Have You Ever Had To Ask Your Dog...

moosepup

Angus, while chasing swallows in a friends 2 acre yard, disappeared behind the house for about 5 minutes. When I called and he didn't come, I went to investigate and found him standing with one front leg stuck through his collar, up to the elbow. :happydance: No idea how he managed it but needless to say he is never left unattended with a collar on.

He also let himself out of his crate with the spring loaded door at a show and took himself shopping for a new bed at the Great Rugs stand. :dancingelephant: The crate now gets padlocked if I walk away from it at all.

Forgot to mention that when he got his leg stuck in the collar, it was wedged so tight, we had to cut the collar off to release the leg before it cut off the circulation.

:)

I remember when Charlie was barely 3 months old, he got lost in the pillow case (with the pillow in there).. when he goes exploring on the bed as a pup. I come out of the shower and see my pillow bouncing around on the bed. When I got him out, he gave me the look saying 'Aww, ma, i was having fun in there' and tries to go back into the pillow case!

My lil Rosie is gaining the reputation of "doona ferret" This winter she has got the habit of wriggling down the doona nose first and getting cosy spooning me under the cover. It all got unstuck last week...it musta been extra cold cos I woke up to the sensation of my doona ferret heading down the back of my jammies!!!!! :)

Yes! A family beagle was so smart, would get home, he actually moved the breakfast chair all the way to the fridge to then get on the counter so he can get up high (the bread used to be left on top of the fridge) and eat the whole loaf of bread. Very bad I know but was just too smart for anyone. Who would have thought?

He used to raid the kitchen until it was padlocked. :)

Edited by adza_baby

My lil Rosie is gaining the reputation of "doona ferret" This winter she has got the habit of wriggling down the doona nose first and getting cosy spooning me under the cover. It all got unstuck last week...it musta been extra cold cos I woke up to the sensation of my doona ferret heading down the back of my jammies!!!!! :)

:laugh::o

I recall coming home one afternoon to find we were one wire haired dacshund down when I was a kid...

A frantic search of the yard and much calling and eventually we heard some whimpering from above

Somehow one of the dogs had managed to climb a banana tree and was clinging on with all his might paws wrapped around the branch for dear life

I will never understand how he ended up there?

He was always a bit 'special' that one...hence his nickname the dipper

I've lost Oscar inside the doona cover a few times :provoke: Once the poor bugger got his head stuck between the buttons at the end of it.

On Saturday night he managed to jump into our bed and wriggle under the fitted sheet :hug:

:laugh: great stories!!! just what I needed!!!

brings back a memory of my old family dog caught red handed with a empty potato chip bag on stuck her head, wasnt so much she had the bag on her head but more that she was sitting there so cool calm and collected about it, almost as if she was like 'what chip bag???!!!! so funny ;)

I remember when my family got a new puppy I hadn't yet met so I raced home from netball expecting her to be in the laundry. Found her in the empty laundry basket (about a metre high) ;) Thought it was a rather weird place to keep a puppy but after asking my parents we came to the conclusion that she had pulled it over then walked into it and her weight caused it to become upright again and trapping her. Poor thing!

My lil Rosie is gaining the reputation of "doona ferret" This winter she has got the habit of wriggling down the doona nose first and getting cosy spooning me under the cover. It all got unstuck last week...it musta been extra cold cos I woke up to the sensation of my doona ferret heading down the back of my jammies!!!!! ;)

oh i nearly spat out my diet coke :laugh::laugh::rofl: