Looking For Reliable Pet Sitter?

PoppyDog

I'm SO confused!!!

I HATE going away for this very reason! I wish we had family close who could look after our puppy.

Well if I was still living in the Rosewood area I would have offered to look after the dog for you. :confused:

All anybody is saying go to good reliable kennel.

I can only speak for where I have worked.

I HATE going away for this very reason! I wish we had family close who could look after our puppy.

As I'vs said, we have neighbours where we have a habit of looking after each others dogs. But even then, it's necessary to have another option if that becomes impossible. Our option of the 'Room At Home' accommodation level at Samford Pet Resort covers that. They also have a vet as member of staff. One trouble is that you have to get in early to book for a special option like that one. Because lots of other people prefer it, too, to standard kennel accommodation.

:laugh: Pollywaffle! Not helpful! Lol!

I'm stuck!

Do I try and find a sitter?

Or do I give the kennel a go?

Time is running out!!!

I use boarding kennels on about 3 - 4 occasions a year. For one of my girls, I do worry about the noise and stress from being around unfamiliar dogs, and so I am prepared to pay a little extra for the VIP or executive suites. As someone else has mentioned, Samford Pet Resort offers this facility as does Brookfield Pet Chalet (which may be a little closer to you). I'd highly recommend either of these places. The suites are air-conditioned rooms with single beds and most have a TV :). The dogs are let out into an outside play area 3 - 4 times a day for a play and cuddles :eek: You do pay for the service though - around $50 per day (as opposed to around $25 for standard boarding). The plus side is you don't have to pay any extra for the playtime

• 2 weeks later...
I am prepared to pay a little extra for the VIP or executive suites. As someone else has mentioned, Samford Pet Resort offers this facility as does Brookfield Pet Chalet (which may be a little closer to you).

Thanks for that. I didn't know there was another place offering the 'Room at Home' accommodation.

OMG Poppydog, you are SO lucky to have someone like varicool to look after your dog!!!

Looks like everyone had heaps of fun, and I don't think your dog will want to go home :) :)

I know GG. I had such a great weekend away and the photos and video & updates of Poppy really helped! I knew Poppy was being well looked after and knew she was having a ball with Sue, Harvey and Junebug. Poppy was so spoilt! Even sleeping on the bed and snoozing on the couch! :D

Poppy is seriously cute :eek: bet she sleeps well when she gets home ;)

Thanks Kissindra! :) She is sleeping on her bed right now! :eek: She is all tuckered out from her exciting holiday with friends! :)

Poppy just left they will still playing when Amy got here :eek:

Thanks SOOOOO much for having her Sue. She is snoozing now! :)