It's Ekka Time Again!

MrsD

For those who have seen it before & for those who would like to see what it's all about, Dances with Dogs have a trial over 3 days at the Ekka this year. For those who don't know what it is, it's a sport where the dog & handler perform a choreographed routine to a piece of music & it's all about fun, teamwork, motivation & focus :):laugh::) .

The 2 divisions (Freestyle & Heelwork to Music) have been split up over the 3 days, I'm competing on the first Friday & will be spectating the other 2 days.

FRIDAY 6th August

DWD Trial at the ROYAL (Ekka) 3pm

FREESTYLE - Starters and Intermediate

TUESDAY 10th August

HTM - Starters, Novice and Advanced

FRIDAY 13th August

FREESTYLE - Novice and Advanced

HTM - Intermediate

If anyone wants to know about training your dog to do DwD, meet some of the dogs & dancers or just find out more about the sport in general feel free to approach any of the competitors & ask questions, we will have some flyers to hand out about our DwD club & we love to get more people interested in the sport :laugh: .

Edited to change the title so interstate people know what I'm talking about :laugh: .

Edited by MrsD

Not fair :( :D - why do all these good things happen so far away - like your weekend at Cam Tailwaggers - and now this :laugh:

Go well, and have a great time. (Will there be video, enquiring minds want to know?)

Maybe a dumb question but what is Ekka?

For those who have seen it before & for those who would like to see what it's all about, Dances with Dogs have a trial over 3 days at the Ekka this year. For those who don't know what it is, it's a sport where the dog & handler perform a choreographed routine to a piece of music & it's all about fun, teamwork, motivation & focus :D :(:laugh: .

Boronia, according to the Dog Events Schedule the Westies are on Monday 9th.

Barb & Kyliegirl, there are some of last year's routines up on Youtube Ekka Routines 2009 plus there are videos from other competitions on the DWDCQ Youtube channel here . We are buying a new video camera next weekend just to take this year, so they should be up not long after the event.

Gamby, yes, Brisbane Royal, sorry I forget not everyone knows it's called the Ekka up here :rofl: .

I looked into this as I thought it would be great fun to do.... but it is so far away from my house and I have to work the night that the class is held!

So we are settling for obedience instead!!

Have a fabulous time and good luck!!! :rofl:

You're welcome Kyliegirl, there is some very secretive planning going on so people can unveil new routines at the Ekka for the "wow" factor, can't say mine will be like that though :( I'll just be happy to get through without Jarrah doing his mexican jumping bean impersonation :) .

Barb & Kyliegirl, there are some of last year's routines up on Youtube Ekka Routines 2009 plus there are videos from other competitions on the DWDCQ Youtube channel here . We are buying a new video camera next weekend just to take this year, so they should be up not long after the event.

Gamby, yes, Brisbane Royal, sorry I forget not everyone knows it's called the Ekka up here :( .

O poop, there isn't a dancing day on Monday :)

Gamby, yes, Brisbane Royal, sorry I forget not everyone knows it's called the Ekka up here :eek: .

O poop, there isn't a dancing day on Monday :laugh:

You can see Westies on just about any weekend at Durack when a champ show is on :laugh: .

Gamby, yes, Brisbane Royal, sorry I forget not everyone knows it's called the Ekka up here :eek: .

You can see Westies on just about any weekend at Durack when a champ show is on :D .

Thanks MrsD, are Scottish Terriers on at the same day as Westies at Durack? and where would I find a Durack schedule, wouldn't mind seeing the Kelpies though, I used to breed them many years ago when we had the farm near Miva :laugh:

Gamby, yes, Brisbane Royal, sorry I forget not everyone knows it's called the Ekka up here :laugh: .

You can see Westies on just about any weekend at Durack when a champ show is on :) .

Thanks MrsD, are Scottish Terriers on at the same day as Westies at Durack? and where would I find a Durack schedule, wouldn't mind seeing the Kelpies though, I used to breed them many years ago when we had the farm near Miva :D

The kelpies are on Friday the 6th at the Ekka :eek: . Durack shows are just one day, they have a half a dozen or more rings running all at once. They are on most weekends but not all, I just checked the June Dogworld & there is a show on Sunday the 1st August & one on Sunday the 15th August if that's any help.

Gamby, yes, Brisbane Royal, sorry I forget not everyone knows it's called the Ekka up here :laugh: .

You can see Westies on just about any weekend at Durack when a champ show is on :) .

Thanks MrsD, are Scottish Terriers on at the same day as Westies at Durack? and where would I find a Durack schedule, wouldn't mind seeing the Kelpies though, I used to breed them many years ago when we had the farm near Miva :D

The kelpies are on Friday the 6th at the Ekka ;) . Durack shows are just one day, they have a half a dozen or more rings running all at once. They are on most weekends but not all, I just checked the June Dogworld & there is a show on Sunday the 1st August & one on Sunday the 15th August if that's any help.

Maybe the 15th...can't go on the 1st...it's the Brisbane Westie Walkers walk in Newstead Park...can't miss that! ;)