ruined it for her (she didnt like it while it was new lol)

:laugh: I thought that's what doggy toys were for, so they didn't destroy other more important things. Maybe try the black ones, they are supposed to be tougher to kill.

Arms.... normally I don't mind him destroying his toys.... but Kongs are expensive! At this rate I’ll be broke within a month..... :o

I buy the $2 bags of toys at the salvos for him to kill...... but love the Kongs (with treats inside) for when I have to leave them alone.

GG85.... I will go and have a look thanks. :)

Does anyone know of another treat toy that’s really strong?

The aussie dog tucker balls are strong - they are hard though, not softish like the kongs, so some dogs aren't as attracted to them.

Give the black one a go - They do seem to be a fair bit stronger than the red ones.

Thanks wagsalot.... do you think I should get him the Medium?

Yep, Id go the medium.

Brennan kills squeaky toys pretty easily. Her puppy Wubba lasted a week and a half, her regular Wubba lasted 2 days until it was de-squeaked. She has the black Kong which so far she has not been able to destroy, and the Kong frisbee which has also proven to hold up to her teeth :laugh:

Wow, it isn't just my dog thats got strong jaws..... :o

Brennan's Mum.... Ringo is an expert in de-squeaking, I don't know how he does it, when I buy him a new Guz (his most favourite toy in the whole world) he de-squeaks it in about 10min without destroying the Guz.... eventaully the hole where the squeaky was wil get bigger and bigger until I have to throw it away.

Wow - can we have photos of the destroyed kongs?

koalathebear, he breaks them at the little indents.... so in 3 pieces..... the one I bought today still got 2 rings together... I'll take a photo of the toys I still have :)

GG85, maybe I'll get the Medium black one tomorrow and see if it last.

Heavypaws..... $60 is alot :laugh: ... but I have spend a lot more than that on toys in the last 6 months. :)

Thanks Burkes, is this the rings you talk about?

post-25488-1280064898_thumb.jpg

post-25488-1280064912_thumb.jpg

Frosty has killed her wubba and I don't even leave it with her.

She is in the process of killing a red kong. I plan to get a black one if I ever find the right one in the shops instead of emtpy shelf.

She has not yet managed to kill an "everlasting fun ball", and that has been with her since puppy. And she does chomp on it, especially if I load it with treats or peanut.

http://aboutdogtraining.sitestreet.com/177...ng_Fun_Ball.htm

I've heard bad cuz toys are good but haven't yet got her one.

She had a lacrosse ball briefly on Saturday and didn't destroy it in that time. Same with a slazenger training (cricket) ball. It has a kind of cotton weave coating with a seam sort of but isn't leather. But I don't leave these things with her. All the same, the kong wubba did not survive the same attention.

There's these 'tough toy' rings you can get with squeakers in them, Moon's is fleecy and quite large, with red stitching and canvas around the edges.

Name of the company has totally escaped me, but it's to do with tough dogs

for the Dane who chewed a golf ball sized chunk from the middle of a black XXL Kong, she couldn't budge a stitch, and she's really innovative in her killing techniques.

We bought it for $60 :o but it's lasted two years of constant physical abuse and there's not a tear in it.

I had this image of a dane, tying toy to a railway track and then hiding in the bushes. Laughing evilly :laugh:

I can't get my dogs interested in the Black kongs, unless there is food in them, but they wont chew it. Seems they don't want to chew anything that they can't destroy.. Tennis balls get them going and so does rope, which they're not allowed as they eat it aswell.

My staffy was a mad chewer, but the two i have now just ain't that into it, oh unless we've just bought him a new bed.. which promptly gets eaten by the next morning, so it's the tiles for him only!!

Golden canes get a good work out, all the half dead or 'soon to be dead' fronds get ripped off and shredded when they decide to show off, generally if they haven't had a lot of exercise.