Dog Wash Wipes

swain

check to see if they are alcohol and perfume free but they are pretty much a waste of time and money. If your dogs smells enough to need a bath, then give it a bath. If your dog gets dirty between baths, wet a towel with hot water, wring it out well and wipe the dog over with that.

What you feed your dog will make a big difference to it's skin condition and if the dog has that " doggy smell".

When you do bath the dog, use a quality shampoo and make sure you dry thoroughly.

I don't think they are that great. Okay for cleaning up a small mess here and there (though a warm flannel or a baby wipe is just as good), but if you are wanting to clean and freshen up a whole dog you'd be better off with a dry shampoo or deoderising spray IMO.

check to see if they are alcohol and perfume free but they are pretty much a waste of time and money. If your dogs smells enough to need a bath, then give it a bath. If your dog gets dirty between baths, wet a towel with hot water, wring it out well and wipe the dog over with that.

What you feed your dog will make a big difference to it's skin condition and if the dog has that " doggy smell".

When you do bath the dog, use a quality shampoo and make sure you dry thoroughly.

+1

I do exactly this. I tried those wipes and found them completeley useless.

We won some of the Fido's brand ones and used them at a show after a kid kinly put tomoato sauce on my dogs head seconds before going in the ring as i had the wipes i wiped it off and wiped down my dogs back by the time we got out of the ring what all of 3 minutes she was covered in hives needless to say they went in the closest bin....

As another DOLer suggested to me, rub some aloveen conditioner into the coat in between washes. It smells yummy and helps to keep that fresh feeling in between. A regular brush can go a long way too.

I do this and it works well. I rub the conditioner in my hands with a few drops of water to make it thinner, rub over my dog and then brush through.