Have You Ever Had To Ask Your Dog...

moosepup

Last night I was lying in bed reading with Moose curled up at my side (beneath doona) as usual. So eventually I get tired, turn the light off and start moving around to get comfortable, and so does Moose. He disappeared down to somewhere near my legs so I swept them side so side to see where he went. No Moose. I'm sure he didn't hop off the bed (he's small so it's hard to tell) so I start patting the mattress and calling his name. Eventually he starts moving up the mattress towards my head, albeit very slowly. Once he reached my head I tried to lift the doona up to get it over his head. Couldn't do it. 'What the?' I thought. It took me a few seconds to realise he was inside the doona cover!!! :o

So I get out of bed and turn the light on. Open the doona cover and find him trapped at the end furiously digging away trying to get out. He must've been so frantic that he couldn't hear me calling him (or I was laughing too much!) so I had to go in and retrieve him. I can only describe his face as 'cripes, there you are mum!'. It wouldn't have been easy for him to pull this off so I think it was just a fluke!

Here's the little porkchop this morning, I think he's still recovering!

post-27684-1281745641_thumb.jpg

:o:rofl: Poor little thing!

As far as 'how did you manage that?' I ask my Stafford boy that every day when it comes to the extent of the damage he can do when well exercised and only left for a short period. He's a wonder dog at home renovations. :D

Last night I was lying in bed reading with Moose curled up at my side (beneath doona) as usual. So eventually I get tired, turn the light off and start moving around to get comfortable, and so does Moose. He disappeared down to somewhere near my legs so I swept them side so side to see where he went. No Moose. I'm sure he didn't hop off the bed (he's small so it's hard to tell) so I start patting the mattress and calling his name. Eventually he starts moving up the mattress towards my head, albeit very slowly. Once he reached my head I tried to lift the doona up to get it over his head. Couldn't do it. 'What the?' I thought. It took me a few seconds to realise he was inside the doona cover!!! :confused:

So I get out of bed and turn the light on. Open the doona cover and find him trapped at the end furiously digging away trying to get out. He must've been so frantic that he couldn't hear me calling him (or I was laughing too much!) so I had to go in and retrieve him. I can only describe his face as 'cripes, there you are mum!'. It wouldn't have been easy for him to pull this off so I think it was just a fluke!

Here's the little porkchop this morning, I think he's still recovering!

post-27684-1281745641_thumb.jpg

Yes I have had to ask that question ! We have a proper garden hose hanger attached to the wall of the house and the hose is hung against the wall nice and neatly. The first time I went out after we had got the new pointer who was one year at the time, I came home to no dogs at the gate so as I got out of the car I was worried and thinking uh oh and then as soon as he heard me at the gate he started screaming his head off and I of course thought he had half killed himself. I rushed to the back of the house to find him with the garden hose around his tummy and he was hanging on the wall with his legs running for all they were worth in mid air ! I was laughing so hard it was really difficult to get him down ! I have NO IDEA how he got there !

Yes, every day.

As Clyde has mentioned, when you have Staffordshire Bull Terriers each and every day is yet another in which your dog can completely and utterly amaze and bamboozle you with what appears to be their "normal" behaviour! :confused:

Yep...Jane is a 'how did you do that' dog!

How does she get into the fridge via the vegi drawer even though the vegi drawer had a child proof lock on it and then proceed to eat the contents of the fridge through the small gap between the vegi drawer and the fridge!!! So much food in fact that I had to go to the vets after hours for an injection to make her vomit!

And how does she know that by pulling the tee-towel which is under the plate of food, the plate will come closer to her so she can jump up and get it! Not at all interested in the tee-towel on its own though!

And how the hell did she get her head stuck in the doona cover after sleeping under it all night! Just her big fat head so she is sitting on the bed wagging her tail with a queen size woollen doona attached from the neck up!

Angus, while chasing swallows in a friends 2 acre yard, disappeared behind the house for about 5 minutes. When I called and he didn't come, I went to investigate and found him standing with one front leg stuck through his collar, up to the elbow. :eek: No idea how he managed it but needless to say he is never left unattended with a collar on.

He also let himself out of his crate with the spring loaded door at a show and took himself shopping for a new bed at the Great Rugs stand. :eek: The crate now gets padlocked if I walk away from it at all.

Sounds like there's a few of us with 'special' dogs. :eek:

My Tentie has been trapped in the doona cover like moose was, so funny the look of relief when he finds the exit :eek:

Moose was so far in there I think he would've given up and stayed in there if I didn't rescue him. :eek: I'm beginning to think that perhaps Chihuahua + king size doona could be a worrisome mix!

Edited by moosepup

Yep...Jane is a 'how did you do that' dog!

How does she get into the fridge via the vegi drawer even though the vegi drawer had a child proof lock on it and then proceed to eat the contents of the fridge through the small gap between the vegi drawer and the fridge!!! So much food in fact that I had to go to the vets after hours for an injection to make her vomit!

And how does she know that by pulling the tee-towel which is under the plate of food, the plate will come closer to her so she can jump up and get it! Not at all interested in the tee-towel on its own though!

Answer = LAB

At 9 weeks old (when he was smaller and easier to carry), Morrison made his way upstairs, after we had put him to bed.

Parents weren't downstsiars, so they couldn't have let him come up, and me and my sister were upstairs the whole time.

Went down to the rumpus room to figure out how he did it. My dad noticed that the couch was near the barricade. Said he must have jumped onto the couch and climbed to it's highest point, and jumped over the barricade.

Kind of our fault, we probably shouldn't have taught him how to get up on the couch.