Pregnant Lab Girl Found!

t-time

A pregnant Labrador girl has been found and it is thought she is approx. 8 months old. :rofl:

The "finder" has contacted the pound who says they will put her down; RSPCA reckons they can't do anything WTF???!! :laugh:

I haven't personally seen the bitch, don't know if she's purebred (apparently the 8 month age suggested is from a vet) and we have no idea what has mated her.....

Can anyone here take on this girl?

I have suggested that the best thing to do would be to desex her (aborting the pups at the same time) but the real issue is that she is essentially a stray (not chipped) and gawd knows when she's due to whelp. :mad

What to do?

Any ideas? :laugh:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor baby, I'd take her in a heartbeat if she were here in Tassie. frown.gif

I'd take her on too - if I didn't already have a houseful and a litter due :laugh:

How do they know she is pregnant?

Vet. The took her to the vet when they suspected she was quite pregnant. :laugh:

damn if she was in vic i would take her in a heart beat poor maggot i really hope someone can help out - god i hate people sometimes!!

Really hoping I can find her a nice place with someone experienced or else at least get her proper care - obviously the people who found her have already gone to some length to find the owner and take her to a vet........this is just a sad situation.

Maybe try

Annie's Labrador Rescue

Phone: 0410 190 906

Address: QLD 4207

Thanks so much for the contact! Is this Blacklabrador here on DOL? :rofl:

Well, if there is any way of getting her down here to me, I will take her, rear her puppies and place them in good homes. Depending upon how she fits in here with my other dogs, she could well have a home here for life. If not, I will undertake to find her the best possible forever home as well.

A pregnant Labrador girl has been found and it is thought she is approx. 8 months old. :cheer:

The "finder" has contacted the pound who says they will put her down; RSPCA reckons they can't do anything WTF???!! :thumbsup:

I haven't personally seen the bitch, don't know if she's purebred (apparently the 8 month age suggested is from a vet) and we have no idea what has mated her.....

Can anyone here take on this girl?

I have suggested that the best thing to do would be to desex her (aborting the pups at the same time) but the real issue is that she is essentially a stray (not chipped) and gawd knows when she's due to whelp. :eek:

What to do?

Any ideas? :)

This isn't right. Pounds have to keep animals for the required period of time before disposal. Even then the dog may still be sold and not put to sleep.

Which pound are you accusing of this?

This dog must be taken to the pound. The owner might be looking for it. It is wrong to give this dog to an organisation to be sold while its owners may be looking for it.

I agree, but that is irrelevant. Legally, she must go to the pound. She may have been wandering for some time, she may have been stolen, etc.

Yes she must.

I find it outrageous that an organisation would sell a dog that they do not own. How irresponsible. There is a correct legal way to do things, and then there is this way.

I bet if she wasn't a young lab people wouldn't be so eager to get their hands on her. She should bring in a few hundred.

I bet if she wasn't a young lab people wouldn't be so eager to get their hands on her. She should bring in a few hundred.

Wouldn't matter to me if she were 8 months or 8 years, my offer would STILL stand. The assumption that money motivates my offer is somewhat distatsteful to me.

Perhaps read my offer again. I mention PLACING puppies....not SELLING puppies. I also mention giving the girl a forever home if she fits in here.....finding her a forever home if she doesn't. Nowhere is money mentioned.

Wouldn't matter to me if she were 8 months or 8 years, my offer would STILL stand. The assumption that money motivates my offer is somewhat distatsteful to me.

Perhaps read my offer again. I mention PLACING puppies....not SELLING puppies. I also mention giving the girl a forever home if she fits in here.....finding her a forever home if she doesn't. Nowhere is money mentioned.

Placing or selling, no difference to me or to the law.

Given that this dog belongs to somebody else, why not head over to the rescue forum and offer a home to a dog that needs one now? There are probably some 8 year olds that don't have the same cash value as young labs, but still need help.

No wonder people don't want to help if this is how they are treated.

My offer still stands, no matter how distasteful it may seem to you. I'm sure others will see it in the spirit in which it has been offered.

Greytmate, not everybody had an ulterior motive as to why they would care for a dog. Most of us have over the years and received nothing but the satisfaction of helping.

Greytmate, not everybody had an ulterior motive as to why they would care for a dog. Most of us have over the years and received nothing but the satisfaction of helping.

Thanks Oakway but it would seem that Greytmate has knowledge about me and my motives that I don't know about myself! :)

There are always dogs available for rescue, but bitches in whelp do require special care which I do believe I am qualified for. But never mind, I won't bother offering again.

I'll just go and pat my GAP greyhound and remind him how lucky he is that I took him on with profit in mind!