My Dog Pees On His Front Legs

Hi guys

My dog recently developed a habit of peeing in such a way that he manages to pee on his front leg. He probably learnt it from watching my parents dogs raise their legs because we left him with them for a month when my wife and i went on overseas holiday. But he seems not to do it properly.

Is there anything i can do to make him stop this. He is a house dog predominantly and I like letting him go on our couch. But now i feel like he is dirty so i have to wash his front legs regularly.

Thanks.

Charlie does sometimes.. but that's because he forgets to stop and pee :) and how his body curves when he goes does his business when he squats. Usually he cock his leg up, but when he squats to do his business.. it can get messy.

Yes, we give his legs a wash regularly too. There isn't anything I can really do about it but wash his legs all the time.

Yes, my big Bullmastiff boy pees on his legs and even if the stream isn't directly on the back of his front leg, pee splashes up there anyway.

I can't imagine how I could train him to pee differently but maybe you could make little waterproof boots for outside and take them off before he comes in? :provoke:

My entire BC does this - can't get the angle quite right. He has improved a bit since he has been used, especially when he is out as he seems to think he has to get that scent up as high as possible, but I am not recomending breeding as a cure.

I just wash legs now as a matter of habit.

Anyone would think you own Whippets!!

Howie's better than he used to be but frequent leg washing and pretreatment with Ice on Ice is how I manage it.

Lewis has only hit is front leg once I have seen ( and that is because he was rushing it to go and play and walked while peeing!) and as they are white I would most likely notice I think anyway. He cockes his leg and sometime does a funny twisty squat thing, but still misses.

I am not quite sure how you would go about trying to train it differently????

At home Finn is fine but at a dog show he is hopeless. He will cock his leg and start to pee then something grabs his attention so he starts walking while still peeing and gets his front legs. I keep baby wipes in my grooming kit to wipe his front legs. I buy the cheaper, no perfume Aldi ones, they stay moist till the end of the packet and are so cheap you don't mind using one each time he pees.

Keep a pack near where he comes inside and give a wipe, he will smell clean all the time then.

At home Finn is fine but at a dog show he is hopeless. He will cock his leg and start to pee then something grabs his attention so he starts walking while still peeing and gets his front legs. I keep baby wipes in my grooming kit to wipe his front legs. I buy the cheaper, no perfume Aldi ones, they stay moist till the end of the packet and are so cheap you don't mind using one each time he pees.

Keep a pack near where he comes inside and give a wipe, he will smell clean all the time then.

Plush Puppy Wonder Wash is my preferred show treatment for pee legs. Spray on, work it in, wipe it off. Fantastic stuff. :)