Frozen Puppiesdot Com

Blakbelgian

Friend of mine had semen relocated and was not informed and found out by ACCIDENT where it was....apparently the semen had been moved for some time....and yes we were told that GT really doesn't give a shit....why take over a business that deals in semen storage and services if this were the case?

(I miss ICSB services!! and wish I could win the lottery and get this going for us)

I'm SO glad I was dragging my heels about moving over my shipment from Spain! I've looked into local storage (much cheaper and just exactly the same enviroment) and will be sourcing out a competant vet when it comes time to use it.....such a shame that suddenly we breeders are dragged backwards. We have fantastic technology to use to breed with, in a place where importing is SO costly due to quarantine rules....and now we're being held back again....very frustrating!

My vague understanding is that FP at Calga is still operating but under a new name ? don't quote me on that, its only what I've heard.

We are still hopeful ours will be found, the new facility are doing a stocktake of tank contents and documentation tomorrow.

I just want ours and other people's irreplaceable breeding material to be safely located in good condition.

fifi

Thanks for that Fifi, very much appreciated :D

a freind of mine has semen stored with them, she isnt on the internet I will give her a call and tell her whats going on incase she hasnt ben informed by them,

its all a very stressful worrying time for everyone involved, and it all could have been so easily avoided...very sad state of affairs :)

:laugh: YAY !!! after a stocktake this morning, our semen has been located in the tanks at Gerry King's facility, along with the paperwork :laugh:

They are sending me a full report on the semen next week.

What a relief !!!

I can only hope people like Missymoo's friend have a similar outcome.

fifi

:laugh: YAY !!! after a stocktake this morning, our semen has been located in the tanks at Gerry King's facility, along with the paperwork :laugh:

They are sending me a full report on the semen next week.

What a relief !!!

I can only hope people like Missymoo's friend have a similar outcome.

fifi

:) You must be so relieved. Jerry's an excellant vet,

As an aside I thought he'd moved on from Morten Greencross to Springfield Lakes?

Frozen Puppies at Calga on the central coast is still going. It is now opperating as Rocky Ridge Canine Breeding Facility. The second ph number on the FP website works. I am going tomorrow to drop a bitch off

Rocky Ridge have not taken over, they have always been there, since before Frozen Puppies started. Their facility is in the same building at Calga, but you need to arrange to have the semen shifted from the Frozen Puppies tank to the Rocky Ridge one, with the appropriate paper work, if you want to change to Rocky Ridge for storage. They are two different companies that just happen to share the same building.

Frozen Puppies at Calga on the central coast is still going. It is now opperating as Rocky Ridge Canine Breeding Facility. The second ph number on the FP website works. I am going tomorrow to drop a bitch off

Rocky Ridge have not taken over, they have always been there, since before Frozen Puppies started. Their facility is in the same building at Calga, but you need to arrange to have the semen shifted from the Frozen Puppies tank to the Rocky Ridge one, with the appropriate paper work, if you want to change to Rocky Ridge for storage. They are two different companies that just happen to share the same building.

I had a mild moment of panic when I tried the first phone number the other day and it didn't work, but as Shantiah said you can get through on the 2nd one. They sound like they are still up and going - fingers crossed it stays that way.

Up to now I have resisted joining in this thread. I to am affected by the *gtg* debarcal.

I am extreamly lucky in that my semen was stored at Calga, so stays with Rocky Ridge

Cheers

Linda

Edit to romove some content

Edited by zoiboy

aaahhhh...the 'personal leave taking' !!! funny how many emails were coming back from gt with the 'I'm on leave' tag once I began to question where my semen was ! and playing 'phone tag' with people who never got back to me too !

I would have joined you in a heartbeat regarding the class action, but luckily for me, mine has finally been located and hopefully documention on its way from the new QLD facility.

I hope you have a successful outcome, I was too stunned to even become angry with gt at their lack of support/service. But there absolutley needs to be some kind of consequences for their cavalier attitude to priceless breeding material.

all fingers crossed for you, I'm so glad your imported semen can be replaced at this stage. My heart goes out to those who have permanently lost their breeding future :-(

fifi

edited to add stuff !

Edited by fifi

Hi Zoi,

I've had some correspondence with them over the past couple of days, but regarding my semen in QLD.

I don't have any in transit through FP/GT from overseas at present.

fifi

Edited by fifi

You know what I find interesting, the fact that I post the message above and within 24 hours I get an email from Gt to ask if I wish to make alternative arrangments for the collection.

Now to start new research.

Cheers

Linda