Wanted Mini Daschund

sammyg

Better to save the money and buy one from an ethical registered breeder, who will be there to support you in the years to come.

Think you might be all right with spending the extra dollars and getting what you pay for. So expensive for something some small!!!!

Thanks for feedback.

Better to save the money and buy one from an ethical registered breeder, who will be there to support you in the years to come.

Think you might be all right with spending the extra dollars and getting what you pay for. So expensive for something some small!!!!

Thanks for feedback.

True but its a little life as well, with a personality, that will hopefully be around for years to come!

Thanks for feedback.

Size don't matter when you're buying dogs. Some of the larger breeds are cheaper and some of the tiny breeds are $$$ ;)

Better to spend a bit more upfront and buy from someone who does right by their dogs and knows the breed well than save a few hundred bucks buying from someone who doesn't know their arse from their elbow in terms of the breed. Some of the "breeders' you see advertising Dachshunds cant' even spell the breed name correctly. :(

Thanks for feedback.

True but its a little life as well, with a personality, that will hopefully be around for years to come!

As the owner of 2 legless ones it is worth the extra $ in the long run to go to a registered breeder.

You will have them for 15-18 years or more.

If you cannot afford to pay for a dog, the question will be can you then afford to pay ongoing expenses?

what a ridiculous thing to say. They are paying for a dog? They were hoping for something within their budget. THey have said they may pay the extra?

I dont have a vet emergency fund for my 2 dogs, but if something was to happen I would somehow find the money or borrow it.

If you cannot afford to pay for a dog, the question will be can you then afford to pay ongoing expenses?

what a ridiculous thing to say. They are paying for a dog? They were hoping for something within their budget. THey have said they may pay the extra?

I dont have a vet emergency fund for my 2 dogs, but if something was to happen I would somehow find the money or borrow it.

This is where pet insurance is a good idea.

I dont want pet insurance PF

I dont want pet insurance PF

And that's your choice. But if people will struggle to cover any four figure vet bill, then IMO it sure beats putting your dog to sleep because you can't afford treatment. That's a reality that plays out at vets all over Australia every week.

Pet insurance only covers certain eventualities. It doesn't cover a lot of things.

I did the figures once and it was ridiculous.

It does take discipline to put an amount aside each week/fortnight/month, but doing that (even if it is just the same amount you woudl pay for pet insurance) makes more sense than paying out to an insurance company. Yes, it is still a small risk, but if you think about it, the insurance actuaries don't have that amount determined without good reason. And company profits are factored into it. :laugh:

Given the number of dog owning years we've had, the vet fees IN TOTAL from all causes (not just the ones insurance MIGHT cover) have been far less than what we would have been paying for "insurance".

Sorry but I actually think 500-800 dollars is a lot of money.A dog at that price I don't think is cheap.Saying that of course if the breeders think their dogs are worth 1000 and over, then thats what their worth but just because you have a budget does not mean you cannot afford to raise an animal.I have never paid over $600 for any of my dogs and most have been from very good lines.That has been my budget and animals are very well cared for.

Sorry but I actually think 500-800 dollars is a lot of money.A dog at that price I don't think is cheap. *snip*

Most DDs go for this amount or more, $500 for a purebreed dog sounds very cheap to me.

LOOKING TO BUY A MINI SHORTHAIR/SMOOTH DASCHUND - Will Travel anywhere in VIC.

Will pay between $500 - $800

PM me if you have any ideas of where to locate.

Cheers

Great choice of dog :laugh: They're fantastic little dogs.

Would you consider an older dog ? Some breeders do from time to time place an older dog into a new home for life for a small fee or sometime's at no charge.

My parents have had mini daxies for 35 - 40 years and their current one only cost $100 ( had to twist the breeders arm to take the $100 )

She has great breeding, an Australian title and well behaved. The breeder simply had to rehome a few of the dogs.

Something to consider maybe ??