Dogg Food Where Do You Get It From

Sue Brown

Same same for pookinuk.

Although It took 10 days for mine to arrive due to being out of stock and a little slow to reply to my emails

they sent out 3 smaller bags which added up to more.

Eagle Pack should be making it's way back to stores soon.

Will be arriving in dribs and drabs but there are 6 containers on their way.

I haven't used this company yet, but they replied very promptly when I enquired about irradiated imported food (none of it is irradiated any more they said :) )

They seems to have a good range of food :rofl:

http://www.naturalpetstore.com.au/p/6/3/dry-dog-food/adult/

I use this website to buy Holistic Select and ZiwiPeak regularly. They are very good. Excellent service and prompt delivery. If something is out of stock they go out of their way to help you find an alternative.

Edited by Odin-Genie

Hello everyone

This is my first post and I have a few dog food questions as I find it very confusing. Any help would be appreciated. We have a 4 year English Cocker, Belle, who's prone to being a little overweight. She has about a 45-1 hour walk a day but does send a lot of time snoozing around the house. She's rather timid and is more of a sniffer and potterer than a chaser so she doesn't work up a big sweat. I'm feeding her Hill's light but I've become disillusioned when I look a the ingredients. Whole grain corn is the first ingredient and chicken is only third and then it's a bye product. Everywhere I read meat should be the first ingredient so I'm think of changing - but to which brand? Ziwi peak is too expensive by the way. I've noticed Advance and Pro Plan have meat as the first ingredient but haven't checked them all yet, it's hard to know which will give the best results.

Regarding online stores I've done a fair bit of research and haver some sites cheat the RRP price to make their savings look better than they are! Everythingpet.com.au for example - they're trying to con us so I'll never use them. Pookinuk and Fetchboy have the same RRP so that would seem the right one and for us in Melbourne Fetchboy have free delivery and their prices are lower on everything so I'll be giving them a go and I'll report back if they're good. I just need to know which food to buy!

Thanks

Hello everyone

This is my first post and I have a few dog food questions as I find it very confusing. Any help would be appreciated. We have a 4 year English Cocker, Belle, who's prone to being a little overweight. She has about a 45-1 hour walk a day but does send a lot of time snoozing around the house. She's rather timid and is more of a sniffer and potterer than a chaser so she doesn't work up a big sweat. I'm feeding her Hill's light but I've become disillusioned when I look a the ingredients. Whole grain corn is the first ingredient and chicken is only third and then it's a bye product. Everywhere I read meat should be the first ingredient so I'm think of changing - but to which brand? Ziwi peak is too expensive by the way. I've noticed Advance and Pro Plan have meat as the first ingredient but haven't checked them all yet, it's hard to know which will give the best results.

Regarding online stores I've done a fair bit of research and haver some sites cheat the RRP price to make their savings look better than they are! Everythingpet.com.au for example - they're trying to con us so I'll never use them. Pookinuk and Fetchboy have the same RRP so that would seem the right one and for us in Melbourne Fetchboy have free delivery and their prices are lower on everything so I'll be giving them a go and I'll report back if they're good. I just need to know which food to buy!

Thanks

Any premium weight loss or seniors food would be suitable. Try Artemis or perhaps the Canidae Platinum. They are both on the Pookinuk website.

Thanks everyone for your replies I will have a shop around for the eagle pack ( when it's back in stock )

Does anyone know why stocks were low?

I thought it was a supply and demand problem :love:

They have excellent customer service so if you email them they will get back to you within 24 hours.

They will also tell you which store has stock. There seems to be more EP available in NSW than Vic.

Thanks everyone for your replies I will have a shop around for the eagle pack ( when it's back in stock )

Does anyone know why stocks were low?

I thought it was a supply and demand problem :o

They have excellent customer service so if you email them they will get back to you within 24 hours.

They will also tell you which store has stock. There seems to be more EP available in NSW than Vic.

They just aren't bringing enough into the country. Our wholesaler has told us they'd love to increase their EP stocks by 10 but that EP just won't supply them with that much food, so what they are supplied with is sold very quickly and again they're left with nothing until the next container.

It's very very frustrating.

Hi all

I've been researching the best dog foods and consistently Eagle Pack and Holistic Select get excellent reviews whilst the other major brands get a pasting. I've always fed Hill's SD to our Cocker, without any issues it has to be said, but I'm feeling strongly that I'll move my dog over to one of the Eagle Pack ranges. Hill's does get some very poor reviews about the quality of their ingredients but is what concerned me when I looked at the Light product I use. Can anyone explain what the difference is between the two Eagle Pack ranges - is Holistic just fancier ingredients or is there a genuine benefit?

Thanks

I was looking for an online supplier for the eagle pack holistic Duck and was wondering where others buy from.

I seen there was a new advertiser here called fetchboy, who has the Eagle pack has anyone bought from them?

Hi Sue

In reply to your initial question I made a small order to Fetch Boy on Thursday. I wanted to try them out as like you I hadn't seen them before but they're in Melbourne and have free delivery and pretty good prices. Happy to report the delivery arrived today and everything in order as well as the free frisbee! No Eagle Pack at the moment though.

Hi all

I've been researching the best dog foods and consistently Eagle Pack and Holistic Select get excellent reviews whilst the other major brands get a pasting. I've always fed Hill's SD to our Cocker, without any issues it has to be said, but I'm feeling strongly that I'll move my dog over to one of the Eagle Pack ranges. Hill's does get some very poor reviews about the quality of their ingredients but is what concerned me when I looked at the Light product I use. Can anyone explain what the difference is between the two Eagle Pack ranges - is Holistic just fancier ingredients or is there a genuine benefit?

Thanks

I am wondering how Royal Canin stacks up in food reviews.........any ideas :laugh:

Hi malsrock

I just did a Google search on 'dog food' and have a browse. Below is one link I found, seems independent but you never quite know. You'll see Eagle Pack does get good reviews compared to the other bigger brands.

http://dogfoodchat.com/royal-canin-dog-food/

Personally I'm changing from Hill's to Eagle Pack.

Sezling - Where did you see the Pet Stock 20% sale? Can't see it online, is it store only? Looking it the online prices they have they're a lot more expensive than the Fetchboy site I've been looking at - advertised on this forum, check it out.

I had always sourced my Holistic Select from my local Petstock, and managed to avoid any supply problems until this most recent shortage. I'm extra frustrated at the moment, because I am due to receive a free 13.6kg bag via the loyalty program they have, and my store isn't receiving any with their deliveries. They aren't even informed as to whether or not they CAN get any until they actually have their invoice in their hands, which usually has lots of 'zeros' on it!

The latest information I have been given, is that 6 shipping containers are 'en route' as we speak, and were due to arrive late August-mid September. Of these, 4 were headed for NSW, and 2 to VIC. It does seem that there has been a surge in popularity, and the Australian Eagle Pack headquarters have grossly underestimated demand.

When I couldn't get what I needed from Petstock, I also had to start a new search, and ended up using Pet's Pantry http://www.petspantry.com.au/ Michael was great, he found 2 x 6.8kg bags of the Lamb variety, and delivered them on the same day I ordered for the price of the 13.6kg bag. These are now almost empty, and my Petstock still has no stock, so I had to call Michael again today, and all I could get was 13.6kg of the Duck variety, but once again, he delivered it today, and I called at 2pm! I believe he still had some stock of the Chicken and Seafood varieties left.

Now I just have to keep calling Petstock in hope of getting my free bag!