First Attempt With Dslr

Sankari

Aww thanks. She's always so happy in the photos making her the perfect subject :)

I quite like how they've turned out considering i've never used a DSLR before!! I am loving the new toy, never going back to compact cameras again!

Edited by LucyCharzie

I like the 2nd and 3rd best. I dont think they are completely in focus though and if they were they'd be really really good. What settings and what lens were you using? Did you download the CD with zoombrowser and DPP that came with the camera onto you computer? If so you can see where your focus points were, although it's not always an indication that you had focus, cause I've had it show it's in focus on there when clearly it's not.

You've got a gorgeous subject who doesn't seem to mind being photographed so I know we'll be seeing lots more of her. :)

I was using the 18-55mm and the 50mm 1.8 lenses:) which number on the screen means focus?

I have no idea how to change the focus :rofl: I havent even opened the instruction manual yet! I downloaded the software that came with it I just dont know how to use it. I am a HUGE newbie at software it confuses me and i give up! I have enrolled in a photography course so hopefully that will help me to some extent!

I feel a bit dumb asking these questions and not knowing anything about photography :)

Edited by LucyCharzie

Ah I found the button to press on the ZoomBrowser program to tell me what settings I had used!

The third photo was on

50mm Focal length

ISO 160

AV 4.0

TV 1/500

and the setting was on Close Up - should I be using a different setting and just get closer to her?

where did I go wrong?

I was using the 18-55mm and the 50mm 1.8 lenses:) which number on the screen means focus?

I have no idea how to change the focus :thumbsup: I havent even opened the instruction manual yet! I downloaded the software that came with it I just dont know how to use it. I am a HUGE newbie at software it confuses me and i give up! I have enrolled in a photography course so hopefully that will help me to some extent!

I feel a bit dumb asking these questions and not knowing anything about photography :thumbsup:

have a read of what kja wrote here. She's explained it really well with beginners in mind.

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=203571

I havent used the 50mm again :thumbsup: I want to get used to using the camera first i think.

Which brings me to my next question... I mucked around with settings yesterday and they're in RAW format and I cant view them on my computer, can anyone tell me how to fix it! I was photographer at the rabbit show and everyone wants copies of photos of their rabbits. Which program do i do it in? I'm completely confused how to change it! :thumbsup:

I havent used the 50mm again :thumbsup: I want to get used to using the camera first i think.

Which brings me to my next question... I mucked around with settings yesterday and they're in RAW format and I cant view them on my computer, can anyone tell me how to fix it! I was photographer at the rabbit show and everyone wants copies of photos of their rabbits. Which program do i do it in? I'm completely confused how to change it! :thumbsup:

Have you got a Canon? If so the only way I know to do it is to use DPP which is on the disc you buy with Canon. You convert and save using DPP

• 2 months later...