Another Worthless Human

Gilypoo

I suspect she endured the war in Croatia. I could imagine that would scar a person mentally enough to be disconnected with their feelings.

That child is nowhere near old enough to have endured any such mental scarring and guess what? even if that was so you would think that she of all people would have even more compassion for defenceless animals instead of being such a despicable being. Can't find it in me to make any excuses for that maggot.

I'm guessing forgiveness and trying to understand others isn't a part of your ideal world either?

Suggesting that you hope a child gets raped and brutally murdered has got to be one of the most utterly disgusting things I have ever had the misfortune to read on this forum :rofl:

Rape was never something that I wished upon her so please do not put words in my mouth; I may have mentioned Jack the Ripper but I was not thinking of rape as I am not of the knowledge that Jack the Ripper was a rapist. I said that in a moment of total disgust and despair so hence I do not wish for her to be mutilated which is what JTR was known for; However, I am not ashamed to say that I hope her life is one of unhappiness and total misery. As a clinical psychologist I have dealt with all walks of life and know only too well that not all cases of animal cruelty are due to a dysfunctional upbringing or some sad occurance, some people are just born plain evil so therefore I am beyond trying to constantly make excuses for such atrocities because more often than not there are NO EXCUSES! The perpetrators are simply evil and a waste of oxygen and that is the tragic part!

How very scary to let you near people as a psychologist, when you condone throwing children/kids into a river, or condemning them to a life of hell.

I've had a fair bit of dealings with Clinical Psychologists and all I can say is I'm glad your not practising in this country.

As educated people I don't see how so many of the people "out for violent revenge" seem to think that just because others don't want to see the offender harmed it means that they are condoning what she did?

Nowhere have I seen anyone state that what she did is forgivable.

Actually given that I reside in Victoria it goes to say that I am practicing in this country.

There are other posters who are also of the opinion that she should be treated accordingly; I also realise that nobody has condoned her actions although some have made excuses as to why she may have done it. Look, basically I am at a stage in my life in which I just have no time for callous acts of cruelty and although I personally would never inflict any revenge myself I would not lose sleep either if these cruel individuals were being dealt with. An eye for an eye...plainly put.

My apologies there are so many quote overlaps I thought you were from OS. ;)

Look I'm sure you would be a very nice and interesting person if we were discussing something with less emotional polarity....but it does worry me that you are working in a field that is supposed to help people and that you have such a strong prior judgement of people that no one damaged is likely to get any unbiased counselling from you??

I've seen this happen in the field of social work, people get very depressed and dispondent, that's when they are in desperate need of a career change. I'd hate to think someone is coming to you or has been brought to you for help and that you have already classed them as "a waste of space/oxygen". Have you considered counselling yourself??? I've often seen that people such as yourself need someone to vent with or they can become discompassonate themselves.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will answer your question....how do we punish adult perpetrators? it's called CAPITAL PUNISHMENT.

And what about people who are convicted of murder and then later found to be innocent?

I'm afraid I'm going to have to side with Alan Gell on this one. Until you can guarantee guilt (beyond any doubt) capital punishment will always bring with it the risk of killing innocent people and that is never an acceptable risk.

I will answer your question....how do we punish adult perpetrators? it's called CAPITAL PUNISHMENT.

And what about people who are convicted of murder and then later found to be innocent?

I'm afraid I'm going to have to side with Alan Gell on this one. Until you can guarantee guilt (beyond any doubt) capital punishment will always bring with it the risk of killing innocent people and that is never an acceptable risk.

The days of innocent people ending with a noose around their neck is from a bygone era and long before DNA. Many people guilty of a crime end up admitting of such and that is the very time that CAPITAL PUNISHMENT should ensue.

I suspect she endured the war in Croatia. I could imagine that would scar a person mentally enough to be disconnected with their feelings.

That child is nowhere near old enough to have endured any such mental scarring and guess what? even if that was so you would think that she of all people would have even more compassion for defenceless animals instead of being such a despicable being. Can't find it in me to make any excuses for that maggot.

I'm guessing forgiveness and trying to understand others isn't a part of your ideal world either?

Suggesting that you hope a child gets raped and brutally murdered has got to be one of the most utterly disgusting things I have ever had the misfortune to read on this forum :thumbsup:

Rape was never something that I wished upon her so please do not put words in my mouth; I may have mentioned Jack the Ripper but I was not thinking of rape as I am not of the knowledge that Jack the Ripper was a rapist. I said that in a moment of total disgust and despair so hence I do not wish for her to be mutilated which is what JTR was known for; However, I am not ashamed to say that I hope her life is one of unhappiness and total misery. As a clinical psychologist I have dealt with all walks of life and know only too well that not all cases of animal cruelty are due to a dysfunctional upbringing or some sad occurance, some people are just born plain evil so therefore I am beyond trying to constantly make excuses for such atrocities because more often than not there are NO EXCUSES! The perpetrators are simply evil and a waste of oxygen and that is the tragic part!

How very scary to let you near people as a psychologist, when you condone throwing children/kids into a river, or condemning them to a life of hell.

I don't wish to jump on someone for having an honest opinion, but I agree with this last comment here. I have had counselling myself, and have been affected by my upbringing. I would certainly never consider harming an animal/person, or ever derive pleasure from doing so. And that includes the child/children in this case, 'damaged' as they may be...Also, I would hope that, given my problems, you wouldn't consider me a waste of oxygen when counselling me, and that you would show compassion and understanding for the reasons behind what has made me who I am...What do you consider too damaged, and when do you make that call? :rofl: Pls don't get me wrong again. I am still very angry at this girl and believe she should be punished for her actions. Appropriately.

I have lots of compassion still left in me, if I didnt I would have opted out of my line of work as I don't feel pressured in doing so, I am only doing it because I do derive a great deal of satisfaction in helping people.

I would never ever consider you to be a waste of oxygen. You may have issues for whatever reason and for that my heart reaches out to you. You cannot compare yourself to the likes of that girl in the video, two entirely different people. As I have said before, my issue (and I can promise you that I am not the only person in the field of psychology that is of this opinion) lies solely with people that were clearly raised with a family that presented no problems whatsoever, love was shown, respect, interest, etc etc....and still that child is blatantly showing signs of cruelty and disregard for, be it, animal or human life. There are kids out there that actually DERIVE pleasure in torturing animals, the more the animal suffers the more the child continues to take things to the next level....that child knows it is loved, was never sexually molested, was not neglected, comes from a sound family. I, for example, was once addicted to Sarah Lee Ultra chocolate icecream literally. I just had to have it. Another individual may gather immense pleasure in playing a particular type of sport, someone may absolutely adore needlework or the art of quilt making, etc etc....and then there is the other extreme....the arsonist that reaches orgasm via lighting fires, that child that gathers enjoyment in inflicting pain and suffering onto a defenceless animal.... and so the list goes on, now that is the child that I feel is beyond help and the type of child for which I have no compassion for.

The days of innocent people ending with a noose around their neck is from a bygone era and long before DNA. Many people guilty of a crime end up admitting of such and that is the very time that CAPITAL PUNISHMENT should ensue.

Alan Gell was sentenced to death in 1995.

DNA testing had been available for several years prior to that (Kirk Bloodsworth was found innocent of murder in 1993 using DNA evidence).

Human error and deliberate falsification of evidence means that even with better technology, innocent people may still be wrongly convicted.

Disgusting vile creature. I saw the video, and have seen the photos on FB. She is actually smiling as she holds a dog up that has been almost severed in two and completely gutted. How can 1 do that, and smile about it? If this is what she finds amusing and entertaining now, than a few years down the track, who knows what she will be into. Its only going to escalate, this is how serial killers start...

Im glad she's been found. I dont want to say what i think should happen to her, but it is of the worst nature i could possibly imagine.

Cameron Willingham was executed in Texas in 2004 despite doubts about his guilt (experts say the fire he was convicted of lighting to kill his children was probably not arson at all). Robert Springsteen was convicted and sentenced to death in 2001 and his conviction was only put aside in 2009 (the DNA evidence didn't match). Innocent people are convicted of crimes all the time, despite modern technology. DNA is not even a factor in every single case. I believe the Innocence Project claims that only 5-10% of all criminal cases contain viable DNA evidence. Confessions are often false.

I think we should all just agree to disagree with Moselle and move on.

The thread has gone way off topic.

I agree. Debating Capital Punishment is probably going to lead to another slanging match, since it's something else most people have strong views on. I'm going to sign off this thread just by saying that we can all get a little carried away debating a topic we have strong feelings for, and sometimes we can all say things 'off the cuff', without thinking them through. Glad they found this girl. Hope she's punished/counselled adequately so that this horrible act doesn't lead to something worse...Farewell, all... :o

It is extraordinarily unlikely that she will be properly punished. :) The (only recently introduced) animal welfare laws in Bosnia dictate only a fine, which would probably be applied to her parents, as she is a minor. There would not be any kind of community service, counselling or offender rehabilitation involved. I suspect this very new law is rarely enforced in general and the girl wouldn't even be fined if the incident weren't so public.