What Do I Do With The Papers?

Crazy Daisy

I have been showing and looking after a beautiful Golden who is now going to a pet home. Rather than him going on a long trip back to his breeder in Sydney she found a great family down the road in Brisbane.

Now what do I do with his papers? He has been transferred into my name so I could show him so is currently registered with Dogs Qld.

Do I need to fill out the new owners details on the back and write somewhere that he has gone to a pet home? Do I have to pay the transfer fee again to put the dog in the new owners name?

Thanks

When I transfered a pup of mine I filled out the back of his pedigree and also had the new owners sign the limited reg agreement and sent that all in to the CCCQ. They then issued the new papers straight to the owner.

The breeder will need to complete the down grade from main to limit. I would make sure that is done to protect the breeder in the future. If you and the breeder think the dogs ring days are over for whatever reason, the down grade will make sure it stays that way and a dog that has been retired, doesn't pop back up in the neuter class.

If the dog was sent to you for show only & no transactions etc etc & the fact the breeder is the one who has obviously dealt with seeking new owners i would send the paperwork back to the breeder for them to do as they wish with.

I wandered in recently and asked to downgrade one of mine from main to limit. was not too impressed at how much they want to down grade?

considering how much u pay for a MR wasnt expecting such a hefty charge to change it. interestinly if u have a stallion regisered, the downgrade to gelding is FREE?

muggins thought it would be the same with dogs, learn something new every day dont u,

Thank you all for your help. I have now spoken with Dogs QLD and they said if I send in the transfer papers, limited registered agreement and a letter from the breeder asking him to be down graded then I only have to pay the one off transfer fee of $23.

Thanks Ready Set Go, I didn't think about neuter classes.

Thanks TeamSnag, I can sign the pedigree papers as he is currently in my name. I just needed a letter from the breeder to down grade him.

Thanks again

I have recently rehomed one of my girls. She was an ex show dog and an aussie champ. She was desexed last year anyway so that wasnt an issue.

As per regulations with our canine control her papers were filled in and transferred and they duly received the papers in their name.

Edited by stonebridge

Is the dog getting desexed? If so, can they pay you to desex the dog and it goes to them desexed?

Then you would be able to transfer the papers to them without any issue. It will be main reg, but will not matter.

It does matter if you do not wish to see the dog or bitch in the ring ever again.