Moving To M (manual)

Lab lady

Last night was week 4 of the photography course i'm doing and we moved out of the class room and put into practice many of the things we learnt the previous weeks.

I feel like a lightbulb :thumbsup: has just turned on in my brain, with just a few turns and clicks it's all starting to make sense. I know i still have a long long way to go but i am so excited at what i am able to achieve with the camera and starting to get the grip of what all those number mean and have fallen in love with the M setting.

Just a few shots from last night, there were plenty of crappie ones but that's what learning is all about.

I feel your excitement! :(

Isn't it the most amazing feeling when you finally start to "get" what is happening and your camera starts to behave in the way you imagine and then you get the buzz because it was YOU who made it behave that way!!!! :confused:

Lovely shots btw!!!

Hi Mish

Could be the same one you have done. It's at Ashmore tafe, runs for 8 weeks, the first 3 where all in the classroom then last night at southport in the park opposite Australia fair and next 2 weeks we go to the teachers studio and then a beach shoot and then the last one back at tafe.

It's very relaxed and i am getting so much from it, i looked at doing the Bluedog course but didn't think i would get all the basic stuff i needed, was it a good course?

Hi Mish

Could be the same one you have done. It's at Ashmore tafe, runs for 8 weeks, the first 3 where all in the classroom then last night at southport in the park opposite Australia fair and next 2 weeks we go to the teachers studio and then a beach shoot and then the last one back at tafe.

It's very relaxed and i am getting so much from it, i looked at doing the Bluedog course but didn't think i would get all the basic stuff i needed, was it a good course?

Is Paul Swan your teacher at Ashmore ????

Blue dog was a really good day but for the money you learn more at Ashmore

Guest belgian.blue

eta Great photos!! Very good job :laugh:

How much did it cost for the eight weeks?

Edited by belgian.blue

eta Great photos!! Very good job ;)

How much did it cost for the eight weeks?

It's $200 for the course, i was pretty clueless so i have got so much from it already so it's been great value for me.

photobucket deleted some of my photos :rofl:

Awesome photos!! How did u get the man to look all glowy? :thumbsup:

with slow shutter speed, camera was set at F11 and 15 second shutter speed.

you click the shutter button then the teacher moved a torch over the outline of his body.

Hmmmm methinks he was bragging :rofl: or dreaming.