Open Day At Dogs Sa

Yep I'm thinking of going with my 2 younger mutts, I know the old boy wouldn't appreciate it much. I could probably enter the 2 into the category 'only a mother could love' as I often get comments that they look like dump dogs :rofl:

Will be good to see others there too!! Looking forward to it!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like there'll be quite a group of DOLers milling around the competition area :) . I think it will be a fun day!

I'll have my hands full, but Please, somebody remember to bring a camera!

Looking forward to catching up with DOLers I haven't seen for a while too :)

Looks like there'll be quite a group of DOLers milling around the competition area :) . I think it will be a fun day!

I'll have my hands full, but Please, somebody remember to bring a camera!

Looking forward to catching up with DOLers I haven't seen for a while too :)

I'm bringing mine!

The 'Bark In The Park' pet dog show commences at 12 noon. Fun classes offered are the cutest and the smoochiest pooch, mutts only a mother could love, child's best friend, golden oldies, best dressed, best groomed, best trick, best Christmas dog.

How does the competitions work.... do you just enter on the day?

I bought Nandi the cutest little dress at the show.... I hope its warm on Sunday, it’s a 'summer' dress... :kissbetter:

Tokkie, the weather should be fine with maybe a late shower, max 19. Madeline will have her party dress on too :eek:

With the competitions, you just show up at the time they're on. You can enter as many as you like because they're on one after another, not at the same time. I'm entering Maddie in just about all of them, if I can borrow somebody's kid we can go in the 'child's best friend' one too :laugh:

I will be there all day. Piper, Jazz and I will be busy running the herding over in the herding arena. We will have some duck herding demos across the day.

Piper and I are also doing a Canine Freestyle demo, not sure what time and if I can tidy up a Heelwork to Music routine for Jazz then she will do a short demo too. She hasn't ever done 1 before but as there is an agility trial on that day they are a bit short of some of their demos so we are trying to help fill in some gaps.

Yeah sorry Piper :rofl: . Maybe I should have dropped Ness off and you could have just made something up with all three :eek: .

LOL - I may yet have a GSD to do herding with so hey an extra BC for freestyle, why not!!

Jazz's demo is not looking likely at the moment - I cant find a song to use!! I have worked out what she can do and decided we can manage a heelwork to music starters level (watched your Kenzie video for inspiration) but not freestyle - just need something not too long and quite upbeat and fun. Piper does a good freestyle routine so that is fine and all sorted. Just need to spend 10 minutes tomorrow morning and evening refreshing a couple of moves.

Hmm let me think - will be back shortly with a suggestion :eek: .

My next heelwork to music possibility is Mission Impossible I think. What about Supercalafragalisticexpealadious for an impromptu HTM.

Real bugger it was the same day as the GSD agility trial else we could have had 4 dogs doing demos.

Edited by ness

Hmm let me think - will be back shortly with a suggestion :eek: .

My next heelwork to music possibility is Mission Impossible I think. What about Supercalafragalisticexpealadious for an impromptu HTM.

Real bugger it was the same day as the GSD agility trial else we could have had 4 dogs doing demos.

I am currently working my way through a Disney music webpage to see what is short and boppy and cute. Super is on the list as is bibbidy boppity boo and several others. I will play about outside with Jazz tomorrow and see which 1 works best for us.

We just got home :cry:. It was a good day! I took a few photos and bumped into atleast one other DOL member (I've forgotten her name though! :)). I will post up my pics later.. they're pretty crud because holding onto an excitable cattle dog X and take photos at the same time isn't easy. LOL

We're home too. We bumped into Tokkie and Yellowgirl at the competitions (Akira got a judge's choice for Smoochiest Pooch because she chose exactly the right moment to cover my face with kisses :)) and we also spoke to Lyndsay and Bully. I saw Miss Squish as well and was going to say hi but she was busy and we never got back over there again.

Edited by whiskedaway

I'm just home too and maybe the odd one out here but thought it was very poor with nothing really organised to watch and keep your interest, sorry but next time will take the dog to the beach instead.

Thought there might have been some agility or obedience and hopefully flyball demonstrations but there was none of it, did hear the announcement of duck herding but where was it held???

Met Miss Squish for the first time , we both used to go to the same obedience school but didn't know her to see, if ya get my drift.

I'm just home too and maybe the odd one out here but thought it was very poor with nothing really organised to watch and keep your interest, sorry but next time will take the dog to the beach instead.

Thought there might have been some agility or obedience and hopefully flyball demonstrations but there was none of it, did hear the announcement of duck herding but where was it held???

Met Miss Squish for the first time , we both used to go to the same obedience school but didn't know her to see, if ya get my drift.

I think the timing of the day was poor, there was an agility trial on today and being the day after the Royal show, the last thing most exhibitors feel like is spending another day answering stupid questions. I was stuffed from the Royal and it was a strugle to get there this morning. I would have enjoyed it a lot more had it not been right after the Royal.