Is She Pure Or What Does She Have In Her?

Sunnyflower

Hey Guys,

We may be having an extra four legs joining our camp and we are pretty excited about it! She was a mans dog that lived in a caravan park that left her changed up outside all day and in the rain, a friends sister grabbed her about 5 months ago as he was leaving town and going to dump her. they've been trying to find her a new home as they already have 3 dogs but the partner is getting rather attached.

No training or known vet work but she already lives with 2 little dogs and is an absolute sweetheart and basically just a pup. She would be roughly 10 months old now.

I'm just wondering if you think she is pure or what else she might have in her? I don't think she is pure but really wouldn't have a clue what else could be in her? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys.

Oh and her name is Daisy. (Not sure if we will keep that though)

post-28053-1282184314_thumb.jpg

post-28053-1282184330_thumb.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fairly common cross is Bullmastiff x Great Dane which leads to the thinner head like this girl has. But it's really hard to say at such a young age (she might be a slow maturer).

I'd refer to her as a "Bullmastiff cross" (i.e. just don't bother guessing what else).

whatever she is she is GORGEOUS!!! :laugh:

:) we think she is pretty gorgeous as well!

whatever she is she is GORGEOUS!!! :laugh:

Ditto!

I actually like a dainty flower name for big sweetheart girls like this. Daisy or Lily or whatever.

I like dainty names too but for some reason I have never liked the name Daisy. We'll see how it goes, if they have only just renamed her recently then we'll seriously think about changing it.

Very similiar to both of our old Great Dane cross Bullmastiffs that we have had, aka knee leaners :laugh:

:laugh: haha that's something to look forward to!

Casowner I understand every dog is different but did you find that they were quick learners and attentive or a little on the lazy side?

I like dainty names too but for some reason I have never liked the name Daisy. We'll see how it goes, if they have only just renamed her recently then we'll seriously think about changing it.

I've adopted tibs at 3 yrs and 2 at 8 yrs, and have changed their names. It's surprising how quickly dogs answer to a new name.

But I agree with you about seeing how it goes, because our latest girl at nearly 4 yrs, was so much like her existing name, that I wouldn't dream of changing it.

Keep those pics coming, tho'. She's adorable.

remember - a name for a dog is simply a command. They don't realise it is a name - it just means "Look at me" or "Pay attention" basically.. so if you plan on obedience of any sort, then you'll be giving new commands anyway - what's one extra for a "name" :laugh:

She looks like she needs an older style human name... Alice, Molly, Ester, Ruby, Lulu, Lola, Toola, Tabitha,

I like the name Molly but I've already named my car that :laugh: . We have a friend called Ester and I had a horse called Ruby. My partner wants to call her Caramel Latte :laugh: we are a mildly obsessed coffee addicts though. (She wont be getting called that)

I've adopted tibs at 3 yrs and 2 at 8 yrs, and have changed their names. It's surprising how quickly dogs answer to a new name.

But I agree with you about seeing how it goes, because our latest girl at nearly 4 yrs, was so much like her existing name, that I wouldn't dream of changing it.

Keep those pics coming, tho'. She's adorable.

That's comforting to know, I sometimes think I am mean in even considering changing names but I just don't like Daisy. If it's her then I guess we have a Daisy. :laugh:

What a big GORGEOUS girl!!!!! ;) :laugh:

Good luck with her and have lots of fun!!

Thank you Luvlottie. We were told she was getting dropped of on Saturday but her partner has thrown a spanner in the works by not wanting her to go, but I am confident in thinking she will be ours considering he is overseas, she is in a wheel chair from breaking her leg and they already have three dogs.. Fingers crossed

remember - a name for a dog is simply a command. They don't realise it is a name - it just means "Look at me" or "Pay attention" basically.. so if you plan on obedience of any sort, then you'll be giving new commands anyway - what's one extra for a "name" :laugh:

Tianakaesha I had never actually thought of that but that is a great way to put it! Here I am naming my car that's how personal it comes for me :) but definitely a thought to keep as we both don't like Daisy.

I have found that they are incredibly loyal, heavy, loving and it took them about 60 seconds to realise that I have said something to them :laugh:

They are also very comfy pillows when laying on the floor

She looks like a Daisy or Poppy to me ;) but they are my fave names

OMG I just noticed you don't like the name Daisy :) I take it back they are smelly, dirty, naughty and hate cuddles :laugh:

:laugh:

Edited by casowner